Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Where to service my 2007 Vantage in So Cal?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 11:36 AM
ab_aston is a glorious beacon of lightab_aston is a glorious beacon of lightab_aston is a glorious beacon of lightab_aston is a glorious beacon of lightab_aston is a glorious beacon of light
Where to service my 2007 Vantage in So Cal?

I bought a used 2007 Vantage and it's time for it to be serviced.

My 2 close choices are Aston of Newport Beach and Raging Bull Performance. I'm looking for any anecdotes from folks that have taken their cars to either. Good and bad for both.

My car is not under warranty so I'm weighing dealer vs independent.

I do have to have a keys reprogrammed and was told that official dealers are the only ones that can do that work. Sounds like just about everything else the independents can do - is that correct?

I also bought brake pads and am going to give that job a shot myself - seems easy enough thanks to all the info you all have posted here.

Old 11-19-2014, 08:38 PM
Hedged is a jewel in the roughHedged is a jewel in the roughHedged is a jewel in the rough
Can't comment on service or other aspects of the dealership but I did have a good experience with James *** in Newport Aston's sales dept. I dropped by on my way to San Diego with family in tow, just to see the inventory and talk shop. He took the time on a busy Saturday and was clearly an Aston enthusiast as much as a sales guy. I also have to believe the OC has some indies worth dealing with, and would be interested in what you discover.

Old 11-19-2014, 08:59 PM
brianw is on a distinguished road
ordered one ignition unit from Newport Aston.. havent heard from them for 2month.. I dont know if it is normal thing...

Old 11-19-2014, 10:36 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ab_aston
I bought a used 2007 Vantage and it's time for it to be serviced.

My 2 close choices are Aston of Newport Beach and Raging Bull Performance. I'm looking for any anecdotes from folks that have taken their cars to either. Good and bad for both.

My car is not under warranty so I'm weighing dealer vs independent.

I do have to have a keys reprogrammed and was told that official dealers are the only ones that can do that work. Sounds like just about everything else the independents can do - is that correct?

I also bought brake pads and am going to give that job a shot myself - seems easy enough thanks to all the info you all have posted here.
If you're willing to make the trip, New Tickford Street Service in San Diego is absolutely A1. John Ryan is a factory trained AM technician with a decade of main dealer experience but running his own independent shop.

Absolutely class act and an old fashioned gentleman who goes the extra mile. Can't say enough good stuff about him, never heard a single complaint in many years.

http://newtickfordstservice.com/

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 11-20-2014, 11:09 PM
mfrankel is on a distinguished road
Raging Bull

I've been a client of Frank at Raging Bull for about 4 years. Half the cost of the Dealership & AM trained (formerly of Galpin).
My work there: Normal maintenance, exhaust, radar system install, sound system fix & custom gearbox hoses built.
Fellow owner had his engine rebuilt & retuned so they can do the major stuff too.
Primarily a Lamborghini shop, but always a few F cars & AM's.

Raging Bull or otherwise, if you only need maintenance, what a great opportunity to try an exotic indy shop with a trained AM technician.

Old 12-09-2014, 11:21 PM
plastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
If you're willing to make the trip, New Tickford Street Service in San Diego is absolutely A1. John Ryan is a factory trained AM technician with a decade of main dealer experience but running his own independent shop.

Absolutely class act and an old fashioned gentleman who goes the extra mile. Can't say enough good stuff about him, never heard a single complaint in many years.

http://newtickfordstservice.com/
I second New Tickford...had my old DBS serviced there. Stellar service!

Someone also mentioned James *** in NewportBeach...he sold me my V12VS. He made the process easy and seamless. Great sales person!

Old 11-16-2018, 01:42 AM
lovingit is on a distinguished road
Is Raging Bull the only Indy shop for Aston in OC?

Old 11-16-2018, 06:53 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
There is several shops that would work on it, depending upon what you need. Basic fluid/filter changes anyone could do it. If you need diagnostic or specific item of repair that requires dealer equipment, your going to have to inquire if they have a AM diagnostic computer. Sometimes a dealer trip is best for a repair. If your handy you can do several things to cut ownership costs.