Go Back  6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource > British > Aston Martin
Reload this Page >

V8V 4.3 Power Upgrade kit - Is it worth it? Can parts be sourced for less the dealer?

Notices
Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

V8V 4.3 Power Upgrade kit - Is it worth it? Can parts be sourced for less the dealer?

Old 04-18-2014, 07:47 PM
Jeremyosj is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by telum01 View Post
If I remember correctly, the V8VS has the black intake manifold. The setup on the V8VS is the same as the Power Pack - the modified intake manifold and different airboxes. The Power Pack also has a black intake manifold, also modified for the new airboxes. Any Vantage with normal airboxes (the ones without the extra flaps) should have a grey intake manifold, unless it was painted (non-original). So:

Grey intake manifold: standard manifold, standard airboxes, etc.
Black intake manifold: modified manifold, airboxes with extra flaps - either the V8VS or the Power Pack.

I understand that the black intake is the same as the grey with an extra air tap to open the flaps on the air boxes. Guess the flaps must be vacuum operated.

I have already ran a base dyno and I am doing the ECU and exhaust on right now.