Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston Martin DB9 seat release button replace

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 03:28 PM
BraBiz is on a distinguished road
Aston Martin DB9 seat release button replace

Anyone know how to remove the seat release button to replace it. The leather has popped out behind it. With thanks.

Old 07-08-2015, 07:13 AM
dkatwa is on a distinguished road
Any pictures please?

Old 07-09-2015, 10:23 AM

Old 07-09-2015, 10:36 AM
Seems pretty worn..never seen one with that usage...never tried it myself but does it pull out...the ring I mean..

Old 07-09-2015, 10:39 AM
It sort of moves outwards, but have not pulled it fully out. The ring (silver) is actually plastic, it crumbled when I tried to use little pressure to grip and pull out. Not concerned as I'll buy new button, but have no idea if it is a simple pull out and push back in. Really appreciate your time/help.

Old 07-09-2015, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by BraBiz
It sort of moves outwards, but have not pulled it fully out. The ring (silver) is actually plastic, it crumbled when I tried to use little pressure to grip and pull out. Not concerned as I'll buy new button, but have no idea if it is a simple pull out and push back in. Really appreciate your time/help.
Hi..I just spoke to David at Aston Martin Works...the trimmers have gone home for the day...if you can give me the last 6 digits of the VIN, he can confirm for sure tomorrow....

Old 07-09-2015, 10:51 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Punch in with a socket sized to fit ring, then fish button out (so everyone says...).

Old 07-09-2015, 10:53 AM
VIN.......GB06875 are last digits. Many thanks.

Old 07-09-2015, 12:39 PM
Thanks..Will let you know tomorrow...

Old 07-10-2015, 02:25 AM
Spoke to AMW....they said it requires removal of the seat..about 2 hours Labour...it has metal clips on the inside so if you try to pull it out, the clips might damage the leather and might make the hole a bit bigger.
Depending on the value of the car, it might be worth giving it to Aston...is it under warranty?

Old 07-10-2015, 08:22 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dkatwa
Spoke to AMW....they said it requires removal of the seat..about 2 hours Labour...it has metal clips on the inside so if you try to pull it out, the clips might damage the leather and might make the hole a bit bigger.
Depending on the value of the car, it might be worth giving it to Aston...is it under warranty?
Not if you do it the way everyone else does....push it in then remove. Use socket and hammer. 5 minute job.

Old 07-10-2015, 09:19 AM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
See:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ne-switch.html

I replaced my seat recline switches with glass ones.

5 minute job, indeed.

Last edited by terminal_ac; 07-10-2015 at 09:30 AM.
Old 07-10-2015, 10:22 AM
Thanks everyone, will try the socket idea first. Car is an 07, warranty not an option. Had the car only two months, have to re-do the Bluetooth next.

Anyone had issues with shocks. The car rides worse than my last 911 over bumps. Or are these cars just so stiffly sprung. Any suggestions? Have 19" rims, thinking of going to 18's, but hate to spoil the look. 15 spoke rims are a pain to clean, going with a 5 spoke, if I find something that's right.

Thanks again everyone, most appreciated.

Old 07-20-2015, 03:34 AM
Any news on this? How did you remove the button?

Old 07-20-2015, 05:59 AM
62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !62Jeff Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dkatwa
Any news on this? How did you remove the button?
Good morning. See the link in Post 12, where he posted his success.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aston Martin DB9 seat release button replace