Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Who's TPMS Light Is On?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 08:26 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
I'll be sending the module I have on-hand to mkzhang today. It was made for my car and he's got the same model and year as me so this will be an easy comparison. Updates to follow!

Originally Posted by Scotty4300
This is how I isolated the TPMS on my 2008 V8V.
I seem to have collected lots of computer cables which come with laptops and printers. This one has a USB plug one end and a shielded 4 flat pin plug other end.
Cut off the 4 pin plug with about 3 inches of cable.
Remove the metal shield back to the plastic exposing the 4 flat pins.
Cut off one outside pin.
Expose the ends of the wires in the 3 inch cable-and with a meter establish which wires connect to the 3 remaining pins and solder them together.
Seperate the white plug at the TPMS module.On the car side there are 4 wires--Black White Red and Blue/Red.
White and Red are the monitor wires and Black is earth.By connecting White and Red to Earth we make the system think that all is well!Plug the false male into the female socket making sure that you are leaving the Blue /Red power cable unused.The pin spacing is slightly different but it will fit--I put some tape around the connection just to secure.
Voila! TPMS sends no more annoying signals to your dash.And the system can be returned to OEM at any time.
This is 100% reversible and doesn't require cutting or splicing or anything of that nature, which is not an option for most owners.

Old 07-07-2015, 06:39 PM
Durango has a spectacular aura aboutDurango has a spectacular aura about
Old 07-09-2015, 12:15 PM
MRY
MRY is on a distinguished road
I have disconnected the Smartire TPMS module when mounting the aftermarket wheels w/o TPMS, and reconnect when mounting the stock wheels.

No issues with the light.

I hear that this is only possible with some Smartire equipped cars though..

Old 07-09-2015, 12:38 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MRY
I have disconnected the Smartire TPMS module when mounting the aftermarket wheels w/o TPMS, and reconnect when mounting the stock wheels.

No issues with the light.

I hear that this is only possible with some Smartire equipped cars though..
I think it comes down to system status at the time the module is disconnected.

My TPMS light was on before I disconnected it, and it stayed on after disconnecting. I tried splicing wires (heard that works - didn't for me), reverted back to the original wiring config, still on. A local tech made a wiring insert that can be plugged in to trick the system. We fiddled with it a bit (unplug, turn off, plug in, turn on, try different step combinations, etc) and eventually it shut off. Unplugged the insert and left the module unplugged, and the TPMS light has stayed off ever since.

I sent it to mkzhang and he went through the same thing and got it to work, too. He also pulled it out and left everything unplugged, haven't heard him say his TPMS light has returned.

From what I've seen, if you don't have a TPMS light active when disconnecting, it will not appear due to the module being unplugged.

Old 07-09-2015, 03:32 PM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
Mine is still off and I dont miss it one bit

Old 07-14-2015, 10:22 AM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
I don't remember the year, 2006 or 2007..not sure but explained on another post. Aston changed the wiring to the module, one had 4 wires and the other had 3 wires..4 wires you can disconnect and the dash doesn't know, the 3 wire loops back to the dash and turns on the fault light and msg...I've never cut the loop wire and don't konw if the config file it setup for the 3 wire tpms unit. I have fitted a switch to vehicles to set the module into programming mode which turns off the light, flick the switch back and tpms is back to life.

Old 12-07-2017, 09:10 AM
lilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud of
Going to bump an old thread

I do not want to use the tpms delete fix as I'd like my Smarttire system operational

We have verified that all 4 of my TPMS sensors are functional at the tire shop

However, none of the lights are showing up on the Smarttire module under the glovebox

yet I am getting tpms lights - AM dealer verified tire pressure were right

is there a fuse powering the module - if so where? I think my module is operational as it was working just last week - I changed out all the interior lights to leds and blew that fuse, Im thinking maybe if this system is fused I mightve blown that as well

Any idea what (if) fuse is powering this module? Some threads on Pistonheads indicates it is fused, some do not - would like a straight answer so if someone else searches like me, they'll have one!

Old 12-07-2017, 10:49 AM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Have no idea, how this tire shop can verify these smartire sensors. There's no aftermarket diagnostic tool that can ping the sensors and read back the data. So how did they verify the operating condition?

The lights on the SmarTire TPMS module indicate a fault color and position of sensor on vehicle, look at the owners manual and you will be able to diagnose what the tpms module is trying to inform. If you don't have the manual, there's numerous posts by others and myself explaining the TPMS module and colors of LED's.

You want to know if you blew a fuse for the tpms module but yet it has lights flashing? Well if lights are flashing..that means it has power. It only has ignition voltage.

Although if you want to check the TPMS module fuse, it's also in the owners manual, has quite a bit of information in that handy book. :-)

Page 11.57 shows in the CEM (cabin) fuse box as #54 10amp. If this fuse was blown though, you would have waaay more issues than tpms not working.

I've written quite a numerous amount of tpms posts explaining all the odds and ends. If you've driven the car to do a re-sync of a already programmed sensor, and the module shows no comms to X sensor...it's a dealer visit to diagnose/program

Old 12-07-2017, 03:21 PM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Irish, The colors seem to have faded on the tire valves of my 2007. Are these dealer items?

Old 12-27-2017, 01:04 PM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
My TPMS started complaining when it started to get colder in Florida (when 65 at night is considered cold).
I wasn't thinking much since all cars complain and I usually just need to reset the TPMS system after verifying the pressure.

I tested the pressure and all was good back then, just didn't had the time to read up how to reset the system.

Since I left work early today and had to get the Aston out of the garage, I got remembered and troubleshooted per handbook.

Right rear (blue) is blinking red when the car stands and after driving solid red what says TPMS sensor toast.

I guess this is a common issue, I couldn't find a option how to reset the TPMS system.
Hard to believe the sensor is bad since the same day all cars had the same complaint. BMW just press a button and reinitialize.

Any advise?

Old 12-27-2017, 08:13 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Buy a sensor, buy a link harness from Rich or trade it for a BMW.

Old 12-28-2017, 08:30 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by J doubleU
Buy a sensor, buy a link harness from Rich or trade it for a BMW.
Couldn't find a sensor on Rich's web shop, saw the harness but I like working TPMS and I own couple BMW.

Where is a good place to source a replacement TPMS?

Old 12-28-2017, 10:12 AM
LALEX1 is on a distinguished road
You can find replacement sensors online but you will have to pay $$ to have the dealer program them into the smartire module.
I removed mine from the tire, opened it up removed and soldered in 2 new batteries and closed it back up with some silicone. Has been working over one year now. Should be good for another 4 at least.
Will not need reprogramming from the dealer this way.

Old 12-28-2017, 09:20 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Originally Posted by LALEX1
You can find replacement sensors online but you will have to pay $$ to have the dealer program them into the smartire module.
I removed mine from the tire, opened it up removed and soldered in 2 new batteries and closed it back up with some silicone. Has been working over one year now. Should be good for another 4 at least.
Will not need reprogramming from the dealer this way.
Was that one of the Huf AM sensors? You wouldn't have happened to take a couple pics for a tutorial?

Bits has sensors, for now, best price you'll get. They are the original Huf sensors so are not current [unless their pictures are wrong]. Cheapest Dealer price I could find in the US was $296 but that is for the current OEM source, Beru, who makes AM's current TPMS system but is also making replacement sensors for AM that are compatible with the Smartire system that is no longer supported by Smartire.

Old 12-29-2017, 02:04 PM
LALEX1 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
Was that one of the Huf AM sensors? You wouldn't have happened to take a couple pics for a tutorial?

Bits has sensors, for now, best price you'll get. They are the original Huf sensors so are not current [unless their pictures are wrong]. Cheapest Dealer price I could find in the US was $296 but that is for the current OEM source, Beru, who makes AM's current TPMS system but is also making replacement sensors for AM that are compatible with the Smartire system that is no longer supported by Smartire.
It was the original sensor that came with my 08 vantage. only one of them went out the other 3 are still the original ones. I had a shop remove the sensor and then opened it up myself. Its pretty self explanatory. I will try and upload pictures if I can find them.
1. Remove the clear silicone on one side of the sensor, that will allow you to remove the board with the batteries on it.
2. Unsolder the 2 batteries
3. Resolder new batteries (test solder points with a multimeter to make sure the batteries are giving out the correct voltage)
4. reinstall and add clear silicone again. (make sure everything is sealed so the sensor will work properly.
5. Have a shop reinstall the sensors

Thats it.

I also ended up purchasing quite a few extra batteries with the correct arms (has little metal tabs sticking out of the sides to reach the circuit board).
I'll try and upload pics when I find them
I suggest you give it a shot. Whats the worst that could happen if the sensor doesn't work anyways???
Feel free to ask me any questions if you need to.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Who's TPMS Light Is On?