Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Winter Project.... Glass Switches, Piano Black Stereo Surround and Gear Surround....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 10:29 AM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by IbisRider
Ah, Phantom Grey with colorful stitching, a severely under appreciated combination. Mine's coarse Red on Phantom and I love it.
The red was the other option, but I went with yellow stitching because of the yellow brake calipers.

That is a brilliant interior and some gloss black will be nice. But won't it be a bit odd next to the carbon slope? Seems like it should be one or the other since the carbon is already another shade of grey. Have you considered going Piano Black down the entire center? I'm sure you could keep (for resale) or sell off the carbon slope you have now.
I've had a moment to think about this, and I'm not to comfortable with the logistics of getting the stereo and gear shift surrounds redone in carbon. So I decided to go with the piano black, which doesn't look odd next to the carbon slope.

The glass switches will be wonderful in there. I hate that, even as recent as your car, Aston wasn't spec'ing the glass as standard equipment in the Vantage. To finish the job, you really should hit Karl up for a "how to" and get the metal seat controls too.
The glass switches was an oversight, and I was misinformed about the glass switch by another salesman as to the availability of glass switches in a manual car.

I have loads of other wonderful suggestions for spending your time and money, just ask.
Suggestions are welcome. I may not have a whole bunch of money, but I've got time!

Last edited by terminal_ac; 11-01-2014 at 11:53 AM.
Old 11-01-2014, 11:53 AM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
It's decided. I'll redo the center dash in all carbon fiber (matte finish).

Old 11-01-2014, 01:47 PM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
beautiful, love the yellow stitching. Yellow is my favorite color, looks good on everything

Old 11-01-2014, 05:01 PM
anton28 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by terminal_ac
It's decided. I'll redo the center dash in all carbon fiber (matte finish).
Great choice! Where are you going to source the carbon parts from?

Old 11-01-2014, 05:03 PM
Silly question. Are the center dash parts on the db9/s and vantage interchangeable? They look identical in size.

Old 11-01-2014, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by anton28
Silly question. Are the center dash parts on the db9/s and vantage interchangeable? They look identical in size.

Yes they are.

Great choice! Where are you going to source the carbon parts from?

The gear surround support and the stereo surround will come from Aston Martin, but they will be re-laminated by a third party.

I'll PM you with the source.

Old 11-01-2014, 06:09 PM
Yes they are.

The gear surround support and the stereo surround will come from Aston Martin, but they will be re-laminated by a third party.

I'll PM you with the source.
There's a vendor that has vantage carbon parts. Is it safe to say that they will fit my DBS? Sounds like a yes from your answer above?.....

Old 11-01-2014, 06:43 PM
There's a vendor that has vantage carbon parts. Is it safe to say that they will fit my DBS? Sounds like a yes from your answer above?.....

Yes, they will fit, but do make sure to check model year for compatibility.

Old 11-02-2014, 01:01 AM
Yes, they will fit, but do make sure to check model year for compatibility.

Good to know!