Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Fuse Pull for Exhaust Bypass Valves

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 01:16 PM
forzasteve is on a distinguished road
Fuse Pull for Exhaust Bypass Valves

Hello All,

I am in need of some assistance ... ideally from some one in the Phoenix, AZ area who would like to work with me on a device to manually control the exhaust bypass valves.

I have developed a product for Camaro / Corvette that I am pretty certain will function with the Astons to allow the driver to open / close the exhaust valves manually ... overriding the ECU. Many people have already pulled the fuse and likely you have left it out ... which means the exhaust bypass valves are always open.

I am seeking an Aston owner who would like to work with me to receive a complimentary controller device which would allow you open / close the exhaust bypass at will. Open when you want them open ... closed when you want them closed. This is not an unique function and others have construction switches or adapted an existing product for the task. I want to make sure it is specific for the Aston Martin and not an adaptation.

This will be 100% plug and play and 100% reversible. Again no cost to you.

You can post your reply here or send me a PM.

Best regards,

Steve

Old 03-07-2015, 01:40 PM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
Old 03-07-2015, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by yvr
I am aware that Mild2Wild has been adapted to perform this function. My goal is to improve on Mild2Wild. Just need some help from someone. Not unlike the person who first ventured and adapted the Mild2Wild ...

If I had an AM Vantage or DB, I would do it myself, buy alas, I do not.

Regards,

Steve

Old 03-08-2015, 07:52 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by forzasteve
I am aware that Mild2Wild has been adapted to perform this function. My goal is to improve on Mild2Wild. Just need some help from someone. Not unlike the person who first ventured and adapted the Mild2Wild ...

If I had an AM Vantage or DB, I would do it myself, buy alas, I do not.

Regards,

Steve
If you continue reading through that thread, you will see that many of us are already using the Logisys remote relay available from Amazon for under $20US:
link here link here
. We have the homelink mirror programmed to switch the valves open or closed. So, what do you have in mind that would improve on this low-income cost solution?

Old 03-08-2015, 08:24 AM
Originally Posted by karlfranz
If you continue reading through that thread, you will see that many of us are already using the Logisys remote relay available from Amazon for under $20US: link here. We have the homelink mirror programmed to switch the valves open or closed. So, what do you have in mind that would improve on this low-income cost solution?
I saw that. As you probably know those of you who are using the Mild 2 Wild device are using the Logisys as well ... but you paid $90 for it instead of less than $20. Mild 2 Wild is merely a reseller of Logisys.

The Logisys device is not a particularly high quality device. The enclosure is very inexpensive and thin consumer grade plastic. The strain relief on the wires is only a small piece of heat shrink tubing. The antenna is an external dangling wire that can be easily broken. This is not the device that Aston Martin would have made.

What I want to do is to improve on the quality and have a complete plug and play device that will allow the use of either a remote transmitter control like the Logyis or a manual On/Off switch control. Combining both in a single device to give the AM owner a choice. My goal is to have it in a package that will not require the AM owner any tools or knowledge of electrical circuits. I realize that most people who read these forums will typically not be intimidated with installing a Logiys device.

Bottom line, I am not asking for any investment. A person who gives me some assistance will receive a high quality device that will enable control of the exhaust bypass valves using either a remote transmitter or a manual on/off switch. There will be no cost involved. Just looking for some help.

Regards,

Steve

Last edited by forzasteve; 03-08-2015 at 08:43 AM.
Old 03-08-2015, 10:23 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I would love to help you but I'm in Minneapolis

Old 03-08-2015, 12:18 PM
Hi,

I have sent you a PM.

Thanks,

Steve

Old 05-05-2016, 08:35 AM
Adrian928 is on a distinguished road
Anyone with a bit of electrical chops should be able to install the proper switch in-line with #22 in order to allow fuse on/off control. No..?

Old 05-05-2016, 08:55 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
I believe it's been done by a few people. Yeah, you can definitely do it - it's just a matter of tapping into that wire and running new wire all the way to the cabin and back. The fusebox for that fuse is at the rear of the trunk, right above the exhaust. So you have to run a wire from the rear of the car, to the cabin, back to the rear of the car.

Old 05-05-2016, 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by Adrian928
Anyone with a bit of electrical chops should be able to install the proper switch in-line with #22 in order to allow fuse on/off control. No..?
As telum stated, easy to do, but you have to run two long wires from fuse block to cabin and back. For not a lot of money, you get the convenience of a remote RF transmitter with the Forza exhaust controller.

Steve

Last edited by telum01; 05-05-2016 at 12:14 PM.
Old 05-05-2016, 11:47 AM
Batman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura about
Steve,
I haven't seen the Forza unit before, and the like you posted goes to a non-item.

Is it similar to the Mild to Wild unit most Vette owners have been using?
Thanks

Old 05-05-2016, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by Batman-76
Steve,
I haven't seen the Forza unit before, and the like you posted goes to a non-item.

Is it similar to the Mild to Wild unit most Vette owners have been using?
Thanks
Hi Batman,

Yes, similar but better quality and provides function to allow either remote transmitter use or can hard wire to a manual switch if prefer.

I fixed the link so now goes to a valid URL.

Steve

Old 05-05-2016, 12:15 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Per forum rules, please don't post active links to non-sponsor vendors