Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

2009 DBS - Fair price?

Old 05-26-2014, 07:00 PM
anton28 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
You are quite wrong about this. There has NEVER been an audio option for the DBS. Alpine Premium was the only system available until chassis #754 and from that point on the B&O system was the only system available.
Man you are way miss-informed. You can clearly see 2009s for sale with and without the B&O system.

Old 05-26-2014, 07:09 PM
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
I can assure you that I am way, way into stereo quality, so please don't make assumptions. I've got almost 6 figures invested in my home stereo, so I know what sounds good.

I explained why early DBS's didn't have B&O....because it wasn't ready. There has never been an choice of audio for the DBS, period. If it is chassis number 754 or earlier, it is Alpine, after, B&O. B&O is extra only on lesser model Astons, not on the DBS.
OK Im not here to get in to a pissing match. Lets just agree to disagree about the quality of the B&O system in the DBS but do explain to me how the B&O is not an option on the 2009(in the US). The car the guy is looking at is a 2009 with out the B&O. The 2009 car I bought has B&O. So how is that not an option? The owner who ordered my car clearly checked off the B&O box as yes and the guy who ordered the car the silver car in this thread did not check that box and opted out for the standard alpine system. What am i missing here........................

Old 05-26-2014, 07:28 PM
riozilla is on a distinguished road
According to Edmunds, it was an option in 2009 and standard in 2010. Beyond that, I don't know. Let's all agree to disagree if that's ok and not devolve here. I appreciate all of your enthusiasm for the DBS and I will let you know if I pick her up.

Old 05-26-2014, 07:46 PM
FatFrank has a spectacular aura aboutFatFrank has a spectacular aura about

Old 05-26-2014, 08:10 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by anton28
Man you are way miss-informed. You can clearly see 2009s for sale with and without the B&O system.
I never said 2009, did I? Any 2009 BEFORE #754 is Alpine and every DBS AFTER that is B&O, and that clearly includes later 2009 models.

Old 05-26-2014, 08:17 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by anton28
OK Im not here to get in to a pissing match. Lets just agree to disagree about the quality of the B&O system in the DBS but do explain to me how the B&O is not an option on the 2009(in the US). The car the guy is looking at is a 2009 with out the B&O. The 2009 car I bought has B&O. So how is that not an option? The owner who ordered my car clearly checked off the B&O box as yes and the guy who ordered the car the silver car in this thread did not check that box and opted out for the standard alpine system. What am i missing here........................
Let me know when you find an option list that has B&O and Alpine as a selection for a DBS...

Old 05-26-2014, 08:38 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
You guys arguing with Steve on the stereo issue need to go back and do your homework. Steve is right. The DBS was first built in August 2007 as a 2008MY. Those cars came with the excellent 700W Alpine Premium Audio as standard. There was no other audio option at the time. Cars built starting in September 2008 came with the 1000W B&O Audio System as standard. So for the 2009MY there were some early cars that had the Alpine Premium Audio but all the later cars had the B&O. There was never a choice of "upgrading" the stereo as an option. Indeed, the B&O system was actually developed for the DBS and later offered as an option for the other models.

Old 05-26-2014, 08:41 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by riozilla
According to Edmunds, it was an option in 2009 and standard in 2010. Beyond that, I don't know. Let's all agree to disagree if that's ok and not devolve here. I appreciate all of your enthusiasm for the DBS and I will let you know if I pick her up.
As explained in my previous post, the reason Edmunds lists it as an "option" is because earlier 2009 cars had one type and later ones had the other. There was no "box to tick" to indicate that you wanted a different stereo with the DBS. It just depended on when the car was built. No need to "agree to disagree" here.

Last edited by karlfranz; 05-26-2014 at 11:56 PM.
Old 05-26-2014, 10:45 PM
speedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by riozilla
I'm looking at this 2009 DBS w/ ~5k miles and wanted to get a sense of whether it was priced well or what you think a fair price would be for me to pay?

They are asking $129k.

http://www.bentleygoldcoast.com/2009-aston-martin-dbs-c-643.htm?make=ASTON%20MARTIN&model=DBS&

Thanks in advance!k
I'm in the Chicago area and looked at this car a few months ago. Very clean, nice piece. I had my dealer run the service history on it and even went as far as contacting the dealer that sold it new. I would recommend you do the same. I don't want to get into great detail here.. Nothing horrible but many little issues needed to be sorted I thought (my dealer agreed). It's a very early 09, maybe that has something to do with it? Just FYI..

Old 05-26-2014, 10:48 PM
^^^ Aww. Come on, man! Go ahead and get into great detail here. Inquiring minds want to know.

Old 05-26-2014, 11:27 PM
riozilla is on a distinguished road
Thanks, very helpful. Pm if you would not mind sharing details and yes I had planned on getting into service history this week as a part of diligence.

Old 05-26-2014, 11:38 PM
Originally Posted by karlfranz
You guys arguing with Steve on the stereo issue need to go back and do your homework. Steve is right. The DBS was first built in August 2007 as a 2008MY. Those cars came with the excellent 700W Alpine Premium Audio as standard. There was no other audio option at the time. Cars built starting in September 2008 came with the 1000W B&O Audio System as standard. So for the 2009MY there were some early cars that had the Alpine Premium Audio but all the later cars had the B&O. There was never a choice of "upgrading" the stereo as an option. Indeed, the B&O system was actually developed for the DBS and later offered as an option for the other models.

Thank you for a great explanation. This makes perfect sense!

Old 05-27-2014, 03:41 AM
N91K is on a distinguished road
I don't really know much about prices but all i know is that is one great looking DBS!

Old 05-27-2014, 04:06 AM
rscultho is on a distinguished road
I got my 2009 DBS about 8 weeks ago for ~$112K. Mine had 30K miles on it and had just received a new factory clutch.

As to the stereo, the B&O in mine sounds like crap. Flat, hardly any separation between channels, and the subwoofer is a pitiful excuse for a subwoofer.

The Bowers and Wilkins in the 2010 XKR I owned was *WAY* better in sound and function. For Example, the B&W would auto adjust for background noise in the cabin as you drove.

Old 05-27-2014, 07:40 AM
4pipes will become famous soon enough4pipes will become famous soon enough
I agree, the B&O system sounds terrible. Our new E class sounds way better. I usually just put the windows down and listen to the exhaust note instead.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2009 DBS - Fair price?