Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New Corvette takes on the AM V12VS

Old 02-19-2014, 08:14 AM
scottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura aboutscottblack has a spectacular aura about
New Corvette takes on the AM V12VS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK4_gLwiKf8&sns=em

Old 02-19-2014, 08:58 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
The Vantage does quite well against the Vette and spanks the Jag nicely. I'm curious about the non-stock tire/wheel combination that looks like its off a V8 S. I would also like to see a re-match in the dry.

Old 02-19-2014, 10:50 AM
Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !
WOW! I didn't see that coming! I just might have to look at the C7!

Old 02-20-2014, 08:28 AM
dallasbaker is a jewel in the roughdallasbaker is a jewel in the roughdallasbaker is a jewel in the rough
I've had a couple of Vette's and you won't find a better sports car for the money. They are finally getting around to an interior that is worthy. I don't see my DB9 in the same class. It is more of a luxury tourer. However, for the cost and caliber of this car, it would be nice to see Aston put out cars that out-perfomed the mass-produced $60k competitor.

Old 02-20-2014, 09:01 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Re-Post… sorry
If AM had the resources $$$ that GM has then I would imagine their vehicles would be world class performers. Clearly GM should have been producing a Vette of this calibre 30 years ago. I leased a C5 and couldn't wait for the 36 months to be up. It soured me against even thinking about getting another Vette. Folks say the interior is much improved over the prior model… but its still not a bespoke as an Aston Martin's interior. Maybe I'm too old-school but the video screen instrument graphics don't do it for me and I much prefer the simplicity of my V8 Vantage S set-up.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:19 AM
Aston502 will become famous soon enough
Why would they run this in the wet? Clearly the Aston spun more off the line than the Corvette, at least in the televised version.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:46 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
'Cause if they waited till it was dry, they'd be testing a C8.

Old 02-20-2014, 11:01 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
^^^^^ LOL great response.

Old 02-21-2014, 04:26 PM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
what a totally boring and uninteresting comparison

Old 02-23-2014, 01:30 PM
Gotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to behold
Aston fans are just unwillingly accepting the fact that their $150k to $200k price tag automobile is a lesser performance than a Vette. Yes I think Aston look nice and pretty but it is all for LOOKS. Aston has superior interior and bla bla bla but you pay for what you get and what you're getting is a good looking car with no real performance. Aston make their cars for OLD MAN who can't handle the true sport cars, "oh no" did I just said OLD man, who going through some late life crisis and want some attention. I read hundred of threads and the same people who putting comments on every threads laughing at other car makers, calling them girly cars, inferior materials, and praise their Aston as if they have the best car in the world. I do like Aston, it is a very good car but it still only a car. Do you really think driving AM make you a better man? I bet most of the people who calling people cars "gurly, ugly, or lesser material" are just some old man who barely driving under the speed limit on the hwy and seeking some young girls to look at their fancy rides. What a sad group of seniors, if I ever buy an AM, it is because I like the car and nothing more or less than anyone else cars.
P.S. this message is only for those who love to praise their Am and look down on other people cars. I apologize if I did offended everyone else.

Old 02-23-2014, 02:18 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
I am terribly offended, actually....

...by your terrible grammar. Oh, and please get a life.

Old 02-23-2014, 03:28 PM
Fubar has a spectacular aura aboutFubar has a spectacular aura about
New vette is a tremendous vehicle. GM really brought the A game.

Sounds like the golfer is a little jealous. Relaxe slick, this is an Aston Martin forum, what would you expect to read?

Old 02-23-2014, 03:34 PM
07sportspack will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Gotgolf52
Do you really think driving AM make you a better man? I bet most of the people who calling people cars "gurly, ugly, or lesser material" are just some old man who barely driving under the speed limit on the hwy
I own and drive my DB9 for the pleasure of driving it at ANY speed! It's a pleasure to look at in the garage as well! For people who don't own and drive an Aston Martin ....they just can't understand the experience. BTW- I own a Corvette as well, a 1958, a fun car! A totally different experience.

Old 02-23-2014, 03:41 PM
Gotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to behold
Ahhh.. finally someone get offended, and I am not sorry grandpa XJRS because you are the one who been laughing and calling people name. I thought at your age and your status, you should be a role model not a mocking bird.
Fubar, I am in the market to upgrade my car, still debating between Audi R8 V10 or AM Vantage S for my newly wed wife, hence I am browsing across these threads. I was expecting some CLASS and good advice from forum members. I admit some of AM owners gave me some great insight and advice for newbie, but I also came across some idiots bashing other people car and laughing at them, which make me sick to my stomach. Some of them even disclose their age ( and they ain't young) but acting like they are in HS. These people are at my father age, all I am saying is "you know who you are, why bother bashing others" it just make you look bad.

Old 02-23-2014, 04:12 PM
oo7
oo7 will become famous soon enoughoo7 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Gotgolf52
Ahhh.. finally someone get offended, and I am not sorry grandpa XJRS because you are the one who been laughing and calling people name. I thought at your age and your status, you should be a role model not a mocking bird.
Fubar, I am in the market to upgrade my car, still debating between Audi R8 V10 or AM Vantage S for my newly wed wife, hence I am browsing across these threads. I was expecting some CLASS and good advice from forum members. I admit some of AM owners gave me some great insight and advice for newbie, but I also came across some idiots bashing other people car and laughing at them, which make me sick to my stomach. Some of them even disclose their age ( and they ain't young) but acting like they are in HS. These people are at my father age, all I am saying is "you know who you are, why bother bashing others" it just make you look bad.
All types of people own AMs. The definable difference from other fine cars available today is assembly by hand, which allows subtle differences that can be replicated by no other maker (one aperture cut for headlights can only be done by hand and is) There are other significant differences, but the best thing is to drive them. You may like, you may not, but don't let anyone affect your decision, except, perhaps a good sale associate. BTW, my wife looks very good driving ours.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Corvette takes on the AM V12VS