Go Back  6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource > British > Aston Martin
Reload this Page >

My Transformation, In Progress: Vinyl Wrap, Forged Wheels & More

Notices
Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

My Transformation, In Progress: Vinyl Wrap, Forged Wheels & More

Old 12-12-2014, 10:48 AM
Ellipsis is on a distinguished road
Found three more pics of my car from social media:

Old 12-12-2014, 10:52 AM
Thumbs up

And to make things more exciting, I just received my wheels from Brixton! Blown away by the quality. I've owned 2 and 3 piece wheels before (volk/work) but I've never had a Monoblock. No seams or rough edges, just perfection.

I'm honestly at a loss for words. Color is called Anodized Bronze II. It almost looks black in shadows but turns to a nice bronze color in the light. The wheel design compliments this finish so nicely!

Photos:

Old 12-12-2014, 10:59 AM
I should also mention i've weighed them and the fronts are around 22lbs and the rears are 23.

On a side note, they remind me of Mclaren P1 wheels!

Old 12-12-2014, 02:12 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Wow! Very cool love the color
Ron

Old 12-12-2014, 06:15 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
They look beautiful! Will the Aston Martin cap fit? When will you put them on?

Old 12-14-2014, 07:08 AM
Thanks! I believe the AM caps will fit (although they won't match my finish so I won't be doing that).

I'm hoping to get these mounted with tires in early January.

Right now leaning towards Michelin SS or Continental DW.

Old 12-14-2014, 08:35 PM
J doubleU is a glorious beacon of lightJ doubleU is a glorious beacon of lightJ doubleU is a glorious beacon of lightJ doubleU is a glorious beacon of lightJ doubleU is a glorious beacon of lightJ doubleU is a glorious beacon of light
Nice wheels, get them on with some pics.

Old 12-18-2014, 07:56 PM
sunir has a reputation beyond reputesunir has a reputation beyond reputesunir has a reputation beyond reputesunir has a reputation beyond reputesunir has a reputation beyond reputesunir has a reputation beyond reputesunir has a reputation beyond reputesunir has a reputation beyond reputesunir has a reputation beyond reputesunir has a reputation beyond reputesunir has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice car indeed. So you put the clear paint protection film on and then did the vinyl wrap right on top of that?

If you peel off the vinyl wrap won't it start yanking off the paint protection film also?

Old 12-19-2014, 07:35 AM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
Sunir, I wrapped my mirrors over the clear bra and took the wrap, you would be surprised how strongly the clear bra is attached.

After redoing my mirrors 6+ times, the clear bra finally came off when i yanked the wrap off. And the clear bra only came off because the paint under the clear bra came off. The clear bra was still attached to the paint.

Old 12-19-2014, 12:32 PM
telum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond reputetelum01 has a reputation beyond repute
Ellipsis - this is looking amazing! I can't wait to see the new wheels on. Those look like an excellent choice and I love the finish on them. And thanks for the pm, much appreciated!

Originally Posted by mkzhang View Post
Sunir, I wrapped my mirrors over the clear bra and took the wrap, you would be surprised how strongly the clear bra is attached.

After redoing my mirrors 6+ times, the clear bra finally came off when i yanked the wrap off. And the clear bra only came off because the paint under the clear bra came off. The clear bra was still attached to the paint.
Sunir's an F-car owner now. He's gotta worry about stuff like this with those flaky Italians

Old 12-19-2014, 04:39 PM
sunir has a reputation beyond reputesunir has a reputation beyond reputesunir has a reputation beyond reputesunir has a reputation beyond reputesunir has a reputation beyond reputesunir has a reputation beyond reputesunir has a reputation beyond reputesunir has a reputation beyond reputesunir has a reputation beyond reputesunir has a reputation beyond reputesunir has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ lol Rich I still haven't abandoned Aston though ...more to come on the stable soon....will post a thread on here at some point. Will text or call sometime tonight or tomorrow for the CnC and the FoW/Lambo event :-)

Old 01-12-2015, 12:18 PM
Just going to leave this here:

Old 01-12-2015, 03:21 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Nice

Old 01-12-2015, 09:24 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
Have you put your new wheels on yet?

Old 01-13-2015, 10:42 AM
N91K is on a distinguished road
Amazing pic!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Transformation, In Progress: Vinyl Wrap, Forged Wheels & More

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.