Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Rapide Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 01:18 PM
ced357 is on a distinguished road
Rapide Question

Hey Guys,

I will be looking at picking up a new car in the next few months and have narrowed my search to include the Rapide. I absolutely love the stunning lines of this car and their used prices make them seem like a bargain. I've been looking into 2011's with low mileage. What are some things to watch out for and can any owners chime in on their experiences?

Also, are there any dependable tuners for this engine and what gains would one expect?

Thanks in advance

Old 04-05-2014, 02:09 PM
N91K is on a distinguished road
I've recently bought a 2011 Rapide with 8000km on it, i don't regret my decision one bit. Coming from a V8 Vantage which i still own and love, the Rapide is far better for a daily user its so much more comfortable. I can't help much with the questions you asked but all i can say is see the car in person and if you fall in love, GET IT with NO REGRET! Good luck!

EDIT:
I just saw the cars you own in your sig, will you be selling anything and replace it with the Rapide or keep them all? Im a huge AMG fan but even a BIGGER Aston Martin fan.

Old 04-05-2014, 03:30 PM
ced357 is on a distinguished road
I'm glad to hear you're happy with your purchase. I think it will offer exactly what I'm looking for. As for the AMG's, yes, I'm a bit of a fanatic. I have owned nothing but AMG's for the past few years, lol. My friends and wife think I have a problem I will be selling the C63 sedan as it has not been driven in months. I've actually been daily driving the Black series as of late.

Old 04-05-2014, 04:20 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ced357
Hey Guys,

I will be looking at picking up a new car in the next few months and have narrowed my search to include the Rapide. I absolutely love the stunning lines of this car and their used prices make them seem like a bargain. I've been looking into 2011's with low mileage. What are some things to watch out for and can any owners chime in on their experiences?

Also, are there any dependable tuners for this engine and what gains would one expect?

Thanks in advance
We are somewhat dependable. Depends who you ask. My wife says I go fishing too much. Have worked with lots of 6speeders on their cars though, so you should be able to get some objective feedback here.

+49BHP & 45ft/lbs should be achievable along with a great sound. We have installed this kit on the V12V, V12 Zagato, DB9 so far but not a Rapide (although the parts & software are all the same.)
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-vanquish.html

http://www.velocityap.com/Aston-DB9-...pnoexhaust.htm

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 04-06-2014, 05:50 AM
N91K is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ced357
I'm glad to hear you're happy with your purchase. I think it will offer exactly what I'm looking for. As for the AMG's, yes, I'm a bit of a fanatic. I have owned nothing but AMG's for the past few years, lol. My friends and wife think I have a problem I will be selling the C63 sedan as it has not been driven in months. I've actually been daily driving the Black series as of late.
Thanks! I hope you get what you want.