Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

06 DB9 TPMS/New tires needed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2015, 08:45 AM
airbusdrvr is on a distinguished road

My DB9 is in need of new tires. I'll probably go with the Michelin Pilot Sports. (not Cups)

I'm sure my tires are original, which means the TPMS sensors are too. Pardon my ignorance but can the TPMS batteries be replaced? I assuming they can't, so has anyone found a good source for the sensors? I'm afraid aftermarket sensors won't work with Aston's system. Any ideas on price range?

Any AM procedures my tire installer will have to follow regarding the sensors?

Thanks

Old 06-13-2015, 10:05 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Get super sports, not sports

Old 06-13-2015, 01:38 PM
07sportspack will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
Get super sports, not sports
I second the Pilot Super Sports !! I have a set of 19" Pilot SuperSports and set of 20" with Sports. The PSS are well worth the extra$. As for the sensors. If they are working I might leave them alone. I'm not sure about battery changes? OEM replacement TPMS are not inexpensive. I think you have the same set up as my 07. I believe in the 06 AND 07's you can disconnect/unplug the head of the unit and disable the fault indicator of a failed sensor battery. In my 07 it's under the glove box. My 20''s don't have TPMS so that's what I do and have had no issues. I always keep an eye on my tire pressure anyway. When I swap back to the 19's I plug the unit head in and works like a charm. There is a write up on this or the Piston Heads thread. Good luck what ever you decide.

Old 06-13-2015, 11:33 PM
MRY
MRY is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by airbusdrvr
My DB9 is in need of new tires. I'll probably go with the Michelin Pilot Sports. (not Cups)

I'm sure my tires are original, which means the TPMS sensors are too. Pardon my ignorance but can the TPMS batteries be replaced? I assuming they can't, so has anyone found a good source for the sensors? I'm afraid aftermarket sensors won't work with Aston's system. Any ideas on price range?

Any AM procedures my tire installer will have to follow regarding the sensors?

Thanks
+1
Pilot super sport

I just ordered a set to replace PS2's that are on my 20" hre's. I keep the oem wheels as a spare. The tpms sensor needs to be replaced when the battery dies. It is a smartire system, and you can get replacement ones on eBay, or just disconnect the head unit and the lamp will go out on the dash.

When I mount the oem back on, I align the colored valve stem with hub, and connect the tpms plug, and it works fine..

Hope that helps..

Old 06-14-2015, 05:39 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I just put Michelin super sports on my vantage that has 20 inch wheels and the ride is incredible and they are quiet! I'm using stock sensors with no problems.

Old 07-27-2015, 09:42 AM
snowball007 is on a distinguished road
If one of the sensors is dead and I have the “Tyre System Fault” warning in the Driver’s Information Module (DIM) display, will the other three sensors still be able to send a “Check Tyres” warning on the DIM? I'm willing to live with the yellow light if I know the other three sensors can give me a low pressure warning.

I have the Super Sports 'Z" on my 08 DB9 (sport pack), and they are great and have lasting power too (got 3 years of hard driving and 30k miles on them)