Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Vantage S review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 11:09 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
If you get the leather option interior (which you can on GT) and the print graphics seude, it looks no different than any other aston interior.

Old 06-22-2015, 11:45 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
After getting out of my normal Vantage and then sitting in a base GT the interior of the base GT looks out right cheap, but can be dressed up with available options.
I'm not sure what would make you think that. The interior of the GT and the V8V is identical. Both come with full leather standard but, with the GT, you have a no-cost-option of leather plus Alcantara seat and door inserts. The leather stitching, accents and design are the same as those on the range-topping V12VS.

The GT also comes standard with an Alcantara instrument binnacle and carbon fiber gearshift surround. Also, you get a choice of leather-wrapped or Alcantara steering wheel at no extra cost. All of these are additional cost options on the V8V/V8VS

Old 06-22-2015, 11:47 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
If you get the leather option interior (which you can on GT) and the print graphics seude, it looks no different than any other aston interior.
Minor clarification for the sake of accuracy: full leather is standard. Leather + Alcantara seat and door inserts is a no-cost option.

Old 06-22-2015, 12:14 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
GT base interior

I think it's the standard black ***** and black trim with a black faced instrument panel that at least in my opinion makes the interior bland and plastic appearing - even with no plastics. I've seen a GT with more of a standard interior which is nicer (my opinion)

Old 06-22-2015, 02:28 PM
It's interesting that you think they look cheap. The black *****, dials and air vents as well as the piano black trim for door pulls and the center console are actually separate options that cost quite a bit more money. The same options are available for the V12VS and V8VS.

The black instrument panel with different font is also standard on the V12VS.

It sounds like you like shiny things.

Old 06-24-2015, 12:14 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Ya I agree with Karl, if anything the GT can look a lot nicer for a lot less since all the options are "no cost" for the most part. Full piano black trim with full leather with Black ***** is straight out of the V12S and V8S (and DBS).

Karl, i do like how your car has JUST the GT4 decal on the rear fender. How did you do that and how much did it cost. I am debating on getting a GT because honestly, its cheaper to get the GT than a used older V8VS used oddly enough.

Karl do you think its possible to setup a v8GT right enough to use it on track occasionally? I know it may not be the fastest, but would it be enjoyable in your opinion?

Last edited by 007 Vantage; 06-26-2015 at 08:52 AM.
Old 06-24-2015, 10:59 PM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
I guess I like shiny things I like gloss paint -- matt paint looks like primer. I prefer the bright instruments -- they're beautifully made from aluminum, why hide that by painting/anodizing/whatever-the-process-is to make them black? I like the bright switchgear better than the black ones. To each his own, as usual, and this stuff is entirely a matter of personal opinion.

Old 06-25-2015, 08:29 AM
Fubar has a spectacular aura aboutFubar has a spectacular aura about
I asked the dealership what the difference was and they basically said that the GT was made with cheaper "bit" and less options. They are of course trying to sell both so there would certainly be incentive to lie about it... car dealership lie. Noooooooooo?!?!

I personally have not compared a V8V-S and V-GT, side-by-side so I can't speak with any authority. Well, this is the internet so technically I can... but I won't.