Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Vantage alarm

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2016, 07:57 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Vantage alarm

Is there a way to eliminate the alarm on my Vantage. I'm tired of the horn blowing in the garage in the middle of the night? I took the modual out from the left rear and the horn still goes off at random times. Quic fix for the annoyance I took the horn fuse out. Is there a fuse or something I can do to eliminate the alarm?
Thanks Gene

Old 03-14-2016, 08:55 AM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Please guys,I need help. The Aston dealer is 2.5-3hrs away. Seems to me there should be away to eliminate the alarm. Maybe a fuse or something. Thanks.
HELP !!!

Old 03-14-2016, 10:04 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
If you removed the alarm module at the LH rear and have removed the fuse to the horn. Can't see why it's still sounds the horn? Wrong fuse maybe? Disconnect the horn!

Old 03-14-2016, 11:49 AM
After I removed the module the horn started blowing a few hours later. Then I removed fuse #11 to stop the horn from blowing. The horn hasn't blown since I removed the fuse. I'm not going to put the old module back in I have ordered a new alarm module to put in. I was just surprised that the horn sounded with the alarm module out. There has to be a way to completely eliminate the alarm. That is what I would like to do. The car is never in an area that I would need an alarm especially in my own garage.
Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Old 03-14-2016, 12:14 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
The problem is that the CEM (central electronics module) controls the alarm, and that can't be eliminated. From the workshop manual:

All alarm and central locking operations are controlled from within the Central Electronic Module (CEM).
Communications with the Mass Movement Sensor, the Instrument Module, the Remote Key Less Entry Function and the Battery Backed Sounder are via data buses.

Component Descriptions

Battery Backed Sounder
This device produces the audible out-put from the alarm
system. The sounder can also house a tilt sensor to detect
unauthorised vehicle movement.

Guard Reduction Switch
Used to disable the mass movement sensor, double locking
and tilt sensor, so that people or animals can be left in the
vehicle.

Mass Movement Sensor (optional)
Detects movement within the cabin of the car using
microwaves. It is specifically designed to protect the ignition
barrel and lock.

Central Electronics Module (CEM)
This module controls the vehicle alarm system. The CEM
controls all alarm system inputs and outputs.

Driver Information Module (DIM)
Instrument Cluster

The message centre right provides text messages displaying
alarm information to the user.

Ajar switches (perimeter sensors)
The car is equipped with ajar switches to sense unauthorised
access to the following areas:

• Doors (Cabin area)
• Boot (Luggage compartment)
• Bonnet (Engine bay)

Remote Transmitter
Remote Key less Entry (RKE)
Controls the vehicle locking functionality (Refer to the
vehicles Owner’s Guide for operation).

Old 03-14-2016, 01:45 PM
So it sounds like either the CEM module or the perimeter sensors. It sounds like I have to have the dealer scan it to know what parts I need to replace. Where is the CEM module located? Might be less expensive to just replace the parts rather than going to the dealer. The closest dealer is almost a 3 hour drive from me.
Thanks telum01 for your help.

Last edited by Gene G; 03-14-2016 at 01:48 PM.
Old 03-14-2016, 02:01 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
The CEM is the brains of your car. Don't even think about replacing it...

Old 03-14-2016, 04:09 PM
Am I wrong or wright in thinking the sensors for the doors and trunk also turn the interior or trunk lights on and off ? If so they are all working just fine.

Old 03-14-2016, 07:05 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
I have never had this happen and really haven't heard it complained about before. Probably going to have to get the dealer to look at it.

Old 03-18-2016, 12:52 PM
Update:

I'm back form Amelia, had a great time there. The alarm module came and I put it on the car. Haven't put the #11 fuse back in yet. The lights did blink when I was jacking the car. So far everything seems ok. Someone mentioned to do a series of lock unlock. They said it could be that I have opened the door, hood, or boot too many times with out starting the car. I also put the #22 fuse in, now it is fairly quiet until you push down hard on the loud peddle. Thanks to everyone for the response and help. Is this a great forum or what.

Old 09-22-2023, 12:59 AM
sciroccomavisi is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi! I own a 2009 Vantage and i have same problem. Dealer replaced siren and mass movement sensor but problem did not solved. All lock and latches working. @Gene G how did you solve problem ?