Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Ugh! What a day!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 10:44 PM
EspritNOOB has a spectacular aura aboutEspritNOOB has a spectacular aura aboutEspritNOOB has a spectacular aura about
For what it's worth your car is beautiful. Sorry for the drama but man it is just sexy!

Old 04-27-2015, 01:50 AM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
The lawyer is an ****
The tow guys actually could have been a LOT worse
I'm glad this muppetry is illegal in the UK

Old 04-27-2015, 05:03 AM
oo7
oo7 will become famous soon enoughoo7 will become famous soon enough
Thanks for posting. Wreckers did not used to tow "exotics". Times they are a changing. Kudos for staying calm, and it certainly does look good even behind a wrecker.

Old 04-27-2015, 07:42 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Glad everything turned out alright! My day was nearly as eventful... I accidentally drove straight up to the Baltimore protests on the way back from the charity car show events I did on Saturday. Some of the protesters started beating on the truck in front of me an I barely got out of there before they turned their attention on me.

Old 04-27-2015, 07:57 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Yikes!

Old 04-27-2015, 08:17 AM
EspritNOOB has a spectacular aura aboutEspritNOOB has a spectacular aura aboutEspritNOOB has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by telum01
Glad everything turned out alright! My day was nearly as eventful... I accidentally drove straight up to the Baltimore protests on the way back from the charity car show events I did on Saturday. Some of the protesters started beating on the truck in front of me an I barely got out of there before they turned their attention on me.
What the?

Old 04-27-2015, 10:12 AM
RolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura about
WOW that was oddly enough 'lucky' you managed to 'escape' with the car unscathed. I am always paranoid about parking spaces that look too good and thinking well would they really tow? Yes they will just out of spite it appears. And maybe not as nicely. Glad the car is safe!! Also reminds us how crazy easy it is to skate off with your car... regardless of wheels turned, ebrake whatever... Probably took him less than 5min to hook up!

Old 04-27-2015, 08:21 PM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by mikey k
I'm glad this muppetry is illegal in the UK
Towing is illegal? Please explain.

Old 04-28-2015, 02:15 PM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
Originally Posted by IbisRider
Towing is illegal? Please explain.
In the UK private land owners cannot just tow a car on their land
They must have notices up warning of fines and/or towing
Those that do tend to clamp them until a fine is paid
Too many rogue operates jumped on this and now it is highly regulated

Old 04-28-2015, 02:37 PM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by mikey k
In the UK private land owners cannot just tow a car on their land
They must have notices up warning of fines and/or towing
Those that do tend to clamp them until a fine is paid
Too many rogue operates jumped on this and now it is highly regulated
FWIW: I think this is true in the States as well. Karl can verify, but I suspect the lot he was towed from had a sign warning of towing. Seems though that a sort of squatter's rights (public path too) concept should kick in here. If people have been using that lot for X period of time on weekends when parking there in no way infringes on the business of the landholder, then suddenly enforcing the right to tow seems like a violation. Given the free time, i'd love to take that landlord to court. If you haven't been enforcing your private property boundary, you can't suddenly enforce it with no reasonable warning.

Old 05-05-2016, 07:43 AM
Adrian928 is on a distinguished road
dicktahoe...Don't feel bad. I was visiting with a friend several years ago who was in a "transitional" period and living in a trailer park. I stopped by to lend support & several six's of Lone Star. When I started the 928 up I instantly knew something was afoot. It seems someone ultimately disappointed with THEIR life has filled the crankcase, radiator & fuel cell with rice. $3,000 + tow later, all was sorted-out.

Old 05-05-2016, 11:05 AM
Old phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the rough
+1 on the Karma.

As I've been on the receiving side of quite a few 'adults' acting out I've learned that venting on a employee that's just doing his job gets you nowhere and pisses them off.

Currently have some guys pulling wires and programming a new audio/video distribution system in a building. They're a week behind but it's because parts were backordered. I'm the go between with my Pissed boss and the poor guys at the site.

Old 05-05-2016, 11:19 AM
Wildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of lightWildcat1212 is a glorious beacon of light
Karl

If you get back at that whistle blower, its still Karma.
His Bad Karma coming back to bite his in his a** lol.
Sorry you have to go through it , what happened to that pile of CASH you had in your car trunk??