Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

2009 DBS - Fair price?

Old 05-26-2014, 11:01 AM
riozilla is on a distinguished road
2009 DBS - Fair price?

I'm looking at this 2009 DBS w/ ~5k miles and wanted to get a sense of whether it was priced well or what you think a fair price would be for me to pay?

They are asking $129k.

http://www.bentleygoldcoast.com/2009-aston-martin-dbs-c-643.htm?make=ASTON%20MARTIN&model=DBS&

Thanks in advance!k

Old 05-26-2014, 11:05 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
My dealer has a beautiful Touchtronic Morning Frost DBS with 6500 miles for $140K right now.

Old 05-26-2014, 11:18 AM
Thanks for the tip but that's more than I want to spend and this one is the exact color and configuration I wanted. That info is helpful to get a sense of what's comparable in the market and now I'm trying to figure out how much negotiating room you guys think that I have on the price.

Old 05-26-2014, 11:32 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
I doubt you have much wiggle room there. $129K is already a fairly good price-especially for a Manual DBS. I've had that car on my eBay watch list for a couple of weeks. Good luck. It's a beauty.

Old 05-26-2014, 12:17 PM
anton28 will become famous soon enough
I recommend you buy one with the upgraded Bang & Olufsen stereo. Its a night and day difference. The factory system sounds like ****.

I bough my 09 one owner 7k miles Touchtronic gray color DBS with every option for 127k it was listed for 135k. I believe the upgraded stereo option alone was 10k when new, correct me if Im wrong though. At the time I was also looking at the car you are currently looking at and they accepted my 125k offer.

Old 05-26-2014, 12:26 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by anton28
I recommend you buy one with the upgraded Bang & Olufsen stereo. Its a night and day difference. The factory system sounds like ****.

I bough my 09 one owner 7k miles Touchtronic gray color DBS with every option for 127k it was listed for 135k. I believe the upgraded stereo option alone was 10k when new, correct me if Im wrong though. At the time I was also looking at the car you are currently looking at and they accepted my 125k offer.
The B&O is not night and day different according to those who have listened to both the Alpine and B&O systems. Some even prefer the Alpine system instead of the B&O. Also, while the motorized tweeters certainly look the cat's meow, it is just one more complication to fail, and you know what that means!

The B&O was never an extra cost option for the DBS. It is factory standard, just as the Alpine Premium was prior to the B&O being ready.

Old 05-26-2014, 02:34 PM
In 2009 the B&O was an option and then it became standard in 2010.

Old 05-26-2014, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
The B&O is not night and day different according to those who have listened to both the Alpine and B&O systems. Some even prefer the Alpine system instead of the B&O. Also, while the motorized tweeters certainly look the cat's meow, it is just one more complication to fail, and you know what that means!

The B&O was never an extra cost option for the DBS. It is factory standard, just as the Alpine Premium was prior to the B&O being ready.
Ive heard both and Im very in tune with my stereo knowledge. The none B&O system sounds like ****! As far as the relaibility of the tweeter, my 07 Audio S8 with 95k miles had zero issues with them (same B&O system and tweeters as DBS) If your not in to stereo quality, which it sounds that your not, then yes you would knot care for the B&O system. This is my personal opinion. Take it as you will.

FYI B&O was a $6,300 dollar option on the Audi. I assure you there is a premium for it on the DBS. Why would one 2009 DBS have it and another 2009 DBS not? Im going to do proper research and come back with the actual option price tag for this.

Old 05-26-2014, 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by riozilla
There you go!

Old 05-26-2014, 03:36 PM
V12V will become famous soon enough
Yes the B&O is stock from 2010. As to the sound quality compared to the premium system the B&O is better. No question. I have two Vantages. One with and one without. The B &O produces an actual sound stage while the premium system sounds like a very good car stereo. Is it worth the price difference on a non DBS? That's the question for you to decide.

Old 05-26-2014, 03:52 PM
bmw47 is on a distinguished road
Check in the marketplace section of this forum.There is an another one there.

Old 05-26-2014, 05:56 PM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
I'm looking at this 2009 DBS w/ ~5k miles and wanted to get a sense of whether it was priced well or what you think a fair price would be for me to pay?

They are asking $129k.

http://www.bentleygoldcoast.com/2009...TIN&model=DBS&

Thanks in advance!k
That's a gorgeous DBS! I can't believe how far they have fallen in price. Amazing.

Old 05-26-2014, 06:17 PM
Banned
CALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RossL
That's a gorgeous DBS! I can't believe how far they have fallen in price. Amazing.
I agree but what is nice is that the car still looks new and relevant today. So todays buyer get a great deal. Most people would not take that car for a 2009 vehicle. That company has a pretty nice inventory of cars.

Old 05-26-2014, 06:19 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
You are quite wrong about this. There has NEVER been an audio option for the DBS. Alpine Premium was the only system available until chassis #754 and from that point on the B&O system was the only system available.

Old 05-26-2014, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by anton28
Ive heard both and Im very in tune with my stereo knowledge. The none B&O system sounds like ****! As far as the relaibility of the tweeter, my 07 Audio S8 with 95k miles had zero issues with them (same B&O system and tweeters as DBS) If your not in to stereo quality, which it sounds that your not, then yes you would knot care for the B&O system. This is my personal opinion. Take it as you will.

FYI B&O was a $6,300 dollar option on the Audi. I assure you there is a premium for it on the DBS. Why would one 2009 DBS have it and another 2009 DBS not? Im going to do proper research and come back with the actual option price tag for this.
I can assure you that I am way, way into stereo quality, so please don't make assumptions. I've got almost 6 figures invested in my home stereo, so I know what sounds good.

I explained why early DBS's didn't have B&O....because it wasn't ready. There has never been an choice of audio for the DBS, period. If it is chassis number 754 or earlier, it is Alpine, after, B&O. B&O is extra only on lesser model Astons, not on the DBS.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2009 DBS - Fair price?