Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Just finished a 3 day paint correction

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 09:52 AM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
11 years old 8 thousand miles and still never been in the rain.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	31
Size:	975.9 KB
ID:	445032  
Old 04-07-2016, 10:06 AM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Doesn't have as big or as many metallic chips in the paint but the paint is much harder.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	33
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	445036  
Old 04-07-2016, 10:57 AM
Jeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Gene G
11 years old 8 thousand miles and still never been in the rain.
That must be quite a feat in Florida!

Old 04-07-2016, 11:29 AM
Sometimes the weather is frustrating but that is what the Tiguan is for.

Old 04-07-2016, 04:24 PM
Jeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to behold
Talk about frustrating weather, it's snowing in WI today...

Old 04-07-2016, 04:49 PM
I feel for you. I grew up in Norther Illinois and spent a lot of time in Wisconsin.
The winters are tough but what a beautiful place.

Old 04-11-2016, 05:01 PM
Gene, did you remove your rotors to paint the hubs or did you paint them on the car?

Old 04-11-2016, 05:34 PM
I painted them on the car using a foam brush and high temperature silver paint.

Old 04-11-2016, 06:48 PM
Did you use spray paint and brush it on or did you have the paint in a can?

Old 04-11-2016, 07:02 PM
I used silver high temp spray paint. I sprayed it into a small plastic tray and then used a disposable foam brush from Ace hardware.

Old 04-11-2016, 07:10 PM
Thanks for the info.

Old 04-11-2016, 07:18 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Gene G
I used silver high temp spray paint. I sprayed it into a small plastic tray and then used a disposable foam brush from Ace hardware.
What did you use for a clear coat on top of the paint?????? Did the foam stick leave any telltale lines or strokes?

Anywhere near Tampa????

Old 04-12-2016, 07:06 AM
I used nothing on top of the high temp paint. The foam brush didn't leave any marks. That is why I used a foam brush instead of a normal paint brush.

Old 04-12-2016, 09:28 AM
Gene, do you happen to have any pictures of how the rotors turned out?

Old 04-12-2016, 10:09 AM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
I'm interested on how the rotors turned out as well. Mine look bad and trying to figure out how to make them look good again.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just finished a 3 day paint correction