Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Vanquish or Ferrari FF

Old 12-27-2015, 01:59 PM
georgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of light
Vanquish or Ferrari FF

I was set to get a pre-owned FF but I drove a 2015 Vanquish coupe and was quite impressed. The exhaust note was intoxicating, the drive was engaging, and looks are beautiful. There are some new 2015 Vanquish's out there that I can get for the same price as a pre-owned FF. Now I am not sure what to do? Has anyone driven a 2015 Vanquish and if so , any thoughts? Thank you for any input.

Old 12-27-2015, 03:34 PM
plastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to all
I've had 3 Astons....beautiful cars but get ready to get reamed on depreciation. It is the one brand that I've lost the most $ on. If you can stomach that then go for it.
You'll have much better resale with Ferrari. Period.

Old 12-28-2015, 12:27 AM
goto35 will become famous soon enoughgoto35 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by plastique999
I've had 3 Astons....beautiful cars but get ready to get reamed on depreciation. It is the one brand that I've lost the most $ on. If you can stomach that then go for it. You'll have much better resale with Ferrari. Period.
Plastique did you end up selling the v12?

Old 12-28-2015, 06:20 PM
REDVANTAGE is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by georgemaser
I was set to get a pre-owned FF but I drove a 2015 Vanquish coupe and was quite impressed. The exhaust note was intoxicating, the drive was engaging, and looks are beautiful. There are some new 2015 Vanquish's out there that I can get for the same price as a pre-owned FF. Now I am not sure what to do? Has anyone driven a 2015 Vanquish and if so , any thoughts? Thank you for any input.
take a spirited drive with the FF, then report back to us

Old 12-29-2015, 09:41 AM
V12V will become famous soon enough
I have driven them both. The Ferrari is more powerful but it can't make up for that rear end. At least in my eyes. A far as depreciation goes the FFs don't hold value like the other F cars. If you can buy a new 15 Vanquish for a substantial discount (50-100) you will be ok. That's the short answer. Drive them both and decide.

Old 12-29-2015, 12:06 PM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
They're rather different cars. One of them has rear seats that grown humans can sit in.

If you don't need rear seats, Vanquish. For no reason other than that it has 100% more Aston Martin in it. They're both fast, uncommon and wonderful.

If you need rear seats, try a Rapide S before you decide. They're brilliant.

The FF is just about the only Ferrari I really want but as Astons get better I care about the FF less.

Old 12-29-2015, 09:04 PM
georgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of light
I did drive both the Vanquish and the FF. Both are comfortable cars. The exhaust note of the Vanquish is spectacular. The FF is a little quiet. Both felt very fast. The transmission in the Aston was less engaging then the FF. The FF hugged corners better then the Aston. I currently have a 2015 Vantage V12S. It's fun but a bit small and beats me up after 40 minutes in it. I went to the Aston dealer I bought it from ( Aston Martin, Troy, Michigan) and discussed a trade for a 2016 Vanquish they have. They offered me $15k less then multiple Ferrari dealers. So, maybe I have my answer as to which one to get just for this reason alone?

Old 12-29-2015, 09:20 PM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by georgemaser
I did drive both the Vanquish and the FF. Both are comfortable cars. The exhaust note of the Vanquish is spectacular. The FF is a little quiet. Both felt very fast. The transmission in the Aston was less engaging then the FF. The FF hugged corners better then the Aston. I currently have a 2015 Vantage V12S. It's fun but a bit small and beats me up after 40 minutes in it. I went to the Aston dealer I bought it from ( Aston Martin, Troy, Michigan) and discussed a trade for a 2016 Vanquish they have. They offered me $15k less then multiple Ferrari dealers. So, maybe I have my answer as to which one to get just for this reason alone?
Seems a bit unfair to compare the trade value against a pre owned and a 2016. We all known that trade in value is just another word for price. The AM dealer can't possible afford to cut so deeply into a factory new car.
Either way, get the car you'll like. But buying on price alone when you're not really comparing apples to apples seems misguided.

Old 01-02-2016, 08:10 PM
plastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to allplastique999 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by jateshk
Plastique did you end up selling the v12?
Finally yes....got killed on it. Traded it for a G63 AMG at a small dealership that offered me better than a few local Aston dealerships that low balled me. Aston dealerships don't even want the car back because they simply do Not hold value. Aston further depreciates their own cars by offering heavy, heavy discounts on these cars, both new and used (similar to McLaren). So first owner gets severely screwed. Worst car ever to buy new. I have bought 2 other Astons used and even then, they still kept losing money and I lost money. There's a reason Mercedes is going to "try" to save them.

Old 01-11-2016, 04:42 PM
cmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of light
Plastique....with the cars in your garage, I find it a bit amusing that you even care about depreciation....Sweet collection...no one buys a car because it's a good investment...

As for the FF versus Vanquish comparison, I havent driven an FF so I can't say. I did drive a California T before buying the Vanquish. I found the brakes on the California T Grabby, the nose ungainly and generally the performance only marginally better than the Vanquish. The only reason I see to buy the Ferrari over the Vanquish would be if you are compelled by the performance and / or 4 wd. I don't think the Ferrari has the class or the looks of the Vanquish. I love mine so far and think it was the perfect choice.