Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

A bit disappointed with Los Gatos Aston Martin...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 11:07 AM
midwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud of
A bit disappointed with Los Gatos Aston Martin...

Those of you familiar with my previous threads know I was searching for a Vantage for a while. I made a deal with Adam @ Los Gatos for the CPO 07' so many of you recommended. As part of the deal they were to repair a curbed rim and fix some scuff marks on the bumper. I originally planned to drive the car back, so they would have needed to fix those issues before my arrival last Friday which they said wasn't a problem (8/1). A few days before my arrival I decided to ship it back instead, but still wanted to come see the car in person and make a trip of it.

I flew out to SF and went to the dealer on 8/1, but the wheel and bumper weren't repaired. No big deal I thought - I'm sure they'll get to it very soon and stick it on a truck early next week. Not really. They first said it was being repaired on Wednesday (after not hearing a peep from them and having to inquire with my sales person myself, the only person I could get a hold of), then he said Thursday (I still don't know if it was done yet), and it sounds like he hasn't even booked the transport yet, as he said he wanted to time it with the "completion of the repairs". I'm starting to get quite pissed and quite a bit anxious. I paid cashiers check for the car last Friday, and for them to take a week for some small repairs I was under the impression they'd have repaired when I showed up is unacceptable. It's a week transport from CA to MO, and it's already been a week since I closed and I have no idea about any of the time lines here because they haven't communicated them with me. GM won't return any of my calls or emails, and all I can get is a "sent from iphone" email from my salesperson. Just left a VM for my salesperson - we'll see if he even calls me back.

Any advice on how I should handle this with them? I feel like I'm in a tough spot because they have the cash and the car and I can't really do anything about it until they decide to ship it - what does being a jerk to them about this accomplish? Nothing really.... In retrospect I should have asked for a timeline in advance of closing, but I never imagined it would have been a whole week before the repairs were even completed. This is my car now - I've paid for it and I want to get the show on the damn road...

Old 08-08-2014, 11:23 AM
zvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nice
Tough call, you could approach your salesman one last time for a firm timeline, if no success then you could talk to the GM. and maybe more luck that way. You can do it all politely without coming off as a jerk. As you say, it's your car, you paid for it and you deserve to get the transaction completed.

Old 08-08-2014, 11:28 AM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
It's certainly unacceptable that the GM (Christina H) won't return your phone calls and that your aren't receiving any information from your sales rep. regarding when your car will be ready/sent, especially since you made a trip out. I've only dealt with the service dept. and that group has treated me well.

You can elevate your displeasure with Los Gatos AM by contacting Julian Jenkins - VP and General Manager of AMNA in Irvine, CA. Explaining your situation (venting?) to him may help?

Last edited by DonL; 08-08-2014 at 11:55 AM. Reason: deleted contact info
Old 08-08-2014, 11:36 AM
midwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by DonL
It's certainly unacceptable that the GM (Christina H) won't return your phone calls and that your aren't receiving any information from your sales rep. regarding when your car will be ready/sent, especially since you made a trip out. I've only dealt with the service dept. and that group has treated me well.
Thanks for the info, DonL. Cristina and Ryan were great to work with in person, I'm just totally shocked I can't even get a return phone call an entire week after I closed on the car. A little information from them would save me a lot of anxiety and headache, but I can't even get them on the phone. I should be happy and excited to get my new car, instead I'm stressed and am starting to wonder whether I made the right call. Not something I wanted to feel after handing over so much money.

I hate to complain up the ladder about them, but in my previous email to Adam I mentioned that handing over so much cash and not hearing anything for nearly a week was troubling, and he didn't address my comment in his return email. I feel like if I was valued at all *someone* could take 5 minutes and call me to let me know what's going on and when I'll get my vehicle.

I'll keep Julian's number and decide whether he deserves a call by the end of the day. Thanks again!

Last edited by midwestamv8; 08-08-2014 at 12:07 PM.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:45 AM
Well right as I hit post Adam gave me a call. Everything's been done and the car is being detailed now, in a bit he's gonna take pics of the repairs for me. He's getting the shipping lined up right now so I guess it comes down to how soon the company can pick it up. I'll update when I know more.

Old 08-08-2014, 12:01 PM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
Phew...

Originally Posted by midwestamv8
Well right as I hit post Adam gave me a call. Everything's been done and the car is being detailed now, in a bit he's gonna take pics of the repairs for me. He's getting the shipping lined up right now so I guess it comes down to how soon the company can pick it up. I'll update when I know more.
Glad to hear that it's back on track. I had just posted another reply, and as soon as I read your most recent post I deleted mine...

As an aside, were the interior colors better in person than the posted photos?

Old 08-08-2014, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by DonL
Glad to hear that it's back on track. I had just posted another reply, and as soon as I read your most recent post I deleted mine...

As an aside, were the interior colors better in person than the posted photos?
Yes! The gray was actually quite a bit darker than in the photos. Looked great with the tungsten silver.

Old 08-08-2014, 12:07 PM
Yes! The gray was actually quite a bit darker than in the photos. Looked great with the tungsten silver.
Presumed you were happy with the colors, as you bought the car
PM sent also...

Old 08-08-2014, 12:29 PM
zvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nice
great that this has worked out. Do you know who's going to be transporting? Should be pretty quick as the car transporters go back and forth from the coasts pretty regulary.

Plycar did mine and they were great, car came from Long Island to here in Columbus GA in about 3 days.

Old 08-08-2014, 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by zvez
great that this has worked out. Do you know who's going to be transporting? Should be pretty quick as the car transporters go back and forth from the coasts pretty regulary.

Plycar did mine and they were great, car came from Long Island to here in Columbus GA in about 3 days.
Plycar is who they use, so looks like I'm in good hands.

Old 08-08-2014, 01:14 PM
THey're actually the official transporter for AM.....

Plycar is who they use, so looks like I'm in good hands.

Old 08-08-2014, 01:22 PM
koolkat1973 will become famous soon enough
Congratulation midwestamv8. Glad everything finally worked out for you. Your baby should be here in no time. I used Intercity Lines to transport my car from Chicago to Northern VA and it took them all but one day. Made the appointment with them on Wednesday, they picked up on Thursday, and car was at my house by Friday at 1:30pm. And they did all this with a smile on their face. I super highly recommend them.

Old 08-08-2014, 08:21 PM
spf1410 has a spectacular aura aboutspf1410 has a spectacular aura about
Glad to hear you got things ironed out. Congratulations - that is a great looking car.

Regarding Plycar, they are spectacular! They handled my car and it was an excellent experience.

Good luck sleeping between now ... and the time you get the key!

Old 08-08-2014, 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by spf1410
Glad to hear you got things ironed out. Congratulations - that is a great looking car.

Regarding Plycar, they are spectacular! They handled my car and it was an excellent experience.

Good luck sleeping between now ... and the time you get the key!
The car should be loaded tomorrow at 3pm. Hopefully I'll get it sometime next week! And yes, this is going to be a very long week

Old 08-08-2014, 11:53 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Week? Try waiting almost 6 months!

Congrats, btw.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A bit disappointed with Los Gatos Aston Martin...