Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Drove the Huracán on the track

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 09:02 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Thumbs up Drove the Huracán on the track

Amazing car. Much more powerful than the Vantage and amazing amount of grip even though the track was slightly damp. The car feels more brutal where the Aston is more classy. Both sound amazing but completely different. The dual clutch is lightning fast and smooth—exactly what Aston needs instead if a SportShift for those who want paddle shifting instead of a manual.

We were told we were the first in the US to drive the car here in the US as deliveries won't begin until the end of the month. Would definitely own one if I could.

I've also been driving a C7 for the last couple of days. Definitely a fast car, but the build quality is what you would expect for that price level. And the sound reminds me of a pickup truck, not refined or smooth. It's an automatic with paddle shift and I can never tell what gear it wants to be in. Nice looking car and a deal for the price but it feels more like something I would get as a daily driver instead of something special.

Old 09-05-2014, 09:30 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
How was the Huracan at low speeds? The dealbreaker for me with the Gallardo was low-speed drivability was horrendous.

Old 09-05-2014, 09:37 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Just a beautiful car. I've never really cared for Lambo styling before.

Old 09-05-2014, 09:54 AM
midwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud ofmidwestamv8 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by deckman
Just a beautiful car. I've never really cared for Lambo styling before.
Classic? Or since they've been owned by Audi?

Gotta love the Miura...

Click image for larger version

Name:	yppItWX.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	543433

Old 09-05-2014, 10:11 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Did you feel like it understeered? In this video below, the reviewer said the understeer was pretty bad. Beautiful car though. Too small for me!

"It understeers a lot or massive amounts, depending upon how hard you try."

Old 09-05-2014, 10:20 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Wow that's a pretty harsh review of the steering, and really unfortunate for the Huracan.

Old 09-05-2014, 10:39 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by telum01
How was the Huracan at low speeds? The dealbreaker for me with the Gallardo was low-speed drivability was horrendous.
What is this "low speed" thing you speak of?

Old 09-05-2014, 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by karlfranz
What is this "low speed" thing you speak of?
fair point!

I drove a Gallardo while my V8V was getting serviced at the dealership in Atlanta. On the streets of Atlanta I wasn't too fond of it, and parking it was a bear. Opening it up when I could was great. But under 40mph it wasn't enjoyable.

Old 09-05-2014, 10:48 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
From what I understand, the transmissions in the early Gallardos were bad, especially at lower speeds. I'm sure the Huracan's double clutch fixed all the negatives.

Old 09-05-2014, 10:55 AM
FWIW I'm a pretty novice driver, so the understeer is probably a welcome thing to keep me from spinning the car. I was surprised at how much I was cranking steering input at high speeds and the car just stuck to the track. All the cars had the variable steering ratio option, but I drove the whole time in Corsa mode where the steering ratio is constant irrespective of speed.

The only time I drove slowly was coming back into the pits and it didn't seem like it was a problem. I can't say the same for when I drove the V12VS on the same track. Going slowly in "D" mode in that car was a joke. With the added weight of my helmet, my head felt like a slow-motion bobble-head during shifts. The Huracán just felt like a normal automatic under similar circumstances.

Last edited by karlfranz; 09-05-2014 at 10:57 AM.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:56 PM
Slightly OT: If anyone in the DC area wants to see one, there's going to be a Huracan at Katie's C&C tomorrow morning.

Old 09-05-2014, 01:11 PM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
I'm glad Telum asked about low speed. I've said it before, saying it again, why must the measure of these cars be primarily based on track experience?

These (Aston, Lambo, etc.) are road cars built for driving on the roads. Driving involves stoplights, speed bumps, driveways, and all manner of other things usually happening under 50 mph and not ever included in track driving.

I don't know if any Aston Martin is better as a DD or a road driving car than any other exotic. I just wish reviews would put more focus on all exotics as actual road cars.

Old 09-05-2014, 01:46 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by telum01
Slightly OT: If anyone in the DC area wants to see one, there's going to be a Huracan at Katie's C&C tomorrow morning.
It likely will be this one, but just a guess

Old 09-05-2014, 01:54 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
^
|
|

You'd have to be one massive tool be seen driving around in that.

Old 09-05-2014, 02:26 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
^
|
|

You'd have to be one massive tool be seen driving around in that.
Hey I didn't buy it, just took those shots. https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...es/smLach2.gif

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Drove the Huracán on the track