Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Early DB9 headliner removal

Old 08-21-2015, 07:57 PM
DonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the rough
Early DB9 headliner removal

Hi folks.......My headliner is delaminating in my 05 DB9 so I need to remove same and reglue. I have the manual but it's a little scant about the details. It makes reference to the cant rail and the IP need to be removed. What the heck are those? Irish or others with experience in this matter could you please enlighten me? It looks to me like both side trims have to come off as well as the headrail trim, Thanks! DonBond

Last edited by DonBond; 08-21-2015 at 08:00 PM.
Old 08-22-2015, 06:45 AM
CARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of light
Old 08-23-2015, 12:15 PM
speedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by DonBond
Hi folks.......My headliner is delaminating in my 05 DB9 so I need to remove same and reglue. I have the manual but it's a little scant about the details. It makes reference to the cant rail and the IP need to be removed. What the heck are those? Irish or others with experience in this matter could you please enlighten me? It looks to me like both side trims have to come off as well as the headrail trim, Thanks! DonBond
Above are some links to a post I made when I did my headliner. It's not a very difficult job if you take your time and having a second set of hands around, especially during the reinstall is a good idea. You do have to remove the piece that is under the rear view mirror and visors that runs across the length of the top of the windshield. You also have to remove the long piece along the drivers side "A" pillar all the way back to the rear window. In regards to the passenger side same piece, I was able to remove /replace the headliner without totally removing the passenger side part. Removing the passenger side dash pieces that would have to come out to get that "A" pillar piece totally removed gets pretty complicated so I tried to avoid that. I also removed the passenger seat (very easy, just remember to first disconnect the battery) to make the entire job easier. Plan on getting new plastic fasteners for all parts removed when you reinstall.. They will just never quite hold like before and you don't want to try to "save" the original fasteners while popping them loose for removal. I even cut a couple of them to avoid prying on upholstered parts where the fasteners were stubborn. The fasteners are easily had and cheap enough from the dealer.

I would also suggest getting some new material and having the original headliner recovered rather than spending money on a new complete headliner from the dealer. I hunted down the company that supplies Aston Martin with the alcantara for all their headliners and was able to purchase new alcantara from them in the perfect matching color and I'd be happy to share their contact info with you. Send me a PM if you would like that because I'm not sure if forum rules allow for me to post it here.

Let me know if I can help with any other info.. Good luck!

Old 04-16-2016, 03:53 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Hi SpeedRacer800,
I sent you a PM re. the source of the AM genuine matching alcantara. Please get back to me as soon as you can.
Thanks,
CATTMAN

Old 04-16-2016, 07:55 PM
speedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the rough
The company is called "Boyriven". Just email their sales contact information on the website and I'm confident you'll be happy with their service.. Super great to work with a very nice people.

I'm sorry I didn't see your Pm sooner..

Good luck