Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Replacing Door Sill Name Plate?? Can it be done?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2016, 08:08 PM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Ron Avery
When I bought my 2007 Vantage two years ago. I asked the Dealer as part of the purchase agreement to replace the sill plate with my name rather than the original owner . They ordered the sill plates for me and in two weeks had them for me from Aston Martin, and replace them. It was very easy I believe they're held on with small screws at least in my car.
Ron
Yeah after reading through several threads I've no doubt it's an easy swap, just looking for a more cost effective way to update mine. ~$400 for 2 pcs of aluminum is out of the question.

Old 06-22-2016, 09:31 PM
speedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the rough
Tony Hall made mine.. I think around $175 or so if I recall. They look OE.

Old 06-22-2016, 10:09 PM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by speedracer800
Tony Hall made mine.. I think around $175 or so if I recall. They look OE.
Same here. I highly recommend Tony Hall. He has a few threads here and on piston heads.

Old 06-23-2016, 09:36 PM
timwhayden is on a distinguished road
I also had Tony make me a personalized set with my name on it that look just like the original and was a whole lot cheaper than ordering from AM. Replaced them in 3 minutes so easy to do.

Old 06-23-2016, 11:59 PM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
I can do it as well ask Tony my cnc work is as precise
in fact it could be better?

Last edited by captain Greg; 06-24-2016 at 12:06 AM.
Old 06-24-2016, 07:09 AM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Can some of you with customized sill plates please post some photos?
CATTMAN

Old 06-24-2016, 08:05 AM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Cattman
Can some of you with customized sill plates please post some photos?
CATTMAN
Will do tonight , and sorry Tony if I wound you up

Old 06-24-2016, 08:22 AM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
Exchange rates for gbp are excellent today since the news came out about the UK leaving the EU.

I attached an example of one of Tony's plaques.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo460.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	594.1 KB
ID:	451792  
Old 06-24-2016, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by spyder997s
Exchange rates for gbp are excellent today since the news came out about the UK leaving the EU.

I attached an example of one of Tony's plaques.
That thing looks lazer printed with screws that need attention

Here is my first attempt, Im a hobbyist and do it for fun, Im not a dealer or agent...BUT I do have a 5 Xci CNC machine in my man cave, ...and the address of every MILF that puts out on first dates

forget the Bond thing I can put anything on there ?

Last edited by captain Greg; 06-25-2016 at 01:45 AM.
Old 06-27-2016, 10:55 PM
anton28 will become famous soon enough
Captain Greg I want a set!

Old 06-28-2016, 07:14 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by captain Greg
That thing looks lazer printed with screws that need attention

Here is my first attempt, Im a hobbyist and do it for fun, Im not a dealer or agent...BUT I do have a 5 Xci CNC machine in my man cave, ...and the address of every MILF that puts out on first dates

forget the Bond thing I can put anything on there ?

That looks great!! Where can I order a set with my name instead of Bond?

Old 06-28-2016, 03:23 PM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by zettinger
that looks great!! Where can i order a set with my name instead of bond? :d

pm +1

Old 07-07-2016, 05:30 AM
Ok had the Aston out today and tried to take a pic of the sill plate in the car, the problem is that everything seem to shine back at the iphone camera and getting a quality pic is not my best hallmark

Here it is in the red sills ( I have not donen the roll bar and seat belts yet) i appreciate its bold, but the red really works with my red calipers and engine brace suspension brackets that are visible through the hood
Sorry it took so long

Old 07-14-2016, 04:24 AM
Originally Posted by tonyhall40
oh dear....you need new *****....
not at all plenty of them on this forum

do you want lessons in CNC machining?? ill start you on my Emco and work you up

Old 07-15-2016, 11:04 AM
Originally Posted by tonyhall40
would take you up on the offer...but alas you know the saying...old dogs new tricks etc...
besides...what would i do with my multicam engraver and router , my water jet , my cnc laser , my cnc plasma cutter.....
Tony further up on this thread a person posted a pic of your plates ??...they look like they were printed by a cheap lazer printer?? why dont you try your hand at plasma cutting and see if you can better my magnificent CNC one i posted

Talk is cheap brother...where i come from action is where its at..and please use counter sunk stainless screws like OEM, sorry to be so critical, but since you asked i thought i would inform you.
Dome screws in a application for flat reflect your attention to deatil, and it will be a while before i let you into my man cave...basics Tony basics.

your comment on,... cant teach an old dog new tricks??? Tony I have recently trained 3 men over 65 how to fly? you sell yourself short.. I did of course reach deep into my patience basket

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Replacing Door Sill Name Plate?? Can it be done?