Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Huge kudos and thanks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2015, 06:08 PM
Vantagelvr will become famous soon enoughVantagelvr will become famous soon enough
Huge kudos and thanks

Ok first the disclaimer . I am in no way whatsoever connected financially or otherwise to this dealership but wanted to praise them for their impecable service .

I had to take the Vantage to the dealership for its seat heater recall .
My nearest dealership is Decarie motors in Montreal about a 2 1/2hr drive from my home .
So we decided to make a long weekend out of it . First a trip to the dealership on Thursday drop off the car overnight stay in Montreal for some touristy stuff and a visit to the Jazz festival then pick up the car Friday midday for a further drive to Quebec City for the weekend .
All this was a belated anniversary gift to my wife of 29 yrs .

I can't say enough about how I was treated by the dealership from the courtesy ride form the dealer to our hotel to the tour of the owners cars in the lower level .
They picked up right away on me as a real car guy and took me down to see the owners race prepped GT3 Vantage and who couldn't resist drooling over the totally original every nut n bolt paint upholstery everything 1955 Jaguar XK 140
Absolutely stunning with only 525 miles on it from new .....incredible sight .
I also got to take the 2015 AM Vanquish out for a drive around Montreal .
I still have the goosebumps on the goosebumps from sitting behind the wheel of that stunning car .
These guys treated me like a king and if you ever in Montreal pay them a visit and take a look around the dealership .
Amazing staff from the lady on reception to the car jockey/car wash boy .
Of course we also had to pay a visit on our way home from Quebec City to the Gilles Villenenueve museum in Berthierville near Trois Rivieres .
Awesome memories of a natural talent of a driver that the world lost way to soon on that tragic day in 1982 at Zolder .
The Ferrari pic is of the body of the Ferrari that Gilles Villeneuve drove two weeks prior to the accident in Zolder .

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	423378  

Last edited by Vantagelvr; 07-05-2015 at 06:21 PM.
Old 07-05-2015, 06:12 PM
Vantagelvr will become famous soon enoughVantagelvr will become famous soon enough
2nd pic

Views:	39
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	423385  
Old 07-05-2015, 06:14 PM
Next

Views:	29
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	423386  
Old 07-05-2015, 06:16 PM
The Vanquish

Views:	29
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	423387  
Old 07-05-2015, 06:18 PM
Sorry about all the posts but I did this on my I-pad and it will only let you put one pic per post .....or maybe I'm just a tech dummy

Views:	34
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	423388  
Old 07-05-2015, 06:44 PM
dan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to alldan87951 is a name known to all
Wow, that Vanquish is just stunning! I absolutely love it in that red!

Old 07-05-2015, 07:55 PM
AMCan will become famous soon enough
I can only agree. Bought mine there last year. Had it in a few weeks back for its annual. Similar to you I'm 2+ hours away. Great excuse for an overnight stay while taking in a bit of Montreal life. Staff have always been fabulous (Eric in sales, George in service and of course Chris and the gang in the shop). They provided us with a loaner Jag this time around but we've also used the Metro (station right across the street) which is a great way to travel around the city - and you don't have to park it.

Decarie are putting on a track day in a couple weeks up at the Mirabel track. Already sold out if you haven't yet signed up. Should be a fun event if you're going.

Cheers

Old 07-06-2015, 11:21 AM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Decarie has been great, the exact opposite of my experience with Grand Touring in Toronto when I first came to the brand. If it wasn't for the excellent way I was treated (in particular, by Chris / Irish07) when I tried Decarie instead, I would have (sadly) crossed Astons off my list.