Db 10

Db 10

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	409089  
Old 12-04-2014, 05:15 AM
zvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nice
I like it. They're only building ten tho!

http://www.astonmartin.com/en/live/n...ar-for-spectre

Originally Posted by Durango
Db 10

Name:	DBten-web-news.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	306.3 KB
ID:	409094  
Old 12-04-2014, 05:37 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Db10

Looks more like a vantage replacement in some pictures sorta shorter appearing - I like the rear better, but not the front which looks more Nissan than Aston, possibly because of new bumper standards for pedestrian protection.

Old 12-04-2014, 06:21 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by zvez
I like it. They're only building ten tho!

http://www.astonmartin.com/en/live/n...ar-for-spectre
Too bad, I would be interested in one of those! Sounds like the other cars will borrow from the design aesthetic though, which is a good thing.

Old 12-04-2014, 07:11 AM
zuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to behold
This kinda confirms that the DB9 replacement will NOT be called the DB10, (if AM is really referring to this limited edition as the 10).
I wonder if this spells the end of the sequence. DB11 is clumsy to say, and - to follow AM's previous reasoning - DB12 implies 12 cylinders, which conflicts with our engine predictions.

Old 12-04-2014, 07:18 AM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
So the consensus is the DB replacement won't have 12 cylinders? Ashame if that's so.

Old 12-04-2014, 08:00 AM
Norman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really nice
It looks great but I'm not too sure about the headlights either.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/ne...5-spectre-film

Last edited by Norman75; 12-04-2014 at 08:04 AM.
Old 12-04-2014, 08:04 AM
ohTHATeric is infamous around these parts
Hmmmm . . . well, this is . . . "nice" but it doesn't grab me the way vintage or recent (pre-2014) Astons appeal to me. Moreover, it seems to squander the DB name. If it's a special, limited-run car, then give it a special name.

Further, Aston has a weird trend lately of building cars you can't buy which is a odd marketing strategy. I get that they have very limited R&D resources and really need a partner (i.e. Daimler) to continue in the future. And I get that the Bond thing is a marketing/advertising/branding exercise. But there's getting to be a disconnect between the branding and the cars they actually make (that you can actually buy, that is).

Aston is painting themselves into a smaller and smaller corner (i.e. extremely high-end, bespoke cars--this DB10, the recent Lagonda, the whole "Q" insanity . . . don't get me started on the "Q" thing). That's fine to go after that market BUT that market has insanely high expectations for performance, design, and technology. I'm not convinced that Aston has the resources to truly deliver all three of those elements.

Old 12-04-2014, 08:06 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
The headlights are pretty boring but at least they got the grille right! Not sure about the tails protruding so much - reminds me of Lexus looking from the front/side. From the rear, the tails look too much like the F-Type.

All in all, there's a LOT of influence from the One-77 and V12V Zagato.

Originally Posted by Racer_X
So the consensus is the DB replacement won't have 12 cylinders? Ashame if that's so.
Where'd that come from? All I've heard about the V12 is that it will continue to be developed as the top engine while the AMG engine becomes the "standard" engine in the next-gen V8V and DB9 replacement.

Originally Posted by ohTHATeric
Aston is painting themselves into a smaller and smaller corner (i.e. extremely high-end, bespoke cars--this DB10, the recent Lagonda, the whole "Q" insanity . . . don't get me started on the "Q" thing).
I kind of get what AML has been doing lately. Q demands an extremely high profit margin with little extra cost. Any AM can be ordered to a customer's specifications, and all Q does is add more options (pretty much anything, really) and add on a huge price increase for it. But because of the way AML is structured, specifically in manufacturing, I doubt there's a substantial increase in cost for building a car aside from a decreased economy of scale with specific materials (the cost of which is surely passed on to the customer). I'm willing to bet Q is a moneymaker for AML.

And the Lagonda Taraf has been in the works for years - since even before the new Vanquish was named. I saw a product plan diagram recently that was fairly old. On it, the current Vanq was only listed as "310" and the Lagonda was there as well, codenamed "Velvet". The Lagondas are being built in the facility used for the One-77, so they already had the manpower and manufacturing space for it.

Last edited by telum01; 12-04-2014 at 08:53 AM.
Old 12-04-2014, 08:21 AM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
The DB 10 is unveiled at about the 5 minute mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcCxX8HH4hc#t=13

Old 12-04-2014, 10:04 AM
Durango has a spectacular aura aboutDurango has a spectacular aura about
Db10

I feel sorry for the designers, how do you follow up the perfectly designed masterpiece that is the current Vantage?
Just think what the Mona Lisa would look like if they had to update it every year.

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	409102  
Old 12-04-2014, 10:17 AM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
I find it's a mix of F-Type-Vantage-Vette/Ferrari GTO, in that order. Rear is a F-Type, center body is Vanatge, front is Vette/GTO with a big grill..

Who knows, front is probably that low to act as a ramp to project cars through the air, center is a Vantage to make Bond feel at home in an Aston, rear is sharp on top to better glide through the water when submerged as a submarine..

What we do know is all these cars will be horrifically destroyed and Aston will probably try and beat their world record they hold for the most barrel rolls in a car!!

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9
Office: (1)250-485-5126
Email: Tuning@VelocityAP.com

www.velocityap.com

Old 12-04-2014, 10:34 AM
omegaSMP300 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by DonL
The DB 10 is unveiled at about the 5 minute mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcCxX8HH4hc#t=13
Thanks for the link! Very exciting. I think the car looks great and can't wait to see it in action in the movie (where it will inevitably be destroyed).

Old 12-04-2014, 10:35 AM
RolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura about
naming

Can't they make a DBL07 ..... and just get it over with..

-Bond

Old 12-04-2014, 11:03 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RolexDaytona1
Can't they make a DBL07 ..... and just get it over with..

-Bond

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.