Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Power windows not auto dipping

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 11:35 AM
DonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the rough
Power windows not auto dipping

Can someone help me out as to why my side windows are not auto dipping when the doors are opened/closed? 2005 DB9 in storage with ctek battery maintainer hooked up. Not much else to say in terms of qualifiers.......Also have a message stating battery in power saving mode although ctek says battery is fully charged. I thought that was weird. I have a new Oddessy battery that I will install and see what happens.

Last edited by DonBond; 02-28-2014 at 11:47 AM.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:44 PM
Conqueror is on a distinguished road
Mine has done it twice in the last few months, regular use, no idea why it happens but easy to reset.

You can easily reset it by putting the window down and continuing to hold the button for 4 or 5 seconds. Then roll it up and hold there for 4 or 5 seconds

Old 02-28-2014, 12:53 PM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
I had one window that resisted the reset procedure. Had to have the control module reflashed by the dealer. Works fine now.

Don, is that the original battery in there? If so, you've made it last a long time but it's probably dead now.

Old 02-28-2014, 01:04 PM
DonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Conqueror
Mine has done it twice in the last few months, regular use, no idea why it happens but easy to reset.

You can easily reset it by putting the window down and continuing to hold the button for 4 or 5 seconds. Then roll it up and hold there for 4 or 5 seconds
You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar........worked like a champ. Thanks

Old 02-28-2014, 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by yvr
I had one window that resisted the reset procedure. Had to have the control module reflashed by the dealer. Works fine now.

Don, is that the original battery in there? If so, you've made it last a long time but it's probably dead now.
Not sure about the originality of it but it tests good and holds a charge. I have a new Oddessy which is supposed to be really powerful for the swap out when (if) driving season starts. Thanks

Old 09-28-2015, 10:39 PM
rob4wellness is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the scoop! I bought a 2002 Vanquish recently and batt discharged...the windows reset worked as stated!

Funny thing, the Owner's Manual directed me to Owner Maintenance section for reset procedures and there were no procedures on the windows...I read all pages...huh.