Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Buying my first AM car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 08:37 PM
koolkat1973 will become famous soon enough
Buying my first AM car

I am super excited to be buying my first AM car. It is a 2007 V8 Vantage in Monaco Blue color. I am buying it from the Law Auto Group. I had the PPI inspection done at an AM Dealership in Chicago. The service manager, Fil, was super cool. He was very helpful and was more than willing to provide his expertise with AM car. The PPI was good with only some minor issues. Fil told me that it was a very good car and would recommend it as a buy. That was I all I needed to hear. Car is scheduled to be pick up on Thursday, 7/31. Needless to say - this will be the longest week til she gets delivered to me. This is the car I'm getting.

http://www.lawautogroup.com/web/used...nois/13841007/

Old 07-25-2014, 09:15 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Very nice. Congrats.

Old 07-25-2014, 09:30 PM
spf1410 has a spectacular aura aboutspf1410 has a spectacular aura about
Congrats, that is a beauty! Good luck sleeping between now and delivery ... :-)

Old 07-25-2014, 11:16 PM
midwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud of
Very nice to hear! I dealt with Fil on the PPI for the black 08' I was considering. He was super thorough. Glad to hear that car was in excellent shape! Great price for the miles, too. The dark blue interior looks very nice (and I never thought I'd say that about a blue interior).

Well done! I might have just fielded an offer to Adam @ Los Gatos on the Tungsten 07' CPO... hopefully I will be joining you in the owners circle soon

Old 07-25-2014, 11:59 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Very nice, cool colour too!

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 07-26-2014, 04:50 AM
oo7
oo7 will become famous soon enoughoo7 will become famous soon enough
Very nice, congrats. Yes, and good luck sleeping till it arrives.

Old 07-26-2014, 06:05 AM
Originally Posted by midwestamv8
Very nice to hear! I dealt with Fil on the PPI for the black 08' I was considering. He was super thorough. Glad to hear that car was in excellent shape! Great price for the miles, too. The dark blue interior looks very nice (and I never thought I'd say that about a blue interior).

Well done! I might have just fielded an offer to Adam @ Los Gatos on the Tungsten 07' CPO... hopefully I will be joining you in the owners circle soon
Thanks. What happened to the San Diego car? I thought I read somewhere you were about to pull the trigger on that. I also looked at the Los Gatos 07 Tungsten. It's a very nice, clean looking car. Good luck with that car. It's CPOed so I guess you wouldn't need to get a PPI.

Old 07-26-2014, 06:51 AM
N91K is on a distinguished road
Great color combo, congrats!

Old 07-26-2014, 09:40 AM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Nice low mileage car congrats pics please when you have it at home

Old 07-26-2014, 11:07 AM
b_gust99 will become famous soon enough
Love that color...welcome to the club

Old 07-26-2014, 11:20 AM
Thanks all. I will definitely post pics when car arrives.

Old 07-26-2014, 01:51 PM
jroback is on a distinguished road
Wow. Great color and beautiful car!

Old 07-26-2014, 05:05 PM
midwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by koolkat1973
Thanks. What happened to the San Diego car? I thought I read somewhere you were about to pull the trigger on that. I also looked at the Los Gatos 07 Tungsten. It's a very nice, clean looking car. Good luck with that car. It's CPOed so I guess you wouldn't need to get a PPI.
I ended up speaking to the previous owner (who is on this board too) and he highly recommended I not get it. Apparently it had bad brakes and an intermittently bad thermostat that caused the car to overheat in stop and go traffic (I think AM San Diego missed the brakes in the PPI... he said they had 3-4mm left when he sold it to a broker, whom I assume sold it to this dealer, and theres no record of them being replaced... so it makes me wonder what else they missed on the car.)

Either way, the car required a lot of service and our recently negotiated price ended up being much closer to the Los Gatos car all said and done... plus I just decided I didn't want the headaches.

I talked to the main guy in service at Los Gatos about the CPO 07' and he couldn't stop talking about how nice the car was and how sad he'd be to see it leave California, and it has had *every single* service performed on it by the dealer on time (also, it had the tri-joint resealed in 2010, and since there hasn't been an oil leak since, I think it's safe to say the repair was successful - if not I still have a one year CPO warranty).

We're very close to making a deal, Adam just needs to check his cost on a few items I requested as part of my offer. Might even be flying out there as soon as Wednesday to pick it up (I MUST BEAT YOU!!!)

I'll be paying CA sales tax so I can drive it home as MO allows you to get a credit for sales tax you pay in another state and CA requires that you pay sales tax in CA if you drive it off the lot. It's a slightly higher rate, but it's a wash vs. shipping, and a road trip sounds like too much fun!

Old 07-27-2014, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by midwestamv8
I ended up speaking to the previous owner (who is on this board too) and he highly recommended I not get it. Apparently it had bad brakes and an intermittently bad thermostat that caused the car to overheat in stop and go traffic (I think AM San Diego missed the brakes in the PPI... he said they had 3-4mm left when he sold it to a broker, whom I assume sold it to this dealer, and theres no record of them being replaced... so it makes me wonder what else they missed on the car.)

Either way, the car required a lot of service and our recently negotiated price ended up being much closer to the Los Gatos car all said and done... plus I just decided I didn't want the headaches.

I talked to the main guy in service at Los Gatos about the CPO 07' and he couldn't stop talking about how nice the car was and how sad he'd be to see it leave California, and it has had *every single* service performed on it by the dealer on time (also, it had the tri-joint resealed in 2010, and since there hasn't been an oil leak since, I think it's safe to say the repair was successful - if not I still have a one year CPO warranty).

We're very close to making a deal, Adam just needs to check his cost on a few items I requested as part of my offer. Might even be flying out there as soon as Wednesday to pick it up (I MUST BEAT YOU!!!)

I'll be paying CA sales tax so I can drive it home as MO allows you to get a credit for sales tax you pay in another state and CA requires that you pay sales tax in CA if you drive it off the lot. It's a slightly higher rate, but it's a wash vs. shipping, and a road trip sounds like too much fun!
That's good to hear that you are closer to your AM Vantage. I have my shipping pickup scheduled for Wednesday as well. So with a 3-5 days transit window, I probably won't see the car until early next Monday-Tuesday. That is gonna be really tough. Anyway - take lots of pics of your car should you get it before me. Good luck.

Old 08-02-2014, 08:49 PM
MY07 Vantage was delivered yesterday. She's home now where she belongs. What a beautiful car. Looks even better in person.

Here are some pictures of the actual unloading from the truck. I will post some better pictures after I give her a nice wash and was.

My boy is ready to take over the car

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Buying my first AM car