Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Most Recent addition to the Stable

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 05:22 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Most Recent addition to the Stable

Well it's not an Aston but it'll do Among some exciting moments in life one of them can be seeing an anticipated new car come off a transporter. Earlier this year I took delivery of my 2014 LP560-2 Anniversario Limited Edizione which I had been trying to find the right one since they were newly released in 2014 with filled allocations going to U.S. owners.

My car was basically a brand new example with only a couple of thousand miles, and one initial break in service properly documented and logged by Lamborghini dealer as per service history documentation. Also included were all books, purchase records, accessories, warranties, and paperwork.

I put well over a thousand miles on the car already; when I first got it I reached for the keys often and kept driving her, leaving the other stable mates dormant. I love the fact that this is the last 6 speed manual Lamborghini ever to be made and a 560-LP car and rear wheel drive, makes the car very special since it's also the last Italian supercar with a stick shift gearbox, and I think that combined with its lightweight chassis, styling, striking Bianco Opalis special white paint specifically and only made for the Anniversary edition, and the red-diamond q-citura red stitched full black alcantera/suede interior all contribute to the experience of the car. What Lamborghini have essentially done is taken the interior of a Super Trofeo Stradale and styling cues of a Superleggera combined it with the engine of a 560 and the driveline of a stick shift rear wheel drive Balboni Edtion, and it all works so well together!

There were 100 of these cars built worldwide. Of those 100 only 30 were the rare 6 speed stick shift manual transmissions slated by Lamborghini to be the final stick shift cars ever. Of those 30, only 25 allocations were for the USA and those were all stick shift cars, with already very few LP cars made equipped with sticks, these 25 cars would round out the last Gallardos built with very late model serial numbers. Mine was one of the very last Gallardos built w serial number in 139xx range and 1 of the 25 that were allocated for American shores. I hope to enjoy driving, owning, and sharing the car at shows and events for years to come. Here are some pics taken by my friend and pro photographer Chris Walsh.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	lambo_9.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	163.7 KB
ID:	420451   Click image for larger version

Name:	lambo_10.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	141.1 KB
ID:	420452   Click image for larger version

Name:	lambo_8.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	420453   Click image for larger version

Name:	lambo_17.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	420456   Click image for larger version

Name:	lambo_18.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	420458  

Old 05-18-2015, 06:01 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Congrats on yet another addition, Sunir. I wonder how many Alcantara Cows had to die for your interior.

Old 05-18-2015, 07:07 PM
sdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to behold
Wow Sunir, great addition indeed. And that interior is absolutely beautiful! Safe drives with her.

Old 05-18-2015, 07:52 PM
ncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to all
Beautiful car. Congrats! i hope enjoy it for a log time to come.

Old 05-18-2015, 09:02 PM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Did you keep the F430 or no?

Old 05-18-2015, 10:51 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Yup that's both bull and stallion together on the first pic there at a recent car show... my f430 is a rare 6speed manual definitely a keeper with the carbon brakes and cf sport seats. The Lambo is similar with the manual trans and carbon racing shells and so forth both these cars are complimentary. Each have a uniquely similar and yet different driving experience.

Old 05-19-2015, 08:20 AM
Breezman will become famous soon enoughBreezman will become famous soon enough
Where is the Aston?

Old 05-19-2015, 09:09 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
You and I have a lot in common... I love this car and your F430. 6 speed manual is the only way to go. Good luck and let me know when you're ready to sell either car.

Last edited by sunir; 05-19-2015 at 09:49 AM.
Old 05-19-2015, 09:30 AM
Originally Posted by Breezman
Where is the Aston?
Will probably replace it with a V12 Vantage, DBS, or a vintage DB5 sometime in the near future.

Old 05-19-2015, 09:34 AM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
Beautiful collection! Love the white.

Old 05-19-2015, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by AXARUNNER
You and I have a lot in common... I love this car and your F430. 6 speed manual is the only way to go. Good luck and let me know when you're ready to sell either car.
Thanks I agree on the driving experience w the stick shift last of breed Italian supercars, of which my examples are from Ferrari and later Lamborghini.

As for selling cars I absolutely dread it, I love adding to the stable but thinning the herd is always a pain in the butt. You know it's funny I've had people say that before about wanted to buy one of my cars (and I'm not saying at all that you'd be like this) its been my general experience when I sell and I've followed up with them and they seem to nit pick the crap out of the car, ask 200 questions, jump thru hoops and then lowball me after all that. The way I am going to do it now is set my price. Buyer comes and picks it up same day, no hassle. Or just wait 20-30 years until I'm at retirement age (in my 30's now) and auction them off trough RM, Gooding & Co., or Bonhams and set a reasonable reserve and let the bidding take care of itself. Heck a rare Stick shift 599 GTB went earlier this year at RM's annual Amelia Island auction for $689K and that was a $300k car new!!!

Old 05-19-2015, 12:57 PM
N91K is on a distinguished road
Very nice, congrats!

Old 05-19-2015, 01:51 PM
dan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by sunir
Thanks I agree on the driving experience w the stick shift last of breed Italian supercars, of which my examples are from Ferrari and later Lamborghini.

As for selling cars I absolutely dread it, I love adding to the stable but thinning the herd is always a pain in the butt. You know it's funny I've had people say that before about wanted to buy one of my cars (and I'm not saying at all that you'd be like this) its been my general experience when I sell and I've followed up with them and they seem to nit pick the crap out of the car, ask 200 questions, jump thru hoops and then lowball me after all that. The way I am going to do it now is set my price. Buyer comes and picks it up same day, no hassle. Or just wait 20-30 years until I'm at retirement age (in my 30's now) and auction them off trough RM, Gooding & Co., or Bonhams and set a reasonable reserve and let the bidding take care of itself. Heck a rare Stick shift 599 GTB went earlier this year at RM's annual Amelia Island auction for $689K and that was a $300k car new!!!
No question my Aston was definitely a more difficult car to sell than the Porsche's I have had in the past. You definitely have to be patient selling one of these cars but you also have to stick to your guns, sooner or later the right buyer will come around. The problem I found is a lot of the people who low balled me were actually dealers wanting to buy the car and re-sell it themselves. I understand they have to make a profit but if I wanted to go that route I would have obviously traded the car in. You have a nice car and you will eventually find the right buyer.

Nice Lambo enjoy the new ride. I have been thinking about a Gallardo, 430, 911 turbo but can't make up my mind. Ferrari reliability scares the heck out of me, but people are telling me the 430 is very reliable.

Old 05-19-2015, 02:05 PM
Originally Posted by dan87951
No question my Aston was definitely a more difficult car to sell than the Porsche's I have had in the past. You definitely have to be patient selling one of these cars but you also have to stick to your guns, sooner or later the right buyer will come around. The problem I found is a lot of the people who low balled me were actually dealers wanting to buy the car and re-sell it themselves. I understand they have to make a profit but if I wanted to go that route I would have obviously traded the car in. You have a nice car and you will eventually find the right buyer.

Nice Lambo enjoy the new ride. I have been thinking about a Gallardo, 430, 911 turbo but can't make up my mind. Ferrari reliability scares the heck out of me, but people are telling me the 430 is very reliable.
Ferrari maintenance is expensive. F430 is reliable but when you need something it can be expensive. Clutch, F1 pump, etc... if you want to save a few bucks get a higher mileage F1 paddle shift car. They are fun cars and are holding value and creeping up or in the case of the rare stick shift cars are skyrocketing in value.

Old 05-19-2015, 07:49 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Fabulous! Well done on the manual.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Most Recent addition to the Stable