Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Opinions please...dealer is not fulfilling their promise...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 05:50 AM
rscultho is on a distinguished road
Opinions please...dealer is not fulfilling their promise...

So I would like opinions on whether I am over-reacting.

When I purchased my DBS back in March, there was leather pulling on the dash panel on the driver side just behind the cowl, next to the winshield. I discovered the leather puling the next day after I drove the car home. The dealer agreed to repair the leather, but said they would order a new panel instead.

That was almost 5 months ago.

I know getting AM parts is sometimes slow. But 5 months??? I have called several times and they always say they don't know what's going on. It is somewhat pissing me off. The dealer (especially the sale guy) was great in the beginning of this transaction, but I am now wondering if they are just jerking me around until I just give up. Because everything went so well when I purchased the car this is really disappointing me.

Have I given them enough time given availability of AM parts? Also, the AM manager there does not respond to communications from me. I have sent emails/left voice mails (in the past) asking about other stuff and he doesn't respond.

Old 08-21-2014, 06:45 AM
zvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nice
is the AM of Atlanta? If so, Atlvantage a member here is a manager at the place. I'd be surprised as they were always great to deal with when I had my elise.

Originally Posted by rscultho
So I would like opinions on whether I am over-reacting.

When I purchased my DBS back in March, there was leather pulling on the dash panel on the driver side just behind the cowl, next to the winshield. I discovered the leather puling the next day after I drove the car home. The dealer agreed to repair the leather, but said they would order a new panel instead.

That was almost 5 months ago.

I know getting AM parts is sometimes slow. But 5 months??? I have called several times and they always say they don't know what's going on. It is somewhat pissing me off. The dealer (especially the sale guy) was great in the beginning of this transaction, but I am now wondering if they are just jerking me around until I just give up. Because everything went so well when I purchased the car this is really disappointing me.

Have I given them enough time given availability of AM parts? Also, the AM manager there does not respond to communications from me. I have sent emails/left voice mails (in the past) asking about other stuff and he doesn't respond.

Old 08-21-2014, 06:57 AM
mindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to all
Not sure if this will help or hurt, but I just had the AM dealer order a couple new pieces (leather around roll bars in the roadster and new piano black fascia) last week. I called yesterday and he said his estimate was that the pieces would be here in about 10 days. When I initially inquired, I was told it could take up to 6 weeks, so I am not sure how long to really expect.

In any case, I am in ATL as well and I know that some people from the dealer here do read this board. Maybe they will be able to respond directly?

Old 08-21-2014, 07:02 AM
Originally Posted by zvez
is the AM of Atlanta? If so, Atlvantage a member here is a manager at the place. I'd be surprised as they were always great to deal with when I had my elise.
Well, yes it is AM of Atlanta. I don't know who Atlvantage is.

A I said earlier, the service was great on the sale of the car. I have since had it in for a "warranty check". I have not had any mechanical issues with the car, and (of course) hope I do not.

Old 08-21-2014, 07:09 AM
zvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nice
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/member.php?u=92386

Originally Posted by rscultho
Well, yes it is AM of Atlanta. I don't know who Atlvantage is.

A I said earlier, the service was great on the sale of the car. I have since had it in for a "warranty check". I have not had any mechanical issues with the car, and (of course) hope I do not.

Old 08-21-2014, 07:20 AM
Originally Posted by mindscape9
Not sure if this will help or hurt, but I just had the AM dealer order a couple new pieces (leather around roll bars in the roadster and new piano black fascia) last week. I called yesterday and he said his estimate was that the pieces would be here in about 10 days. When I initially inquired, I was told it could take up to 6 weeks, so I am not sure how long to really expect.

In any case, I am in ATL as well and I know that some people from the dealer here do read this board. Maybe they will be able to respond directly?
Yea, I was originally told 8 to 12 weeks. That's obviously not been the case.

Old 08-21-2014, 07:32 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
I can't imagine a reason for a 5-month delay. I don't have any inside knowledge of AM's supply for that part, but the lack of communication is definitely a cause for concern.

Did you get the promise of repair/replacement in writing? I would hope you wouldn't have to for something as small as a that - these dealerships function largely on relationships and going back on a promise, even if just word of mouth, generally does more harm than good when word spreads.

Hopefully it gets resolved soon!

Old 08-21-2014, 07:38 AM
Originally Posted by telum01
I can't imagine a reason for a 5-month delay. I don't have any inside knowledge of AM's supply for that part, but the lack of communication is definitely a cause for concern.

Did you get the promise of repair/replacement in writing? I would hope you wouldn't have to for something as small as a that - these dealerships function largely on relationships and going back on a promise, even if just word of mouth, generally does more harm than good when word spreads.

Hopefully it gets resolved soon!
I worked it out with the sales guy that helped me with the purchase. It was a verbal agreement, but that part (so far) has not been contested. I just can't get any info beyond "yea, we'll check on it". And then I never hear anything.

The last time I spoke to the SA I told her that I'd like to know *something*, even if it is "we're not going to get the part for you".

Old 08-21-2014, 07:44 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
The only reason I can imagine for the delay is the fact that for the past few months the factory has been running both assembly lines at full speed to build as many Vantages as possible for the US market before the August 31 deadline. Just a guess and not an excuse.

I hope you get it resolved. If not, most automotive trim shops should be able to fix this for you. See if the dealer can refer you to someone locally and cover the cost in light of your patience in getting this resolved.

Last edited by karlfranz; 08-21-2014 at 07:47 AM.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:38 AM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
You need to escalate it to dealer principal or AM's NA rep
They are obviously not taking their commitment to you seriously
Dealers shouldn't be tainting the brand with customer experiences like this

Old 08-21-2014, 11:10 AM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
There's no excuse for this lack of customer service, especially for a brand like AM. It's not like they're inundated with work all day long to not be able to answer an email or call.

Old 08-21-2014, 02:33 PM
WG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura aboutWG_moots has a spectacular aura about
I had a similar leather issue when I bought by first Vantage. The BMW dealership where I bought it at had a replacement part in less than 7 days. They are jerking your around. I agree with Mikey_K, escalate the issue.

Old 08-22-2014, 04:29 AM
Many thanks for all the feedback. I am used to a higher level of customer service having had Jags for so many years. I wanted to make sure I was not expecting more from AM than I should and balance my expectations accordingly.

So, I got an email yesterday saying that they now have the panel?!?! I did not ask why it showed up so suddenly, but was told by the SA that the part had been buried in the bottom of a box and was simply missed. I did not ask how long it had been sitting in the box.

I hate coming to odds with a business over expectations. I always want to make sure I am not in an "entitlement" frame of mind; asking for more than I should. I did not pay $264K for the car, so I am not quite sure how much "service" the dealer feels I should be receiving. Sometimes when you have differences with a business that you will have to engage in the future, the relationship can be tenuous going forward. With AM I do not have the luxury of just going to a new dealer - they are it.

Old 08-22-2014, 06:20 AM
atlvantage is on a distinguished road
I am on it.

Old 08-22-2014, 09:33 AM
atlvantage is on a distinguished road
Rscultho,
You will have heard from our new service manager by now. The contacts you had at the store are both gone now. Our new service manager is fantastic but had not heard of your issue previously. Your salesperson is also gone. These changes played a big role in the lack of contact. As a member of the dealer network let me assure you that we hold ourselves to the highest standards when it comes to our clients. It doesn't matter if you bought a $325k Vanquish or a $45k Vantage. If you are a part of our Aston Martin family we want you to be thrilled with both your car and our services to you.
Thanks,
Atlvantage

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Opinions please...dealer is not fulfilling their promise...