Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New DB9/DB11 spy shots

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 10:14 AM
ab_aston is a glorious beacon of lightab_aston is a glorious beacon of lightab_aston is a glorious beacon of lightab_aston is a glorious beacon of lightab_aston is a glorious beacon of light
Old 01-08-2016, 10:30 AM
yankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond repute
Does that paint scheme cost extra?

The rear is very similar to an F-type.

Old 01-11-2016, 01:42 PM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
I see much to possibly love.
Maybe a hair of F-type but that's what I thought about the DB10 until I actually saw it.

Looks like they're committed to those un-wonderful headlight shapes we saw on the 10.

I like what I see out back.

I really look forward to the real deal. And I don't care what Philipe thinks.

Old 01-11-2016, 02:21 PM
GCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond repute
ugly, turbo, electric steering boring cars are not going to do anything but make mine and ever other worthwhile aston appreciate faster.

have at it AM

Old 01-11-2016, 02:33 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
I was chatting with one of the owners of AMDC and he's seen the DB11. He said it uses a lot of styling from the DB10. So look at that car for influence - not the F-Type.

Old 01-11-2016, 02:40 PM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by TheYoungConnoisseur
ugly, turbo, electric steering boring cars are not going to do anything but make mine and ever other worthwhile aston appreciate faster.

have at it AM
Hmmm, clueless much?
Ugly? You can already determine that, eh?

Forced induction isn't new to Aston Martin. Plus, global emissions standards are making FI pretty much necessary for high output unless you use electric motors to assist. NA may be a big, nostalgic deal one day but probably in the way that a 2 stroke is kinda cool on a bike these days. It's not better and no one really pays a premium for it, but motor-heads appreciate it.

Your definition of boring is absurd. Give it a bit of thought. By your logic, any car with r&p steering is exciting and any car with electric must be boring.

Finally, if you're waiting on the appreciation of your mass produced, Gaydon era Aston Martin, you have a very very long wait. Oh, and don't think you can drive it much if you do want to see that precious appreciation. Seriously, a money market account will likely be worth more over the same period you're looking at.

The new Aston Martins will be different. Likely better in many ways, maybe a bit less analog in other ways. But knee jerk generalizations don't add much to the conversation.

I'm not ranting because you don't like what you think you see in those spy shots. But go ahead and not like something based on actual evidence and merit, not some media trope like "electric steering is boring".

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.