Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Rainy day

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2014, 10:04 PM
ArtB is a jewel in the roughArtB is a jewel in the roughArtB is a jewel in the rough
Rainy day

Well, I had been planning some projects for the Aston for a few months, but with moving into the new house, things had been put on hold. I picked up a spare intake manifold a few weeks ago and decided since I had a free day with nothing to do, I would get it installed. Had it powdercoated Ferrari red to match the engine braces I did a while back. My fingers sure are sore from squeezing them into the spaces to remove bolts and things! Tomorrow will be spent retrieving the sockets and extensions that fell behind the engine, but that's standard procedure with this car! Started her up after I was done after I ensured nothing was missing and no unaccounted for bolts or nuts. Really a straighforward operation, hardest part is making sure the manifold gaskets line up since there are no studs on the heads for the intake manifold since it sits so close to the cowling.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Manifold.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	187.1 KB
ID:	409290   Click image for larger version

Name:	intakeoff.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	409291   Click image for larger version

Name:	intake1.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	409292   Click image for larger version

Name:	intake2.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	409293   Click image for larger version

Name:	intake4.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	409294  

Old 12-07-2014, 09:49 AM
zvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nice
very nice!

Old 12-07-2014, 11:00 AM
marioV8V is on a distinguished road
Great job ArtB! The red makes a nice contrast against the black paint on your Vantage, you just inspired me to paint my intake black like on the Vantage S.

Old 12-07-2014, 04:16 PM
ArtB is a jewel in the roughArtB is a jewel in the roughArtB is a jewel in the rough
Thanks guys! It really gives the engine some life unde the hood! Now she needs some boost! Always looking for something unique to enhance this gorgeous machine!

Old 12-08-2014, 06:28 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Wow, very brave of you to tackle that intake manifold. I've considered it and have no intention of removing it myself!

Old 12-08-2014, 08:07 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Its an Aston, not a Testarossa...

Old 12-08-2014, 11:03 AM
I have built many cars and engines, this was a pretty simple, albeit, tedious undertaking. The result in my opinion was worth it. As for it not being a Testerossa, you are absolutely correct! And exactly the reason I had it powder coated in a gloss color as opposed to a wrinkle finish as Ferrari used on the Testerossa! Axarunner, judging by your response, it doesn't suit your taste. If you would like to do yours in an Aston Martin color, I now have a spare intake manifold for sale if you are so inclined.

Old 12-08-2014, 11:07 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ArtB
I have built many cars and engines, this was a pretty simple, albeit, tedious undertaking. The result in my opinion was worth it. As for it not being a Testerossa, you are absolutely correct! And exactly the reason I had it powder coated in a gloss color as opposed to a wrinkle finish as Ferrari used on the Testerossa! Axarunner, judging by your response, it doesn't suit your taste. If you would like to do yours in an Aston Martin color, I now have a spare intake manifold for sale if you are so inclined.
Nicely stated... My intake manifold is black as its a Vantage S with 430 HP. But if I were to paint it I'd choose British Racing Green to go with my cars exterior!

Last edited by AXARUNNER; 12-08-2014 at 11:33 AM.
Old 12-08-2014, 11:24 AM
That would look fantastic!!!