Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

It's just a car!?!?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 10:40 AM
zvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nice
It's just a car!?!?!

So I've had other nice cars but it's been many years. I'd love to drive mine to work some but it's open parking and I'd probably stress over what might happen to it parked in the lot in the sun, vandalism, etc.

It's still new to me and hope this wears off to a certain degree, I'd like to enjoy it more!
Chris

Old 06-03-2014, 11:25 AM
oldfool is on a distinguished road
Had mine for over a year and feel the same. I stress out every time I leave it in a parking lot etc.

Old 06-03-2014, 11:58 AM
N91K is on a distinguished road
Same thing with me, i care and stress so much.. Almost 5 years and i still feel the same and I'm sure it will never change!

Old 06-03-2014, 12:36 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Own a Lambo and then come back to Aston, that will cure any stress or hesitation you may have. Once you realize the stress is 10x worse wi a Lambo, the aston is a breath of fresh air and you can relax

Old 06-03-2014, 01:11 PM
4pipes will become famous soon enough4pipes will become famous soon enough
I get stressed over parking my DBS. Last week after golf I saw a new F12 Berlinetta parked between two cars! Saw it again since in same situation. Now, I'm thinking $500K car not worried? Why should I. We should not be owned by our stuff.

Old 06-03-2014, 01:53 PM
rscultho is on a distinguished road
So, I thought I used to get a lot of attention in my 2010 XKR. And, I did get people that spoke to me on occasion; it was less than often, but more than seldom. Also, my XKR had this annoying tendency that wherever I parked it, I would come out and there would be pickup trucks around it.

Wow. Since I have gotten the DBS, not only does somebody approach me when I am stopped almost every single time, I also have people that drive up beside me and talk to me - sometimes when we are moving at 60MPH!!! I've explained in another thread how I get cars that drive up beside me and hang near me.

When I park, I often come out to find (not jut one) but several people walking around my car, which really bugs me. I know most people are jus there for obvious reasons, but I worry that somebody with a flat bed is gonna follow me and when I go inside (where ever) scoop the car up.

Old 06-03-2014, 02:45 PM
Bleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of lightBleen is a glorious beacon of light
Lol I found an idiot taking a photo laying over my hood once...

I try not to worry too much, I always look for the widest, furthest possible spot.

Old 06-03-2014, 03:15 PM
slayer of souls is on a distinguished road
Thepaint on the aston is extremely soft, even with an opticoat I stress each time someone approaches it.

Old 06-03-2014, 07:02 PM
CobaltC4S is on a distinguished road
I parked my car beside Ottawa University because I had a soccer match there, and when I got back I noticed someone tried to take my Porsche emblem off the front. Failed attempt - they scratched my hood up in the process.

Punks!

Old 06-03-2014, 07:50 PM
RandysWay will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
Own a Lambo and then come back to Aston, that will cure any stress or hesitation you may have. Once you realize the stress is 10x worse wi a Lambo, the aston is a breath of fresh air and you can relax
This, LOL! I own a 2008 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera as well as a 2010 V8 Vantage, and the Aston Martin is truly a breath of fresh air.. I can park this thing anywhere

Old 06-04-2014, 01:06 AM
plastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to all
The Aston just exudes understated elegance, so naturally it gets some attention. You get the occasional freeway photos, parking photos and normally genuine car enthusiasts ask about the car. I don't worry about much other than the exquisite paint job on the car ever being violated. No other brand matches Aston's paint work. Sometimes I consider clear bra'g the whole car (a previous owner did that to my old V8V).
But the Aston is a breath of fresh air compared to the CGT.

Old 06-04-2014, 08:38 AM
nanohead is on a distinguished road
Well, mine sustained its first bit of body damage yesterday, and now I'm bummed. I don't stress too much, as it is only a material possession, and not a person that I really care about. However, it did cost as much as several semesters of college tuition for any one of my kids, so I guess there is a true relationship!

Old 06-04-2014, 09:12 PM
07sportspack will become famous soon enough
Aston Martin Parking Stress (AMPS) can be a real issue.
The only known cure is to keep driving. AND... The only place to park your Aston that you can't watch your car, backing in of course, is in your own garage.

Old 06-04-2014, 10:38 PM
mfrankel is on a distinguished road
Talking A post we can all relate to

I park all my cars out in Bumble whenever possible to avoid door dings, and no matter how hot, never under a shady tree exposed to bird droppings or sap.

I also try to keep a distance between me and the car in front, never behind raised trucks or those without mudflaps, and swerve slightly to avoid being in the shadow of a car changing lanes to avoid rock chips.

It's all second nature now, derived not from paranoia, but unfortunately from experience.

I have plenty of road rash from use, and although I rationalize it as a badge of proof of use, it still bothers me....but thankfully not to the point of deterring my driving amount.

I also know where EVERY scratch is, and when I got them, even though most are minor and nothing my wife would notice.

I really wish I didn't care, but then again if that were the case I'd drive a Carollla!

Old 06-04-2014, 10:39 PM
blue_skies is just really niceblue_skies is just really niceblue_skies is just really niceblue_skies is just really niceblue_skies is just really nice
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
Agreed. Lambos are an absolute nightmare to drive around a city. I don't miss it one bit.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: It's just a car!?!?!