Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Who's TPMS Light Is On?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 08:03 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Who's TPMS Light Is On?

By show of hands, who's got a TPMS light lit up?

Might have a way to disable the light - the TPMS itself will still work (the lights on the module will still show a fault) but the light will not show on the gauge cluster.

Of course, as soon as we fiddled with mine, my light went out (even though I don't have sensors on my current wheels). So we need a car to test out a plug-and-play module. 100% reversible, just plugs into the harness between the module and existing wiring.

Anyone interested in trying this out? Local preferred.

Old 04-30-2015, 10:19 AM
anton28 will become famous soon enough
Mine is on!

Old 04-30-2015, 01:58 PM
mikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to allmikey k is a name known to all
I'm guessing this is for the older system?
I'm having BR code out my new TPMS system
Both systems are a PITA TBH

Old 04-30-2015, 05:50 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by anton28
Mine is on!
Is it because of your new wheels, didn't swap the sensors over to them?

Can you tell me which TPMS module you have, and how many wires go into the harness?

Originally Posted by mikey k
I'm guessing this is for the older system?
I'm having BR code out my new TPMS system
Both systems are a PITA TBH
I have the older one, and tried splicing my wires and it didn't work. Then my local tech undid it and reverted it to stock, and somehow it fixed it. He put together an adapter that negates the light to the dash. We want to test it out to see if it'll work as intended (as I said in the first post - module still registers a fault so you can see the given fault lit on the module, but you don't have to see the light on the dash).

Last edited by telum01; 04-30-2015 at 07:03 PM.
Old 04-30-2015, 09:19 PM
anton28 will become famous soon enough
Sensors got swapped out and we can't get the dang light to go off. I'll check tomorrow on the harness and let you know.

Old 05-01-2015, 06:47 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Pre Beru smart tire system 4 wires @ module. +power, ground and 2 signal wires to DIM. Ground both signal wires on the back side of the connector utilizing the ground to the module.

Old 05-01-2015, 07:21 AM
Originally Posted by anton28
Sensors got swapped out and we can't get the dang light to go off. I'll check tomorrow on the harness and let you know.
Coolbeans, thanks! I'll be taking a weekend trip in the V8V and hopefully the light will stay off. If it returns, I'll be able to test this thing out on my own car. If not, and if your wiring is the same as mine, I'll send it to you if you're interested in testing it.

Originally Posted by J doubleU
Pre Beru smart tire system 4 wires @ module. +power, ground and 2 signal wires to DIM. Ground both signal wires on the back side of the connector utilizing the ground to the module.
Yeah, it can be done but results are hit-or-miss. It didn't work for me until my tech fiddled with it, and we ended up blowing a fuse in the process so it probably wouldn't have worked at all if not for having an "accident" in the process. The idea behind this thing is plug-and-play without having to mess with wires and without having to worry about messing anything up.

Old 05-01-2015, 05:23 PM
eelton is on a distinguished road
I found that by unplugging the TPMS unit (2007 Vantage) *before* the light was on, it didn't come on when I replaced my wheels without transferring the sensors.

So, it may be a good idea to unplug the TPMS unit if you're getting to the end of the sensors' battery life, before they indicate a fault

Old 05-01-2015, 11:14 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
That works for the gen I pre 2008. The 2nd generation 2008-up "smartire" gives both warnings (check tires & tire fault) if disconnected.

Old 05-02-2015, 07:05 AM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
mine is on, would love to try

Old 05-02-2015, 08:15 AM
Originally Posted by mkzhang
mine is on, would love to try
Gonna be in the area any time soon? I'm heading down south a bit for the 1/2-Mile Shootout, but I'll be in the NoVa/DC/Baltimore area next weekend.

Old 05-02-2015, 11:54 AM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
Hmm are you going to the Philly euro steak house run?

I was going to the 1/2 run, even booked the hotel, but GF had work so i end up canceling

Old 05-04-2015, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by mkzhang
Hmm are you going to the Philly euro steak house run?

I was going to the 1/2 run, even booked the hotel, but GF had work so i end up canceling
I probably won't be there for that. Staying local-ish the next few weeks. Doing a birthday party, concert fest, and a couple other events in the area.

Funny enough, I ran into darylcf at the hotel as we were about to head back home after the 1/2-Mile Shootout. Us 6speeders are everywhere lol

Old 05-04-2015, 03:03 PM
well hope the solution will be revealed soon.

I am afraid of pushing the "read" button so much that it will wear out, haha

Old 05-07-2015, 08:19 AM
Scotty4300 is on a distinguished road
This is how I isolated the TPMS on my 2008 V8V.
I seem to have collected lots of computer cables which come with laptops and printers. This one has a USB plug one end and a shielded 4 flat pin plug other end.
Cut off the 4 pin plug with about 3 inches of cable.
Remove the metal shield back to the plastic exposing the 4 flat pins.
Cut off one outside pin.
Expose the ends of the wires in the 3 inch cable-and with a meter establish which wires connect to the 3 remaining pins and solder them together.
Seperate the white plug at the TPMS module.On the car side there are 4 wires--Black White Red and Blue/Red.
White and Red are the monitor wires and Black is earth.By connecting White and Red to Earth we make the system think that all is well!Plug the false male into the female socket making sure that you are leaving the Blue /Red power cable unused.The pin spacing is slightly different but it will fit--I put some tape around the connection just to secure.
Voila! TPMS sends no more annoying signals to your dash.And the system can be returned to OEM at any time.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Who's TPMS Light Is On?