Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Vantage Nitron Adjustable Coilovers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 11:02 AM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Wow car looking real nice buddy!

Old 01-09-2016, 05:59 AM
Montana107 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mkzhang
Wow your rear wheels make you look slammed!

I agree. It's a little low for my taste. Not sure about this but I believe the H&Rs on a Vantage S make the car sit slightly lower than a non S model... I believe the S suspension might have a slightly lower stance as stock. Other Vanatges on here look like a reasonable drop with the H&R - I plan on setting my Coilovers about 1/2 to 3/4 inch higher.

I started the install last night. Doing the pin mount adjuster with flexible extenders on an Aston is a challenge. but I am sure the efforts will pay off. Below is a photo of the top of the rear shock. Not much clearance - small holes to feed the adjusters are in process - most of the carpet in the rear boot must be removed - more detail to follow

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	1.95 MB
ID:	436915  
Old 01-09-2016, 08:57 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Can someone confirm that the stock S sits lower than the non S? This the first time I've ever heard that.

Old 01-10-2016, 03:57 AM
bunob is on a distinguished road
This car is beautiful as beautiful parts !
I follow your thread for the detail ;-)

Old 01-11-2016, 02:50 PM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
My V8VS came to me with H&R springs on it and I hated them. Too low for use on real roads and no progressive feel at all.
I've switched to OEM and like them well enough but wish the car rode a bit lower, between stock and H&R.
I'm looking forward to hearing how you set these up for actual street driving use. I know I don't need racing spec stuff, I'm considering the Velocity progressive springs to get me what I want. Still, looking forward to your reports.

Old 01-11-2016, 02:54 PM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by deckman
Can someone confirm that the stock S sits lower than the non S? This the first time I've ever heard that.
Can not confirm. Pretty sure it's not true (based on loitering in my local AM dealer's showroom though much of 2013/14.

But yeah, H&R on an S is not awesome. Too low. Too brute force. Fine for a parking lot bro car, but no good for actual driving.

Old 01-11-2016, 04:09 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by IbisRider
My V8VS came to me with H&R springs on it and I hated them. Too low for use on real roads and no progressive feel at all.
I've switched to OEM and like them well enough but wish the car rode a bit lower, between stock and H&R.
I'm looking forward to hearing how you set these up for actual street driving use. I know I don't need racing spec stuff, I'm considering the Velocity progressive springs to get me what I want. Still, looking forward to your reports.
I have progressive rated Swift Springs on one of my Lamborghinis ... My Underground Racing Twin Turbo and it rides perfect and the ride height is spot on the car takes a set real nice and never bottoms out even under intense load. Great feel on both regular road driving and at race events including very high speed roll race where the car is literally under extreme load at all time. You will really like the progressive rate coils I think!

Views:	79
Size:	1.53 MB
ID:	437165  
Old 11-04-2016, 11:26 AM
bunob is on a distinguished road
@Montana107 wath's new ?
You will provide detail on the product, install and performance ;-).

Old 11-06-2016, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by bunob
@Montana107 wath's new ?
You will provide detail on the product, install and performance ;-).
Install was straight forward from a Nitron product perspective. I would not go with the pin style adjustment mount on a factory car. I would do the top eye bearing style.

The product performance was not satisfactory to me. I discussed my needs extensively with Nitron and mentioned I wanted a suspension that was more track oriented, etc. - They recommend a set up with spring rates of 575 lb front and 625 lb rear and assured me I would be satisfied with the performance. When I took it on the track the suspension bottomed out while cornering - the top of the tires wore through the top of the fender liners. I found this extremely odd and when I mentioned this to them their response was sparatic at best.. Their post sale support was poor, they finally recommended a solution and desired to charge me list price to resolve their issue. I am a pretty easy going guy that has done an extensive amount of car modifications and would have been willing to pay a little to further tailor an aftermarket solution to my needs but I will personally not spend another dime with Nitron due to my experience with them.

If you want a road suspension this would be a good solution as it transformed the car on the street but if you desire to track the car I would go elsewhere. Keep in mind the Nitron system has some exposed bearings that will require servicing so if you plan on daily driving in the elements you might want to go the direction of aftermarket springs on your factory shocks.

Hope this helps!

Old 11-06-2016, 05:00 PM
Attached is a photo of the new ride height as you see I moved it up from where it sat on the H&R springs.

Views:	91
Size:	2.46 MB
ID:	462779  
Old 11-07-2016, 01:25 AM
vince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nice
For the tracks, Bamford Rose recommends Bilstein.

Old 11-07-2016, 04:56 AM
Originally Posted by vince_1972
For the tracks, Bamford Rose recommends Bilstein.
Thanks Vince! - That is what AMR runs and they are expensive $$$ - but I guess you pay for what you get -

Old 11-07-2016, 07:19 AM
vince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Montana107
Thanks Vince! - That is what AMR runs and they are expensive $$$ - but I guess you pay for what you get -

Request an offer to Mike from me, it was the same price as Nitron with Bilstein.

Old 11-07-2016, 08:53 AM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute
Montana107 - I thought Vanage GT4s were running on Nitron R1 for a while?

Old 11-07-2016, 09:41 AM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
Montana: your car looks amazing. Very nice stance and wheels!

Cret: The TRG Vantage GT4, which is North America's Aston Martin Racing team, uses Bilstein, and I can confirm what Montana said, they are expensive based on the quote I received from them as well.

I didn't think to inquire at Bamford, but that is a great option, especially since it is nicely priced.

It's too late for me though: I already have a set of kW coilovers waiting to be installed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vantage Nitron Adjustable Coilovers