Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

2014 Aston Martin Vanquish Problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 02:13 PM
gulf gt is on a distinguished road

The issues are in the process of being addressed.

Last edited by gulf gt; 10-05-2015 at 08:52 PM.
Old 08-19-2015, 02:31 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
You bought a used car. It's very likely that the car was being used for test drives, demos, and personal errands by staff.

I would *guess* that the car was received by the dealership with 98 miles, and listed as such, despite additional miles being clocked. I would *guess* that the listing wasn't updated each time the car was driven to reflect additional miles.

If this is the tip of the iceberg, where's the rest of it?

Old 08-19-2015, 03:11 PM
omegaSMP300 will become famous soon enough
December 17th 2014? That was months ago 8 months ago. Why is this only coming up now? The damage to the car would have been enough for me to ship it back immediately and get my money back. Very unfortunate but it's a bit late now I think to do anything about it.

Old 08-19-2015, 03:14 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Umm, that's not the current mileage display. That's the total miles left until an empty fuel tank.

Old 08-19-2015, 03:45 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
That is not the odometer showing 98 miles, it is range till empty (the odo is on the speedo gauge). Someone got confused when they took the photo as proof of mileage. That doesn't change the fact that someone drove the car 90 miles after the oil change and the other issues, particularly paint, which seems very severe.

Old 08-19-2015, 03:49 PM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute
When did you install the Passport?

Old 08-19-2015, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by cret
When did you install the Passport?
I didn't, it was on the car when I received it.

Old 08-19-2015, 04:22 PM

Last edited by gulf gt; 10-05-2015 at 08:57 PM.
Old 08-19-2015, 05:22 PM
larryg is on a distinguished road
I would have put the car back in the trailer for it's return trip to Scottsdale.

Old 08-19-2015, 05:35 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !

Not to excuse the dealer for misrepresentation, but you were buying a used car. You should have spent a few hundred dollars and had it inspected by someone. That's remote buying 101. What is the dealers position on all this?

Old 08-19-2015, 05:42 PM
skywagon is a jewel in the roughskywagon is a jewel in the roughskywagon is a jewel in the rough
That is my local dealer. I purchased my car used through them as well. I did inspect it in person though.

What has been Penske's response to this? Which salesman/dealer representative are you dealing through? Feel free to PM me if you do not want to discuss this here.

Old 08-19-2015, 06:51 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
While the Vanquish is all CF, AM has lots of experience painting the several CF body panels on the DBS over a 5 year period and around 3500 cars, so AM have no excuse if this is a result of poor panel prep.

Old 08-20-2015, 01:01 PM
Swoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really nice
Being a '14 car, bought from a AM dealership, certainly it has warranty remaining. There is no way they can deny a warranty claim on the leather and paint issues...the scrape to the diffuser you likely will have to settle with AM of Scottsdale. Although I did not purchase my AM (when I had it) from AM of Scottsdale, I had it serviced there as well as a few other issues taken care of (air bag sensors etc...) and always found them to be very professional.

Old 08-20-2015, 01:32 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Most of that will be covered by warranty. However, there's no excuse for them sending you the car without fixing (let alone disclosing) any of the damage. Was there any kind of PPI done? Any paperwork showing condition of the vehicle would help.

In my opinion, the vast majority of the issues are covered by warranty - so they should have been taken care of by the dealership while they had the car. They should make amends by paying to have the car shipped back, and then fix everything so you get the car you agreed to.

Originally Posted by gulf gt
Sorry, I was still uploading everything when you saw the post. I'm not very good at this...
Lol, yeah, that post grew substantially after I posted about it.

Old 08-21-2015, 08:47 AM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
Used car = caveat emptor!

As others have said, look to your warranty.

Side note: 8 months later is suspect.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2014 Aston Martin Vanquish Problems