Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Whats up with Vanqish pricing?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 03:13 PM
slimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud of
The higher the price of the cars, the bigger the drop in the first 2 to 3 years. 10 years ago, not many cars were prices in the 300 range. The secondary market can't pay the higher prices, so hence the big drop from new. Usually 50 % drop within the first 3 years and then it flattens out.

Old 04-27-2015, 03:34 PM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Say what you want but the British cars seem to depreciate faster than any other exotic brand. The only one that comes close and might be equal is Maserati.

They are great cars but never buy new unless you are looking to write off a loss.

Old 04-27-2015, 03:48 PM
cab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud of
First and foremost, I love Astons and wouldn't mind owning one.

Now, with all due respect to current owners, what market/league do Astons compete against? porsches? ferraris? Lambos? And what is its market share Within? Its intended market, along with the supply and demand in this market, will also affect how steep the depreciation would be.

Much like the IPhone, a new PC, laptop, etc., there's a steep price to have the latest and greatest AND be the first one to have it. And as we all know, after a very short time, the actual value is crazily below the original price.

On a smaller scale, it reminded me the Nissan 370Z where it did not know what market it belongs to; thus affecting its current low demand, low popularity, etc.

Old 04-27-2015, 04:50 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RossL
<snip>They are great cars but never buy new unless you are looking to write off a loss.
…or want to spec your own.

Old 04-27-2015, 06:03 PM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by karlfranz
…or want to spec your own.
This

Old 04-27-2015, 06:30 PM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by rohnin
This
And also if you intend to keep it for a long while (not sure how long that is, 10 years?).

Old 04-29-2015, 08:02 PM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
I searched for 3 years for a particular color, option combination in a used car. I could never find it. The hell with depreciation. For the most part, the car is precisely how I want it.

Old 04-29-2015, 08:10 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Same here. If you want a black, gray or silver car with a black interior there are plenty of choices. Other color combos, not so much.

Old 04-29-2015, 09:10 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
I may be wrong, but I think that, if you spec your own car exactly how you like it, you're more likely to keep it much longer.

I didn't want another "dealer spec" Tungsten Aston with Obsidian leather. My dealer seems to have at least 2 or 3 of these in stock at any given time. Screw depreciation. I wanted my next Aston to be unique, hence why I bought new. Did this with my Esprit S4s back in 1995 as well and, 20 years and 95K miles later, I still own it.

Old 04-30-2015, 05:15 AM
RDH
RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !
Say what you want but the British cars seem to depreciate faster than any other exotic brand. The only one that comes close and might be equal is Maserati.

They are great cars but never buy new unless you are looking to write off a loss.
This....I spec'd out the Mclaren when it 1st hit our shores...right at the front of the line...little over 300k...got out of the car (luckily) at 205 about 1 year later...Vanquish is a beautiful car but let someone else take the big hit....oh...side note...picked up a rare 1994 porsche 3.6 turbo and have since made every penny back ....

Old 04-30-2015, 06:02 AM
CPB
CPB will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by karlfranz
I may be wrong, but I think that, if you spec your own car exactly how you like it, you're more likely to keep it much longer.

I didn't want another "dealer spec" Tungsten Aston with Obsidian leather. My dealer seems to have at least 2 or 3 of these in stock at any given time. Screw depreciation. I wanted my next Aston to be unique, hence why I bought new. Did this with my Esprit S4s back in 1995 as well and, 20 years and 95K miles later, I still own it.

No need to defend your reasons for buying new KF. Depreciation can be steep, but if it were not for the new buyers, all these "I never buy new" smug types wouldn't have these 2-3 year old cars to buy. They should be thanking you.

Old 04-30-2015, 09:16 AM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
"Smug types" really?

Just to be crystal clear since you decided to paraphrase, incorrectly, what I wrote. I didn't say "never buy new", I said never buy new British cars unless you are looking to write off a loss. I have bought plenty of new cars and currently have 2 in my garage. Neither of them are British because I personally don't like throwing away money like that. I prefer buying to minimize loss so I shop accordingly. My GT3 is new and my GT3 RS will be new because history shows they do very well in the used market. Aston, McLaren, Jaguar, and Land Rover on the other hand do not do well on their mass market cars (the P1 is not mass market).

Old 04-30-2015, 11:34 AM
jcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to behold
I do feel smug sometimes when I buy a slightly used car so much below MSRP...like my Vantage!

Old 04-30-2015, 12:15 PM
CPB
CPB will become famous soon enough
"Smug types" really?

Just bustin' ***** a bit Ross. Not being serious. Should have included a or a

Old 04-30-2015, 12:41 PM
anton28 will become famous soon enough
It's each is own guys. We are all individuals with own ideas and wallet sizes. To some 100k loss in 12 months is unthinkable, to others it's like looking 10bucks. There's nothing wrong with buying new or used. It's simply ones preference and ability or wanting to pay.

I was mearly taken back to see that a brand new 325k car can drop 125k+ in just one model year.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Whats up with Vanqish pricing?