Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New Vantage Owner, First Impressions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 09:20 AM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by mkzhang
Thanks! +rep

I am so OCD that I have to turn around and clip the strap back in every time it comes off, whether or not I am driving or parking
I am glad that I am not alone on this one. I am also a prevues Lotus owner. I had a 2011 Evora for 5 years, and a 2005 Elise ( I gave it to my daughter). both great cars. Both I purchased new, the Evora was the best all around sports car. But the Vantage is just a bit more special.
Ron

Last edited by Ron Avery; 03-24-2016 at 09:25 AM.
Old 03-24-2016, 06:56 PM
ncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Gene G
I love the way the Lotus looks and drives. When I test drove a Lotus a Chrysler 300 pulled up next to me at a stop light and top of his tire was about eye level. Makes you fell kind of vulnerable. At my age 68 if I took a drive of an hour or more I would definitely need help getting out of the car. So I bought a 911 instead and love it.
Its amazing how may of us are/were Lotus owners. I feel like we are at an LOA (Lotus owners Anonymous)

HI, My name is NCAMV8 and I too have a Lotus, an Elise Sport.

Compared to the Aston, they are worlds different. When I drive the Lotus, with the it's light weight and manual steering, it's like that girlfriend that had that would constantly talk to you. The Lotus is continually telling me about the road. "The asphalt is about 4 years old, oh that was a June Bug you just ran over, hmmm male, yes definitely male, and so on..."

I agree that car feels like one part everything was designed to work as a whole, and not a bit more. Also like the Aston, I love to look to at the extruded parts the craftsmanship is amazing, and so much better than the plastic dash. I'd have it wrapped in leather, but I'm afraid the leather would be about 5% of the Lotus's weight

Old 03-25-2016, 08:52 AM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by ncamv8
Its amazing how may of us are/were Lotus owners. I feel like we are at an LOA (Lotus owners Anonymous)

HI, My name is NCAMV8 and I too have a Lotus, an Elise Sport.

Compared to the Aston, they are worlds different. When I drive the Lotus, with the it's light weight and manual steering, it's like that girlfriend that had that would constantly talk to you. The Lotus is continually telling me about the road. "The asphalt is about 4 years old, oh that was a June Bug you just ran over, hmmm male, yes definitely male, and so on..."

I agree that car feels like one part everything was designed to work as a whole, and not a bit more. Also like the Aston, I love to look to at the extruded parts the craftsmanship is amazing, and so much better than the plastic dash. I'd have it wrapped in leather, but I'm afraid the leather would be about 5% of the Lotus's weight
I don't understand the desire to add luxury touches to an Elise. The car will never be comfortable and luxurious. Even worse, it dilutes the car's personality. Owning another car that actually is comfortable and enjoying the lotus for what it is is the best solution. It's like having a beautiful woman who loves walking around the house naked and asking her to put something on.

Old 03-25-2016, 05:23 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
I almost can't imagine an owner of a Lotus to ever want an Aston and vice versa. There can't two brands more at opposite ends of the spectrum. Well maybe Bentley is further to one side than Aston. It's hard to imagine an owner of one would appeal to the other.

Old 03-25-2016, 05:35 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Why is it hard to imagine? Cars at different ends of the spectrum are bound to interest those with eclectic tastes, and those who appreciate something built to a specific purpose.. It would be like saying: you can't possibly enjoy rock if you like classical, or single malt scotch if you like vintage port.

Old 03-25-2016, 07:08 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
I can imagine it. If you have multiple cars it is nice to have different driving experiences rather than have them all be the same.

Old 03-25-2016, 08:11 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by deckman
I almost can't imagine an owner of a Lotus to ever want an Aston and vice versa. There can't two brands more at opposite ends of the spectrum. Well maybe Bentley is further to one side than Aston. It's hard to imagine an owner of one would appeal to the other.
You don't wear the same shirt to work, out to dinner, and while working out, right?

Old 03-25-2016, 09:18 PM
ncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to all
To me it's like owning a car and a motorcycle, or pickup truck. Each has purpose and all are fun when used in their element. On a tight winding road on a sunny day, there is nothing like the Elise. While if I have a longer trip or a fancy date with my Lovely wife, the Aston is the way to go. LIkewise if I'm going to the track for a HPD event, I'll take the Cobra as the power to weight is like nothing else.

Old 03-25-2016, 09:19 PM
Adding the Leather was meant as a joke... Since Lotus is all about adding lightness

Originally Posted by blue2000s
I don't understand the desire to add luxury touches to an Elise. The car will never be comfortable and luxurious. Even worse, it dilutes the car's personality. Owning another car that actually is comfortable and enjoying the lotus for what it is is the best solution. It's like having a beautiful woman who loves walking around the house naked and asking her to put something on.

Old 03-26-2016, 09:29 AM
Originally Posted by ncamv8
Adding the Leather was meant as a joke... Since Lotus is all about adding lightness
Some add leather covering to the dash, console, sill covers, ect. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Old 03-26-2016, 11:18 AM
Originally Posted by blue2000s
Some add leather covering to the dash, console, sill covers, ect. Just doesn't make sense to me.
Yes, I have seen on lotus talk some the things folks do. Personally I think it would have been better if Lotus had not chosen to cut cost on such a visible part of the car.

Every time I open the door I have to look at the hinges, they are an amazing work of art that is basically hidden 90% of the time. Then the dash, that you look virtually 100% of the time is a collection of poorly fitting plastic, with an array of textures and materials.

Don't get me wrong I love the car and would not try to make a luxury car out of it, it's a street legal track toy.