Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

AM Cocktail Party Pics

Old 08-13-2015, 09:57 PM
MidnightBlue is a jewel in the roughMidnightBlue is a jewel in the roughMidnightBlue is a jewel in the rough
AM Cocktail Party Pics

A few of the cars that they had at the car week event tonight

Old 08-13-2015, 11:43 PM
GrantRR is on a distinguished road
This is amazing! Love the photos!

Old 08-14-2015, 12:23 AM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
Wonderful pics. Thanks for sharing!

Old 08-14-2015, 04:31 AM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
My goodness, that's a rare brood of Astons all together in one place! What was the event?

The umbrella base looked a bit close to the Vulcan's side for my liking!

Old 08-14-2015, 07:30 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Too cool seeing all of those in one spot! I never noticed the drilled hood vents on the DB10, kinda interesting.

Old 08-14-2015, 08:36 AM
yankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by telum01
Too cool seeing all of those in one spot! I never noticed the drilled hood vents on the DB10, kinda interesting.
I don't see any body gaps on the hood. Does the entire hood+grill flip like a Jaguar E-type to access the engine bay?

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/08/14/a...#slide-3581686

Old 08-14-2015, 08:38 AM
MRY
MRY is on a distinguished road
AM Cocktail Party Pics

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue
A few of the cars that they had at the car week event tonight

I was there yesterday as well. Are you going to be there on Saturday as well for the party?

Old 08-14-2015, 08:42 AM
spikemd is just really nicespikemd is just really nicespikemd is just really nicespikemd is just really nice
Wow. Which event was this?

Old 08-14-2015, 09:15 AM
MidnightBlue is a jewel in the roughMidnightBlue is a jewel in the roughMidnightBlue is a jewel in the rough
AM Rents a house in Monterey for car week. This was one of the cocktail parties. I just had an invite for the Thursday evening event and not the Saturday party.

The DB10 did not look like it was a running example. The greenhouse was opaque and everything looked like it was designed to be photographed at a distance. The drilled hood vents were rather crudely done when viewed up close.

They also had the DBX concept and a Lagonda Taraf (Both surprisingly better looking in person than in photos) but I didn't get any good shots of either.

Old 08-14-2015, 09:32 AM
MRY
AM Cocktail Party Pics

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue
AM Rents a house in Monterey for car week. This was one of the cocktail parties. I just had an invite for the Thursday evening event and not the Saturday party.

The DB10 did not look like it was a running example. The greenhouse was opaque and everything looked like it was designed to be photographed at a distance. The drilled hood vents were rather crudely done when viewed up close.

They also had the DBX concept and a Lagonda Taraf (Both surprisingly better looking in person than in photos) but I didn't get any good shots of either.
Ok, got it. I thought we could meet up as I will be back on Saturday night.

Per the event organizer and tech staff, The DB10 was an actual 1/10 running example from the actual movie production, the holes were drilled and if you looked closely you could see the engine and also the cracked windshield "patina"

The Taraf was real, and I really like it, but The Vulcan was a clay mockup so was the DBX..

Enjoy the week! Tons of fun!!

Old 08-14-2015, 09:38 AM
Autoblog has better pictures (ones from a real camera and not from an iPhone like mine) at

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/08/14/a...l-to-monterey/

Old 08-14-2015, 10:18 AM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
That's awesome, did you talk with some AM bigwigs and ask about future cars?

Old 08-14-2015, 11:24 AM
Originally Posted by rohnin
Unfortunately, I didn't get much of a chance to chat with the AM folks. I spent most of my time trying to keep the 13 year old son of a friend who was with us from dripping ice cream from the big sundae he was eating on the cars.

I had visions of an AM rep coming up and saying "Now that young Sir has ruined the car how would Sir like to pay for it? We take cheques or we can conveniently just have you sign over your soul in perpetuity..."

Old 08-14-2015, 11:52 AM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
So I made my usual trip up to the Monterey car with week in California.
I drove my 2007 Vantage up last year a week after I bought it.
I had heard about an event last year at the Aston Martin estate in Carmel Valley unfortunately I was unable to attend. This year even though I didn't bring my Aston Martin I made a point of going yesterday. It is a wonderful estate in the Carmel Valley that Aston Martin takes over for one week every year during the Monterey car week.
There's the full model lineup, plus some future cars show cars and cars you can drive. They had one of the DB 10's used in the new James Bond film, from what I can tell looking underneath the car it has the underpinnings of a Vantage. The windows were opaque and they would not show us the interior of the car until the movie opens this November.
They also had a mockup of the Aston Martin Vulcan, what a car very interesting looking. You're allowed to drive one car from the full lineup, so the one car I chose to drive was the only one there with a manual transmission which is the new Vantage GT. My Vantage is also a stick, The big different lies in, I have a 4.3 V-8 ( with the power pack) the car I drove was the 4.7.
The two cars feel very similar, however the GT has much more power lower down in the rev range sharper suspension and steering and is just a tighter feeling car altogether. The new NAV screen and NAV system and center Stack design are also very nice along with the alcantara seating surfaces and steering wheel. If I were in the market for a new Vantage and had $105,000 to spend this would definitely be the way to go, it just makes the car that much more enjoyable.
Ron

Old 08-14-2015, 03:43 PM
MRY
AM Cocktail Party Pics

Originally Posted by rohnin
If you have specific questions you want to ask, drop a post here with them.

I'm back on Saturday evening and Palmer, Bez and others will be there. I'm happy to ask for you within reason of course....

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AM Cocktail Party Pics