Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Need advice finding valuation...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 10:09 AM
zvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nice
that's a great link!

Originally Posted by mindscape9
When I was shopping for my Vantage, one resource I found was www.cargraph.com.

It shows historical prices for cars - has lots of makes and models, including 111 DBS.

Why is this a good resource? Because while you can look at current prices on Autotrader.com or other car listing sites, you usually can't see what a car was listed for after it sells. The one exception is ebay, where you can see completed listings, but as was mentioned earlier in the thread, ebay is only a fraction of the listings out there. For rare cars like ours, that limited subset was just not enough for me to feel good especially since price/ value can vary wildly based on condition/mileage/ geography, etc. Additionally, it shows everything in a nice neat table so it is easy to pop into excel, get averages, or do whatever kind of analysis you would like.

Check it out and if you have any questions, the guy Daniel that runs the site is great. Hopefully this is helpful!

Here is the listing for the DBS:
http://cargraph.com/usa/aston-martin/dbs

Old 12-05-2014, 10:45 AM
4pipes will become famous soon enough4pipes will become famous soon enough
That's a great resource. Do they send lots of spam if you log in?

Old 12-05-2014, 12:08 PM
RolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura about
I have had good luck with Autotrader where you price the car 'high-ish'... in line with a perfect example and let it sit a bit. I don't 'say' I lower the price, but I'll go in and drop it a bit every few weeks... still in the comfort zone. A couple weeks out... the phone will ring. Runs till it sells is somewhere around $79 and not a bad hook to have in the water.

Old 12-09-2014, 06:10 PM
mindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by 4pipes
That's a great resource. Do they send lots of spam if you log in?
Not at all! I have yet to get a piece of unsolicited email from them and it's been over 6 months. I would register with confidence.

Old 12-09-2014, 06:22 PM
RolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura about
AutoTrader is A+ in my book.... no spam