Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

DB9 Performance Air Filter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 03:14 PM
Banned
jyu12 is on a distinguished road
DB9 Performance Air Filter

Im trying to decide if i should upgrade the factory aston air filter with a performance air filter from rsc. I wanted to see if anyone on here has made this upgrade and have noticed any gains.

Old 02-01-2014, 03:31 PM
07sportspack will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by jyu12
Im trying to decide if i should upgrade the factory aston air filter with a performance air filter from rsc. I wanted to see if anyone on here has made this upgrade and have noticed any gains.
I have RSC's and like them! If I was changing out factory ones during routine maintenance or had any doubts about there condition I would use performance filter's as replacements.

Old 02-03-2014, 05:20 PM
hph
hph is on a distinguished road
I'm running RSC filters on my DB9 as well. My original filters were very dirty (thank god not oily!!!) so I can feel a little bit of improvement with the RSC filters.

Old 04-17-2014, 01:43 PM
4leafcloverz is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by hph
I'm running RSC filters on my DB9 as well. My original filters were very dirty (thank god not oily!!!) so I can feel a little bit of improvement with the RSC filters.
Where are the filters located? I just bought a pair myself and am trying to figure out if I need to remove the underpanel or go through the wheel arch.

Thanks in advance.

Old 04-18-2014, 07:12 AM
07sportspack will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by 4leafcloverz
Where are the filters located? I just bought a pair myself and am trying to figure out if I need to remove the underpanel or go through the wheel arch.

Thanks in advance.
Hope attached doc helps. Take your time. Always be safe especially under you car!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DB9 air filter change.jpg
Views:	651
Size:	310.2 KB
ID:	361596  
Attached Images  
Old 12-26-2015, 09:42 AM
Organeer is on a distinguished road
DB9 air filters

It is not necessary to remove the front undertray to change the DB9 air filters if you are prepared to drill a couple of 20mm holes in the undertray to allow access to the 2 screws hidden behind it. It will also be necessary to have a long flexidrive with an 8mm socket. There are 2 difficult screws on each air filter box. One can be accessed through the undertray louvres, but the front most one needs a new access hole in the tray. Once drilled any future filter replacements are dead easy unless you are a big fan of undertray removal.

Old 07-22-2019, 11:20 PM
Intrazel is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Organeer
It is not necessary to remove the front undertray to change the DB9 air filters if you are prepared to drill a couple of 20mm holes in the undertray to allow access to the 2 screws hidden behind it. It will also be necessary to have a long flexidrive with an 8mm socket. There are 2 difficult screws on each air filter box. One can be accessed through the undertray louvres, but the front most one needs a new access hole in the tray. Once drilled any future filter replacements are dead easy unless you are a big fan of undertray removal.
You don't even need to drill holes, I accessed the screws with by removing only the wheel arch cover, I used only a 1/4 ratchet w/2-inch extension and a t25 torx, took 20 mins from start to finish !!