Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Seeking Info on a Vantage

Old 11-01-2015, 01:45 AM
OTS
OTS is on a distinguished road
Seeking Info on a Vantage

Hello, all. I've been lurking around the forum for a while, doing preliminary research, and would like a bit of help. Does anyone know anything about this car?

http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/de...4184/overview/

Dealer site

http://www.northtexasautosales.net/w...exas/25697146/

Three owners, first two each owned it for about a month putting less than 400 miles on it, and a third owned it since then, putting 68k down. There are no maintenance records on Carfax, just annual inspections and emissions.

Everything about the car is great, color, transmission, interior, etc, but that lack of records is worrisome. I'm hoping it was enthusiast owned, perhaps by someone around here.

Old 11-01-2015, 04:03 AM
oo7
oo7 will become famous soon enoughoo7 will become famous soon enough
wow, excellent price. I suggest a ppi by an AM dealer or mechanic who knows AMs. And getting service history a must. I have 82k miles on my 07 and I have only changed oil, tires, and breaks, and filters. Check for pedal wear.

Old 11-01-2015, 03:58 PM
ncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to all
Wow Porsche Cayennes have really started to appreciate in value. That same dealer has one for $ 10 million

http://www.northtexasautosales.net/w...exas/26214142/

Old 11-02-2015, 11:09 AM
spikemd is just really nicespikemd is just really nicespikemd is just really nicespikemd is just really nice
Wow. That's crazy cheap. Just remember that maintenance and costs to fix are high in case you have an issue.

Old 11-02-2015, 12:39 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Looks to me like the drivers door arm rest is pretty beat up from the seatbelt buckle. Thie center armrest leather looks loose, and the driver seat looks worn plus the center console around the shifter looks beat up. This is why cars like this are at a discounted price. Most of those items can be fixed, the armrest however on the the drivers side door is very expensive to buy From Astin Martin and usually can't be painted. Just make sure an Aston dealer looks this car over first. It is true that at this price, a lot of repairs could be performed on the car and you still have a good deal.
Ron

Old 11-09-2015, 08:08 PM
OTS
OTS is on a distinguished road
Thanks everyone for your help. I never heard back from the dealership, so I'm going to back away from this.

I was a little suspicious to begin with. I wanted a significant risk premium, and while it's a great price, I'm not sure it's a great price all things considered. If I'd gotten complete maintenance reports, maybe. As is, meh. There are always more cars.

Anyway, big thanks again, especially to norbertaston. Back to lurking.

Old 11-10-2015, 10:38 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
That is a color you need to see in person. I don't remember the exact name, something like fire or volcano red, but it's more orange than red. It isn't for everyone.