Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New Vantage Owner, First Impressions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2016, 07:41 AM
BillV8V has a spectacular aura aboutBillV8V has a spectacular aura aboutBillV8V has a spectacular aura about
Beautiful combination of colors !!!! I just had the Aston Martin Bluetooth upgrade done on my 07 V8V, so nice not having to plug in the iPhone.

Old 01-16-2016, 10:09 AM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Congrats, it sounds like you're really smitten

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 01-16-2016, 10:22 AM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by BillV8V
I just had the Aston Martin Bluetooth upgrade done on my 07 V8V, so nice not having to plug in the iPhone.
Not sure what you mean. I have a 2007 Vantage and it connected to my iPhone via Bluetooth without a problem.

Old 01-16-2016, 01:39 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by embdenb
Not sure what you mean. I have a 2007 Vantage and it connected to my iPhone via Bluetooth without a problem.
I think they are talking about the I pod music on our I phones. Not just the phone function via Blue tooth.
Ron

Old 01-16-2016, 07:30 PM
Rugbyduck is on a distinguished road
I just bought a Vantage yesterday too!

I'm also a Lotus guy (Rugbyduck on LT). Just got a 2007 Vantage with the Power Pack. Beautiful car!

Old 01-16-2016, 07:37 PM
BillV8V has a spectacular aura aboutBillV8V has a spectacular aura aboutBillV8V has a spectacular aura about
Correct, the new bluetooth kit supports music streaming not just phone.

Old 01-16-2016, 08:08 PM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
Wow glad to see it worked out then Great color choice / combo as well!

Old 01-17-2016, 09:33 AM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by spinecho
bitter chocolate and sandstorm??
Yes, but I can't bring myself to describe colors like that

Old 01-17-2016, 09:34 AM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Rugbyduck
I'm also a Lotus guy (Rugbyduck on LT). Just got a 2007 Vantage with the Power Pack. Beautiful car!
Then welcome to you too!

Old 01-17-2016, 09:35 AM
Originally Posted by Ron Avery
Wow, what a great color combo. You and I have a similar backstory. I had a 2005 ELISE that I ordered new ( I gave it to my daughter for a collage graduation present). I also had a 2011 Evora that I also ordered new. I loved both of my Lotus's, the Evora I sold after 5 1/2 years of ownership.
In August of 2014 I bought a 2007 Vantage coupe with a stick. It had only 2800 miles from new. I purchased it from my Lotus, Ford, Aston Martin dealer. I Had told them for quite a while if they ever got a used Vantage coupe with the stick to let me know and I would look at it. It is Merlot with black and cherry leather interior.
After I bought my Vantage, I added the Power Pack, Aston Martin sport exhaust and 2009 split spoke 19" wheels. As others have stated, going with Aston Martin performance upgrade parts can be expensive. But it's allowed me to maintain the use of my extended warranty which I just extended for another year and have the peace of mind knowing it was engineered for my car.
Over the summer while up in Monterey, I was able to drive the new Aston Martin Vantage GT with a stick. Overall the car was better in every respect than my car. It is quicker and has more powerful breaks better handling sharper steering response and upgraded interior. Is it worth the extra $40-$60,000 for me to purchase the new GT? That's up for debate for the time being I'll stick with what I have. I have over 5600 miles on my Vantage at this point.
I also added an iPod upgrade, it was not the Aston Martin system as I had mine installed before it came out, it's a worthwhile upgrade to do.
So fare it has been very reliable with the exception of a new rear shock under warranty, seat heater recall, and the fuel fill door recall.
I've driven the car up to Monterey once Phoenix once for a driving school and my wife and I are just about ready to go to Monterey for our anniversary in February in the Aston Martin once more. It is a great car.
Ron
I've followed several of your posts. Your contributions are very helpful.

Old 01-17-2016, 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by BillV8V
Correct, the new bluetooth kit supports music streaming not just phone.
At over $1200, I'm not sure I'm going to get the return on that investment.

Old 01-17-2016, 09:57 AM
I wish it was only $1200 installed lol

Final bill was closer to $2300, but it's only money, i can't take it with me.

Old 01-17-2016, 10:35 PM
IbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant futureIbisRider has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by blue2000s
Yes, but I can't bring myself to describe colors like that
It can seem silly, but with Aston Martins there are many colors that are very close. Using generic terms means you're being inaccurate. Often it's no big deal, but we all know how varied photos and displays can be. Without knowing the actual color's name, it can be hard to tell (in a photo) the difference between Truffle, Sandstorm, and Wheat, but in person they really are meaningfully different.

I for one very much like that Aston produces so many subtly different colors (interior and exterior). They are all beautiful in their own way and on the interior, certain combinations (like yours) are just brilliant.

Great to see your interior. Seems more of the older Vantages were spec'd with two color interiors. And for Gaydon era Aston Martins, they just seem to look better that way.

Old 01-18-2016, 09:05 AM
Townshend is on a distinguished road
Do the 07s have an iPod adapter in the glovebox? If so grab a Tune2Air WMA1000 for $50.. problem solved.

Old 01-18-2016, 02:59 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
To drastically improve ride quality and suspension performance/smoothness just get 2-piece brake rotors from Brembo. They will also improve the acceleration and braking significantly.

If you want better steering feedback, get 15mm spacers front & rear (or better yet upgrade wheels to get much lighter wheels with the correct offset and knock out 2 birds with one stone).

For More power just get the Eurocharged ECU, it's another 30-40hp easy and you will have no complaints about the power anymore.

Doesn't take much to get these cars close to perfect.

Congrats on the new toy!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Vantage Owner, First Impressions