Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Buick's new Avista concept, AM lines?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 11:45 PM
spf1410 has a spectacular aura aboutspf1410 has a spectacular aura about
Buick's new Avista concept, AM lines?

Hey Gang,

Is it me, or does the Buick Avista concept car look like it has some lines borrowed from our beloved AM's? I really like the looks of it.

Thoughts?

Attached Images   

Last edited by spf1410; 01-11-2016 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Ten thumbs.
Old 01-11-2016, 11:57 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
The side windows like my 2015 mustang is identical, fender strake similar.

Old 01-12-2016, 02:01 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
Front looks like amg gt.

Rear does resemble AM

Old 01-12-2016, 07:14 AM
911MTB will become famous soon enough
By far the best looking modern Buick I've ever seen.

Old 01-15-2016, 03:21 AM
1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all
Many are claiming it's a Bentley ripoff. While I like the Bentley cars; I would not agree with those claims...and yes, I believe that is a gorgeous Buick. If they produced it as-is, at least the sheet metal and drivetrain, I wouldn't think twice of acquring one...stunningly impressive, IMO.

Old 01-15-2016, 02:37 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
I attended the NAIAS on Wednesday and this Buick in my opinion was the Best Vehicle in the show. Really well done. The design did not really speak Aston Martin to me though. Perhaps that was due to its American size.

Old 01-15-2016, 03:33 PM
1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all
Originally Posted by AXARUNNER
I attended the NAIAS on Wednesday and this Buick in my opinion was the Best Vehicle in the show. Really well done. The design did not really speak Aston Martin to me though. Perhaps that was due to its American size.
YESSSS! I love hearing that. I'm tired of the US Auto industry being driven to comply with Euro-sized cars, parking spaces, gas prices and what not. ie "Well, its what we have here and you Americans should feel ashamed"...No shame at all here. Even today's Full-size US trucks are, by and large, about the size of mid-sizes pickups 20 years ago. Full size cars? pfft. go find one...I like hearing this, AXARUNNER!

Old 01-16-2016, 09:36 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Julie@KonceptCars
I agree. Everything with this vehicle is where it needs to be... except the name. Buick was originally going to name it the Grand National, which I think is more fitting and would have resulted in instant orders because of the familiar branding/heritage.
Grand National? Give me a break. Who gives two ****s about some ancient straight line car from whenever. Go back to NASCAR...🙄

Old 01-17-2016, 04:44 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
XJRS Owner... Respect other folks opinions and be nice. While I agree that the Grand National name is dated, next time soften your response.

Old 01-17-2016, 09:40 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Sure...��

Old 01-18-2016, 05:24 AM
flinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to behold
A better name, future production?

Personally I would have been happier with a name with which I can relate. Like Wildcat, Skylark, Riviera, even Special or Super. Buick's history is full of them...but Roadmaster would be hard to stomach.

With an airy nonentity label like Avista this beauty could easily drop from public view (and production potential). What happened to last years block buster concept, the Avenir luxury sedan? The marketing hype was over the top for that one as well.

Avista's more pressing problem is GM internal politics. Chevrolet Division, profit delivery and volume (accomplished via pyramids of employees who design, engineer, develop, produce and market Camaro through thousands of dealers across North America), will be threatened. They will view this handsome coupe as a problem, a competitor to their now successful, recently returned sporty/performance entry.

I would bet Camaro supporters are already refining their strategy.

Did the Avenir sedan run afoul of Cadillac Division?

A supporting counter view for Avista, inside the GM decision making hierarchy, will be the almost unbelievable acceptance (means profit and volume) the Buick brand is achieving in China. "We have to fill out their showroom alternatives, Chinese Buick customers need more choices, we can not let this acceptance get away." Such will be a powerful argument...I can foresee a mainland China market research clinic to study the alternatives.

Last edited by flinder; 01-18-2016 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Clean up the sentence structure
Old 01-18-2016, 08:58 AM
Townshend is on a distinguished road
A sharp looking car for sure. I was at NAIAS last weekend and snapped a picture of it

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00408.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	2.09 MB
ID:	437737  
Old 01-19-2016, 03:24 AM
flinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to behold
Man talking to blond

Townshend, The man in your well staged photo, the guy with the scarf around his neck, is Chris Theodore, the leader of the 2005-06 Ford GT program. He had been hired from Chrysler bringing his Viper and other experiences, think minivan. He retired from Ford but runs his own consultancy. He is a real 'car guy', still interested, still participating.

Old 01-20-2016, 08:54 AM
First hand knowledge

Went to the Detroit Auto Show (NAIAS) yesterday and eyeballed the Buick Avista Concept Car. The pictures (above) are excellent, however, the car is even better in person. Very classy, refined, luxurious...all good descriptors. Wheels were particularly well done.

Surprise to me was the scale of the vehicle...larger than I thought it would be, maybe an illusion caused by its elevated stance on the turntable? I was not able to climb up and engage a blond in conversation, like Chris.

The power assumed for this concept was a smallish 3L twin turbo V6. Of course this is easily modified with the stroke of a pen when vehicles are still in a 'concept' phase.

Model was a 2 door hardtop, no 'B' pillar, also assumed as a rear wheel drive Camaro derivative with an 8 speed automatic transmission.

One GM exec thought 'Wildcat ' a better name, 'performance' history. I think 'Riviera', 'luxury' a better choice.

Last edited by flinder; 01-20-2016 at 09:35 AM.
Old 01-21-2016, 07:41 PM
Kent will become famous soon enough
I think it looks fantastic!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Buick's new Avista concept, AM lines?