Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Acquired Taste?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 01:41 PM
oo7
oo7 will become famous soon enoughoo7 will become famous soon enough
Acquired Taste?

Is it me or some sort of emperors new clothes ploy?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	n430-live-2_653.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	342184  
Old 03-05-2014, 01:48 PM
yankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond repute
It looks okay today but in 5 years? ....not a timeless color combo.

Old 03-05-2014, 01:54 PM
Texas F1 will become famous soon enough
The color combo looks okay, but the way the back edge of the yellow abruptly interrupts the nice flowing lines into the rear quarter panel doesn't look right.

Old 03-05-2014, 02:09 PM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
That N420 treatment has always been a bad choice off the track.

Meanwhile that metallic green is brilliant and the color that I want my next Aston. The yellow calipers are sort of wrong but passable I guess.

Now I just need to determine the optimum color for the interior of that body color. Iron Ore could be good, or Lords Red. Suggestions?

Old 03-05-2014, 04:22 PM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
It reminds me of the tape you see on cars before you purchase them. I feel it needs to be peeled off before it gets detailed so I can drive home in a gorgeous Vantage.

Old 03-05-2014, 04:46 PM
oo7
oo7 will become famous soon enoughoo7 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by IbisRider
That N420 treatment has always been a bad choice off the track. Meanwhile that metallic green is brilliant and the color that I want my next Aston. The yellow calipers are sort of wrong but passable I guess. Now I just need to determine the optimum color for the interior of that body color. Iron Ore could be good, or Lords Red. Suggestions?

Yes I love the color!!! It is great and bitter chocolate with black and/Havana tan or bison. Still believe Fisker had an eye roll when he saw it

Old 03-05-2014, 06:04 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Love it. If you visit the Aston Factory in Gaydon just outside London this paint scheme will make a lot more sense.

Old 03-05-2014, 08:02 PM
bluesun is on a distinguished road
Hate it. The lipstick and the roof treatment looks horrible in my eyes. Sometimes a two tone paint or black roof looks ok, but this does not. What else can they do that doesn't cost them money? They "added" 10 hp and that paint and they are calling it a special edition. Oh well, to each their own.

Old 03-05-2014, 08:16 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
I agree with most.

It seems like the design team takes 8-10 years off in between models..., then tosses the keys to the marketing and sales guys to cover for them until they return.

Old 03-06-2014, 02:48 AM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
Those graphics are an optional extra that I doubt many will specify
(much like the black roof, black rear panel and contrasting grill on the V12VS)

Old 03-06-2014, 07:49 AM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by IbisRider
That N420 treatment has always been a bad choice off the track.

Meanwhile that metallic green is brilliant and the color that I want my next Aston. The yellow calipers are sort of wrong but passable I guess.

Now I just need to determine the optimum color for the interior of that body color. Iron Ore could be good, or Lords Red. Suggestions?
One of the best exterior colors. I would consider a rich earthy color inside. Kestrel or chestnut with black carpets

Old 03-06-2014, 09:20 AM
jroback is on a distinguished road
Ugggh. No thanks.

Old 03-06-2014, 09:30 AM
jcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to behold
Lipsticksux

Old 03-06-2014, 10:07 AM
buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !
the colors are nice, just not together, looks terrible imo, like it was done by mistake, or isnt finished yet

Old 03-06-2014, 04:11 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaymoney
One of the best exterior colors. I would consider a rich earthy color inside. Kestrel or chestnut with black carpets

Kestrel is one of my FAVORITES for interior schemes with black carpets is a nice touch. I was looking for that, in fact one of the DBS I was looking at had a Kestrel interior with dark British green exterior, lovely! I think the trick is to have it so that the interior and exterior together are a nice combo, for example on my slate blue DB, the artic ice blue with obsidian and matching deviated stitching and Taylors headliner is perfect, for that exterior color Kestrel wouldn't have worked.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Acquired Taste?