Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston Martin v8 V cannot Jump Start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 07:15 PM
yo-lily is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Aston Martin v8 V cannot Jump Start

My 2009 AM v8 V cannot jump start this afternoon, I bought a Duralast (600 peak AMPS), and still doesn't work. Can someone tell me how to start car? I believe the battery is dead.

Old 02-20-2016, 03:52 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
If you know that the battery is dead, replace it. Then your trouble shooting can start if you have any other faults.

Old 02-20-2016, 04:41 PM
Richard Wong is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by yo-lily
My 2009 AM v8 V cannot jump start this afternoon, I bought a Duralast (600 peak AMPS), and still doesn't work. Can someone tell me how to start car? I believe the battery is dead.
How long did you leave the charger attached to your battery? If you battery is dead, it could possibly drag your 600 peak to 300 amps or less. That would not leave enough CCA's to start your car.

I'm not an expert, but every time I try to jump start a dead car I leave the other car or charger on for at least 3 minutes before trying to start the car.

Old 02-20-2016, 05:24 PM
ArtB is a jewel in the roughArtB is a jewel in the roughArtB is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by yo-lily
Will the car turn over at all, or is it a completely dead system? There is a battery reset switch that needs to be reset if the battery drops below a certain level, and if not reset, it will not allow you to start the car even with a new battery. In the earlier cars it is located on the passengers side behind the seat down by the floor. You should see a hole in the carpet and a button inside.

Old 02-20-2016, 10:08 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
2009 MY doesn't have that feature. If the OP figures out where the battery is, and how to replace it.Then we can move forward.

Old 02-21-2016, 07:41 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
If the battery is new, it shouldn't be a problem. My OEM battery is with one of my manufacturers right now, and I've got a random Odyssey I was going to use as a second battery for my 4Runner hooked into my Aston at the moment. It works just fine. It's just sitting on the battery tray, not secured - I'm not driving it, the battery is there so I can move the car when needed.

That said, if you need to replace the battery, there's a video of the process on YouTube.

Old 02-21-2016, 09:35 AM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Problem is you can't have a dead battery ans boost from the front..you can boost from the front but that battery will eat up more than half the cca and the 20Ft of battery cable from the jump to the battery doesn't help at all..

If the front boost post doesn't do the job, I always disconnect the ground and then jump directly to the battery cables..avoids the battery drain and a to like a fully charged battery now in place.

The V8's aren't bad, but the V12's are a POS to jump with a low battery...thing floods instantly

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9
Office: (1)250-485-5126
Email: Tuning@VelocityAP.com

www.velocityap.com

Old 02-21-2016, 09:48 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by irish07
Problem is you can't have a dead battery ans boost from the front..you can boost from the front but that battery will eat up more than half the cca and the 20Ft of battery cable from the jump to the battery doesn't help at all..

If the front boost post doesn't do the job, I always disconnect the ground and then jump directly to the battery cables..avoids the battery drain and a to like a fully charged battery now in place.

The V8's aren't bad, but the V12's are a POS to jump with a low battery...thing floods instantly
Unfortunately don't think OP is around any more. His 3 posts were for 2 threads he created for this same issue and never responded to anyones helpings. I don't own a AM but I participate and help when I can, preparing for ownership , but hate when people join to find help then disappear. Just IMHO

Old 02-21-2016, 09:53 AM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SheriffDep
Unfortunately don't think OP is around any more. His 3 posts were for 2 threads he created for this same issue and never responded to anyones helpings. I don't own a AM but I participate and help when I can, preparing for ownership , but hate when people join to find help then disappear. Just IMHO
LOL..if you don't like ppl posting just for the info then messing off, you should see my P.M inbox! ;-)

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, B.C
Canada V0H 1T9
Office: (1)250-485-5126
Email: Tuning@VelocityAP.com

www.velocityap.com

Old 02-21-2016, 06:32 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
LOL..if you don't like ppl posting just for the info then messing off, you should see my P.M inbox! ;-)
Well most of us do thank you greatly for your guidance on AM matters, what you have posted has been a wealth of knowledge for me in my search for my ultimate car. Narrowed it down to either a Skyfall or Onyx black car. Good start at least . Just wanted to say thanks to you, not sure if you get that a lot.

Old 02-23-2016, 12:51 AM
goto35 will become famous soon enoughgoto35 will become famous soon enough
lol...