Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Apple is Aston Martin

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 02:10 AM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
Apple is Aston Martin

I've finally figured it out after catching up with the latest Apple incremental product improvement releases today.

Apple and Aston Martin are soulmates. How often do you hear these things being said about the products of both brands:

- There are other brands that are faster, but...
- They haven't changed the _____ for years, it's getting old now.
- They may not have the power, but look at the...
- They are way behind the times, other brands have done that years before.
- How can they charge that amount for this...!

Everything, from power to convenience are similar to both brands. Even product placement... Aston Martin has James Bond while the Apple logo is is central to every TV show that shows a computer.

The one thing that keeps them both at the top of their game, I believe, is Style.

And an almost cult-like following.

Both these brands are loved and accepted despite all their shortcomings by a vocal band of supporters, and I'm one of them.

And one of the main attractions for me is the design. The carefully crafted precision of the iPhone, the sleek lines and perfect proportions of the Vantage... each brand carefully styled to make an astounding impact on the eye.

The only imbalance between them is that one company is vastly profitable and the other is not. But they both make machines of amazing beauty.

I don't know whether most Aston Martin owners are also Apple users too. It would be interesting to find out.

Old 09-10-2015, 10:21 AM
RolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura about
+1... All apple no question. Battled with bluescreen PCs for years at home.

Didn't get them all at once of course..: iPhone 6, 15"Mac Book Pro Retina, Mac Air, Mac Mini, Ipad, Ipad Mini, ~5Apple TVs. And a 13 Mac Book for the GF.

Its about two major things... Quality and Style. And the elegance in both doesn't hurt. Definitely cult following.

Just definitely no Apple watch yet. I'd have to change username!

Old 09-10-2015, 09:19 PM
spf1410 has a spectacular aura aboutspf1410 has a spectacular aura about
Excellent theory, I'm all in on both teams.

Old 09-11-2015, 12:15 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
i'm a vantage but not apple fan.

Old 09-11-2015, 12:29 AM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
I would guess that the Tesla to Apple correlation is significantly stronger.

I agree there may be some aesthetic appreciation link, but there are so many other things going on with the choices toward either. I'm pretty well Apple-ish these days but it's really on the iPhone 6 that I love for reasons that sort of parallel my Aston lust.

Good food for thought anyhow.