Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

It's just a car!?!?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 06:43 AM
slayer of souls is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mfrankel
I have plenty of road rash from use, and although I rationalize it as a badge of proof of use, it still bothers me....but thankfully not to the point of deterring my driving amount.

I also know where EVERY scratch is, and when I got them, even though most are minor and nothing my wife would notice.

I really wish I didn't care, but then again if that were the case I'd drive a Carollla!
Thank you, I thought I was crazy to think this way.

Old 06-05-2014, 07:41 AM
jcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
Own a Lambo and then come back to Aston, that will cure any stress or hesitation you may have. Once you realize the stress is 10x worse wi a Lambo, the aston is a breath of fresh air and you can relax
I did just that! you can definitely relax 10x with the Aston

Old 06-05-2014, 11:03 AM
oo7
oo7 will become famous soon enoughoo7 will become famous soon enough
I have already done the front and rockers twice. 65k miles. I only don't drive in snow. I live where know one really knows quite what it is. I have always had rare cars and proper stewardship is sort of automatic for me. The car is small and is safe in a big parking space, however two doors and mini vans transporting americans of typical american girth are always dangerous. Also use sunshield and a blanket on the deck when parked in sun. The finish on the car is lovely when cleaned and waxed even with road rash. Turtle wax black is great if applied and left over night, provided your car is meteorite or darker, it negates the whitish chip marks in the clear to a great degree

Old 06-05-2014, 11:26 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
I almost never park anywhere other than my own, climate-controlled garage at home. If the car is out, it's usually because it's being driven.

Since I don't drive my exotics to work, I never have to worry about the paint, leather, or clear plastic headlights baking in the scorching Melbourne sun for +8hrs. That's what the 1999 MX-5 is for.

Last edited by karlfranz; 06-05-2014 at 11:29 AM.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:42 AM
zvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nice
Took it grocery shopping yesterday, boot is surprisingly roomy.

I do park well away from everything.

Old 06-05-2014, 12:02 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by karlfranz
I almost never park anywhere other than my own, climate-controlled garage at home. If the car is out, it's usually because it's being driven.

Since I don't drive my exotics to work, I never have to worry about the paint, leather, or clear plastic headlights baking in the scorching Melbourne sun for +8hrs. That's what the 1999 MX-5 is for.
Same here. Generally, I get in the car from in the garage and get out of the car in the garage. Car is seldom parked anywhere but there. Unless I'm displaying it at a car show...

Old 06-05-2014, 12:54 PM
4pipes will become famous soon enough4pipes will become famous soon enough
We take our car on 1000+ mile road trips, but I'm always careful when parking and going up/down steep ramps. I never let valets park it without me when I'm unfamiliar with the slope of the garage ramp.

Old 06-05-2014, 01:04 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Valets? The only person that drives my car besides me is my tech when it goes in for service.

Old 06-05-2014, 01:13 PM
4pipes will become famous soon enough4pipes will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by karlfranz
Valets? The only person that drives my car besides me is my tech when it goes in for service.
You guys are making me feel more normal.

Old 06-06-2014, 03:32 PM
V12Vin is on a distinguished road
The valets I encountered are usually quite hands-off with manual cars. I have always parked my own car even with valet price. I get to park in a great spot. They don't get to drive my car. Win-win situation imo.