Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

V12 Vantage S -- Autocar reviewed and LOVED it

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 02:54 PM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
V12 Vantage S -- Autocar reviewed and LOVED it

Autocar is a British weekly, for those who aren't familiar with it. This video is worth seeing. He even likes the gearbox!

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-video/v...best-aston-yet

Old 12-16-2013, 06:10 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Interesting. First review in which the reviewer wasn't critical of the gearbox. May need to drive the car and see for myself!

Old 12-16-2013, 07:24 PM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
I have to say, I have spoken to 2 people who have driven this car with a very different opinion than the articles that I have read. I can't wait to drive it.

Old 12-17-2013, 06:42 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
The only dislike for me is not the gearbox, but the lack of a front lift. Apparently, the way the suspension is designed, a front lift option is not possible. My concern is bottoming out as the carbon is expensive to replace.

Old 12-17-2013, 07:37 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
I agree on front lift, almost all super cars have them these days. I too was surprised by the reviewers politeness towards the transmission. Perhaps all it takes is a good software reflash of the TCU

Old 12-17-2013, 07:53 PM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
The nose on my McLaren was a 27K option. The lift was a no-brainer. Having said that, I drove a V12V for 2 years with out any issues. It is always better to have the lift but the AM has pretty good clearance if you don't lower it. There is a steel flange that marries to the CF front that is lower and protects it from hard surfaces while you are going slow.

One other thing to keep in mind. My V8V had an after market CF front lip that lowered the comers by 2.5 inches. I scraped that a dozen ties entering drive ways. My local body shop sanded it and sprayed it with clear and it looked brand new. So if you have a "minor incident" it is fairly easy to remedy.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:18 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Agree you don't need a lift on the V12V. Just go slow and attack grade changes at an angle and you'll be fine.

Old 12-18-2013, 10:16 AM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
I live in a rural area with a long gravel laneway off a gravel road and I have never had an issue with front splitter clearance on my V12V (wait, did I just jinx myself?)