Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Would wheel spacers void the warranty?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 08:58 PM
timwhayden is on a distinguished road
Would wheel spacers void the warranty?

I have a '13 V8V and would like to put rear wheel spacers on. Any warranty issues with suspension etc?

Old 01-22-2014, 09:24 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Not unless AM can directly correlate a part failure to the installation of an aftermarket part. I don't see how spacers will affect any part of the car other then perhaps a minuscule bit of tire wear.

Old 01-27-2014, 04:00 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Instead of spacers, go with a wider wheel/tire combo. V8 Vantage S wheels and tires do make a big difference in looks and handling and fill out the wheel wells better. IMO
Oh, and having been-there, done that with my old 07 Vantage, its not a simple bolt-on process as one might think. The spacers were relatively cheap, the labor was not.

Last edited by AXARUNNER; 01-27-2014 at 04:02 PM.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:32 PM
timwhayden is on a distinguished road
I already have the V8S wheels and tires and love them but would like the rears to fill out the wheel wells a little bit more...

Old 01-29-2014, 05:02 AM
flinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to behold
Warranty loss/Filling wheel openings

Wheel spacers=greater/unique/untested loads on original equipment wheel bearings.

Consider upsizing your rear tires to 40 aspect ratio from 35=no bearing load change, but fuller wheel openings.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:12 AM
MichaelD will become famous soon enough
If you get the H&R spacers they can be removed without trace, IF your wheels have the recesses for the studs.

They will generate additional load on the bearings, but that isn't considered a weak point on these cars, so it's extremely unlikely to cause you a problem

Old 01-29-2014, 10:32 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by timwhayden
I already have the V8S wheels and tires and love them but would like the rears to fill out the wheel wells a little bit more...
Here is a photo of my old Vantage with S wheels and rear wheel spacers. Its almost too much for the car… The car did handle very well and I posted my fastest ever time with it at Lime Rock Park last year.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0784.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	3.52 MB
ID:	326686  
Old 01-29-2014, 03:47 PM
MichaelD will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by AXARUNNER
Here is a photo of my old Vantage with S wheels and rear wheel spacers. Its almost too much for the car… The car did handle very well and I posted my fastest ever time with it at Lime Rock Park last year.
It's encouraging that you were OK putting it under (fast) track loads without a problem. Road use shouldn't ever get near that loading, well, Ok, only sometimes

Old 01-30-2014, 05:41 AM
flinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to behold
Conservative yes/Radical no

"All things in moderation", including wheel spacers.

Follow this self evident truth...you will have no problems.