Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Tungsten silver or Onyx black

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 06:12 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kensilver
As for the advantages of cleaning of one color over another, no-one should buy a car based on how it shows the dirt - Astons should always be immaculate no matter what shade they are.
+1 on that!

Old 07-03-2015, 12:11 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by deckman
+1 on that!
+++1 for me my cars are always immaculate. I just feel when you like a car and especially when it looks like sculpture you owe it to your self to keep it perfectly clean. And to answer the question between the two colors personally I like the tungsten gray
Ron

Old 07-06-2015, 06:46 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
I personally don't like black on Astons because the color hides so much of the design. Silvers are gorgeous on these cars, but they're incredibly common (as far as common is concerned regarding Aston). I'd say go for the silver.

Old 07-06-2015, 11:23 AM
Old phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the rough
As an Onyx Black DB9 owner I'd go with the silver. As stated earlier I agree that when you own a vehicle that will always be getting looks you feel an obligation to keep it immaculate. Might just be due to where I live but I can wash mine today and have a visible fine dusting on it tomorrow.

Old 07-06-2015, 12:43 PM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
I agree that Astons should always be immaculate, and I keep mine that way. To me, nothing looks as fantastic as black when it's clean. The metal flake in Onyx in the sun is stunning, and IMO it beautifully highlights the detail of the design (whereas non-metallic Jet Black does not). That said, it's not possible for a daily driver to always be immaculate, so for a DD the ease-of-maintenance factor is a consideration for me.

FWIW, the original Vanquish brochure showed the car in Tungsten (I think), and when the Vanquish S came out the brochure showed it in Onyx. Clearly, either is an excellent choice

Old 07-09-2015, 08:39 AM
georgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of light
Thank you all for all the input. I was leaning towards the tungsten silver one then a dealer also found for me a meteorite silver Vantage V12 with black graphic roof. Any thoughts on this color ? Does the black roof blend or is the contrast real noticeable ? I want to keep it as suttle as I can with this car.

Last edited by georgemaser; 07-09-2015 at 09:22 AM.
Old 07-09-2015, 03:25 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Tungston vs Meteorite

I've had both - both show the shape of the body and shadow lines well, differently, but both well. Picts below of both I've owned. Meteorite is a more common car color I think - My 2015 Mustang is Meteorite and I'm thinking to have my 1996 Buell S1 also painted Meteorite to match.

I like both colors equally well.

Top two are Meteorite - Bottom is Tungsten

I also included picts of the 07 (first Vantage) interior - the first Vantage with Factory wood door caps and dash!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	423593   Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender2.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	715.6 KB
ID:	423594   Click image for larger version

Name:	FrontQuarter.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	423595  
Attached Images  
Old 07-09-2015, 04:18 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Wow what a nice warm interior love the wood.
Ron

Old 07-12-2015, 02:04 AM
spikemd is just really nicespikemd is just really nicespikemd is just really nicespikemd is just really nice
Color

Just purchased my 07 v8v, only 13k miles, and will bring her home soon. Haven't read the specific aston color code yet. Rover dealer said snow shadow grey but looks darker to me. Bets on color?

Old 07-12-2015, 06:19 AM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
Meteorite.

Old 07-12-2015, 07:17 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Sure looks identical to my tungsten to me.

Old 07-12-2015, 11:54 AM
Batman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura about
Tungsten silver or Onyx black

Beautiful!!

Congrats and enjoy!

Old 07-12-2015, 01:57 PM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
Lovely -- congrats! Pretty sure that's Meteorite, but possibly Mercury (assuming it's an AM color).

Old 07-12-2015, 07:14 PM
flinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to behold
My educated guess, Meteorite. There were 3 silver cars on the showroom floor when I entered Aston Martin of Troy in the summer of 2007. Titanium, Tungsten and Meteorite. Light, medium and dark silver, respectfully. I bought the Tungsten, and a policeman, the Meteorite...we have been friends ever since.

Last edited by flinder; 07-13-2015 at 04:39 AM.
Old 07-13-2015, 12:11 AM
spikemd is just really nicespikemd is just really nicespikemd is just really nicespikemd is just really nice
Tough to tell from pictures. I also have the lighter interior similar to pic above with gray accents. So many have the black interior, but I prefer lighter. Only 13k miles!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tungsten silver or Onyx black