Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

DBS, DB9 or Rapide?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 08:40 AM
CoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really nice
I just can't see myself owning a car like a Rapide or a Quattroporte. If I'm buying a four door car it's mostly for practical reasons, so British and Italian cars don't exactly scream "practical." Would much prefer to drive a "modest" Audi S8 under the radar and slip into the well-heeled Brit or Italian coupe on the weekends.

Also, regarding depreciation on the new Vanquish, I'm sure it has a ways to go down, but I sincerely doubt they will drop to the levels of the 2000's Vanquish. I just feel like that car being part of the old era (it was the last car out of the Newport Pagnell facility) with it's Ford/Volvo interior bits and borrowed Recaro seats have not helped its value. Something about it being one of the first Astons with a push-button automatic transaxle makes me nervous, too. As many times as I've thought about one in contrast to a DB9 (hey, they're only ~$10k more now, where they used to be $100k more!) I feel there's good reason not to get anything less than an 04-07 S. The new cars seem quite a bit less, well, dodgy than the old ones and as such, should hold their value. (Or maybe they won't; then this plebeian might afford one someday!)

Old 07-01-2015, 12:33 PM
Evoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud of
Yes. I agree. BUT... What if your 4 door COULD also be an Aston. And u had a big Lex GX for more long haul 4 up cruising? And your well heeled coupe was a Viper, Vantage V8, Alpha 4C?

Isn't that combo better than a Gallardo and my E350 Bluetec? The first option is TWO really cool cars and a truck. The 2nd option is ONE really cool car!

Old 07-01-2015, 04:47 PM
omegaSMP300 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by CoreyC2S
Also, regarding depreciation on the new Vanquish, I'm sure it has a ways to go down, but I sincerely doubt they will drop to the levels of the 2000's Vanquish.
I think the 2014 models were hit hard in part by the release of the 2015 models with a new gear box which made the car faster and brought its top speed over 200 mph.

I think a 2014 vanquish for a bit more than a 2012 dbs is worth it (and should hold it's value better in the long run). But the savings when looking at a 2009/2010 dbs are significant (provided you can live with the very outdated volvo gps system).

Old 07-02-2015, 09:58 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
DBS, DB9 or Rapide?

I was at the AM store in Newport Beach and the service manager told me the most problematic car is the Vanquish, by far. He didn't elaborate at all though. His favorite of the fleet is the Rapide.

Old 07-02-2015, 11:09 AM
anton28 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by deckman
I was at the AM store in Newport Beach and the service manager told me the most problematic car is the Vanquish, by far. He didn't elaborate at all though. His favorite of the fleet is the Rapide.

Interesting. Its pretty much a DBS/9 with new body skins, interior pieces and engine upgrades. I would assume there is not enough differences to make it a problematic car as the db9/s cars are pretty much issue free.

Old 07-03-2015, 07:00 AM
N91K is on a distinguished road
I would say go for the Rapide not just cause i own one and LOVE it but cause you'll be able to get another toy vs. only getting a DBS or DB9 and keeping the E class. It's a win win situation with the Rapide its a really fun and comfortable car + it fits 4 adults and its not as bad as it seems space wise.

Edit: With all that being said, i truly love the DBS i think its the most beautiful Aston ever made to be honest, but with Astons you won't go wrong with either model. However, in your current situation i think the Rapide fits best.

Last edited by N91K; 07-03-2015 at 08:19 AM.
Old 07-05-2015, 07:15 AM
Evoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud of
N91K, that is what I was thinking. Rapid + 4C or Viper = TWO toys. Whereas if I keep E and just get Gallardo I would have only ONE toy.