Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Db 10

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 08:45 AM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Vergis
I think I have noticed something that has hasn’t beenmentioned yet about the DB10. I think its amphibious.

There are no shut lines on the front bonnet (allowingsmoother flow of water over the bonnet perhaps) and the light cluster positionseems to be very low down the bonnet front (important for visibility purposesin deeper water).

Furthermore the rear diffuser extends very high up the rearbumper which could suggest some form of water propulsion in that area.

Its been a very long time since a Bond car has gone underwater.Last time it was the Lotus Espirit being driven by Roger Moore. Goingunderwater would be a change from the usual guns, bombs and crashes that accompanymost Bond car scenes.
Now THAT is a good explanation for that form language. Let's hope the design team is working on the terrestrial version.

Old 12-12-2014, 09:15 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
You're dreaming. They're not going to add ridiculous things to the car anymore; those days are long past in the new DC era. No more hokey JB.

Old 12-12-2014, 11:13 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
So the new Quartermaster is just going to make exploding pens and such? Boring!

I know as a kid, seeing an Esprit turn into a sub fueled my desire to own one (or several, actually) later in life.

Old 12-12-2014, 11:23 AM
RolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura about
Bond & DB10

I am equally disappointed with the looks of the new DB10 (Ftype rip off) as I am with the watering down of the Bond plots! Huge James Bond all along of course.

I don't want the corny stuff but you have to keep things in the Bond movies that make them Bond. If you look at the last release... you drop out the string of women he sleeps with, the cool gadgets, the wit, the cool car WITH Q branch mandatory mods... (they even had the nerve to destroy his trademark DB5... wtf?) and you are left with a disappointing knock off run of the mill action movie. I think the Bourne movies are now better...

Similar to be said for the DB10. Imagine paying $200k for a car with knock off looks? I can recall the years when the Jag & AM had far too much in common looks wise... seems like we are headed back there.

On an up note... Hopefully "The Kingsman" movie coming out soon fixes this glitch... Interesting to see what they drive.

Last edited by RolexDaytona1; 12-12-2014 at 01:39 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.